Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Office (USA) - Seasons 1-3 Boxset (9 Discs) - €20 delivered [Sendit]

Options
  • 05-04-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Probably the best comedy currently airing on TV... and if you haven't seen it and still are of the opinion the UK version is "SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bettah" despite only seeing one or two episodes, do yourself a favour and pick this up!

BARGAIN!

5446514x.jpg
    Buy it @ Sendit
    THE OFFICE:AN AMERICAN WORKPLACE SEASONS 1-3.

Fill Your Inbox With Seasons 1-3 Of The Office, The Comically Honest Look At The World Of White-Collar
    Employment In Scranton USA. This 9 Disc Set Is Crammed With Extensive Bonus Features And All 51 Episodes From
    Seasons 1-3 Of The Primetime Emmy Award Winner Of Outstanding Comedy Series! Join Steve Carell As He Stars
    In His Golden Globe Winning Role As Earnest But Clueless Boss Michael Scott, And The Rest Of The Staff At The
    Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, As They Navigate Their Way Through Office Romances, Politics And Possible
    Mergers In This Show That Time Magazine Praises For ''Satirising The Culture Of Coffee, Cubicles And Chili's
    With Heart And Laser Precision.''

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭throwingmuses

Cheers just bought it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Already have S2 but this is tempting...

I need to get a job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

great price.... plus another 10% cashback using http://www.bethrifty.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

oraiste wrote: »
    great price.... plus another 10% cashback using http://www.bethrifty.ie

You only get 4% cashback for DVDs (I think the 10% is only for perfume or something!!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

or you could just watch all five seasons online free....

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Don't post any links to copyrighted content again waraf. Final warning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

waraf wrote: »

<SNIP>

Some folk actually like buying stuff though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Its strange how the prices vary btwn Play+Sendit as its EUR 32.49 at Play.

The 1st series at Play is E6.49/£4.99 & Sendit €13.49 /£11.49 as i came across this before seeing this bargain post as its good value as 1+2 are priced that individually, so you're getting 2 free!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

God dammit OP, I've enough things to be watching without buying this too :mad:

Still bought it :D

Cheers!

btw, it's €21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

+ 1 in terms of the best comedy on TV. Initally like many thought it was a disaster waiting to happen but it's pure class... Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

johnp wrote: »
    btw, it's €21
    Pay in sterling, not euro! ;)

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »

Dammit!

Ah well, still a great deal.

Hi Basquille, you've just answered one of my questions on this, is it just with Sendit you can pay in sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dave_29 wrote: »
    Hi Basquille, you've just answered one of my questions on this, is it just with Sendit you can pay in sterling?
    Most sites bar Play let you pay in sterling.

Unless it specifically REQUIRES you to pay in euro, ALWAYS pay in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Now ya tell me :(

Most sites bar Play let you pay in sterling.

Unless it specifically REQUIRES you to pay in euro, ALWAYS pay in sterling.

Cheers & i assume your bank does the competitively priced conversion?, as it took terrible restraint from buyin in Euro over the w/end until i sought advice here. :)

But to be honest unless it says elsewhere i wouldnt have known that, but i have posted a few times about , & then thought it a stupid question as i didnt get a response?

So is there somewhere, or is it just trial & error.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

waraf wrote: »

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Don't post any links to copyrighted content again waraf. Final warning!

oops sorry mod

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Great deal. Way funnier than the English original.

Regarding the always pay in sterling ideal, do people recommend paying in sterling when preordering items. Ordered the Coffin joe box set the other day and did so in Euro as it was only about 2 euro more and I was afraid of a drop in the euro vs sterling exchange rate in the 2 months between now and it's release.

Arrived today, not exactly the best packaging in the world, but still for €20 a good deal.

Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Mine arrived too, pretty weird packaging alright! Bargain all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

jesterhead wrote: »
    Mine arrived too, pretty weird packaging alright! Bargain all the same!

How exactly is it packaged?
    Just on a personal level, I'd almost prefer individual seasons for the aesthetic, but it'd be a bigger dent if the collection set had bad packaging.

Syferus wrote: »
    How exactly is it packaged?
    Just on a personal level, I'd almost prefer individual seasons for the aesthetic, but it'd be a bigger dent if the collection set had bad packaging.

It's one big box, with 5 cardboard sleeves in it. Why I said it wasn't great packaging was because the sleeves seem a little flimsy and weren't sitting well in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 老大

Thks OP

just ordered it there now..

[waits in anticipation of a whole weekend of watching the office soon!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's one big box, with 5 cardboard sleeves in it. Why I said it wasn't great packaging was because the sleeves seem a little flimsy and weren't sitting well in the box.

So the inside sleeves hold the discs how? Sounds strange.

Syferus wrote: »
    So the inside sleeves hold the discs how? Sounds strange.

It's a double sleeve with a dvd slotted into each side.

Arrived today, not exactly the best packaging in the world, but still for €20 a good deal.

Cheers OP!

How long from purchasing it - did it take to arrive?

As i ordered mine on the 14th & now after checkin it says awaiting stock , dispatch date due 21st April :eek:

Did it show up like that on yours & arrive earlier than expected?

Thanks.

dave_29 wrote: »
    How long from purchasing it - did it take to arrive?

As i ordered mine on the 14th & now after checkin it says awaiting stock , dispatch date due 21st April :eek:

Did it show up like that on yours & arrive earlier than expected?

Thanks.

Ordered on the 6th April, got a mail saying it would usually be dispatched within 4 working days.
    Then arrived on the 14th.

Thanks for that, as you ordered yours on Mon 6th arr. Tue 14th, mine's might arr on the 23rd?

Will post when arr, as sendit are bad at cust. serv from other queries i had sent as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

That's a great price, i've seen a few episodes on TV and it's quite good.
    Looking forward to watching them in order.
    Hope there's no prob with delivery, i didn't even check to see if it was in stock
    oooops

Advertisement