Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Dine for 2 - Indian meal deal - €11.50

• 01-05-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭

Picked this deal today for €11.50

Main - Chicken Tikka (alternatively available Chicken Korma & Prawn Curry)
    2 Sides - Bombay Potato & Onion Bhaji (alternatively available rice)
    and a bottle of wine (alternatively 4 bottles of Cobra beer)

The wine bottle itself scanned for 10.60 so its a decent enough deal. Food is decent enough as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got this today with 4 bottles of Cobra beer. Food is really good and the beer is very nice. Fantastic deal in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

gpf101 wrote: »
    Got this today with 4 bottles of Cobra beer. Food is really good and the beer is very nice. Fantastic deal in fairness.
    but Cobra is from mexico so just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Wineman

Cobra is from India, your quote infers Mexican beer is not good - Corona and Sol are great examples of Mexican beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Cobra is supposedly Indian, but brewed in the UK. Not a sniff of anything Mexican about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

Is it?? Thought it was originally brewed in India:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Doesnt matter where it is from, its one of the nicest beer I know about. Real smooth, never got a hangover from it.

.... and its true, Indian beer brewed in UK.

I only picked up bottle of wine over it because already I have box of 24 Cobra beer lying in my apartment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

alastair wrote: »
    Cobra is supposedly Indian, but brewed in the UK. Not a sniff of anything Mexican about it.

The Corona you get here is brewed in UK too AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Cobra is brewed in India

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cobra is a British beer that some lad started brewing after seeing a gap in the market for a less gassy beer. It was initially brewed in India but is now brewed in the UK.

Advertisement