Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxygen_Legal implications.

• 19-08-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if someone can shed light on using oxygen in the workplace once trained staff are using it. (EMT/Paramedics).
    This workplace being a large entertainment complex.

Not asking is it needed (As it would have been great to have on a number of recent occasions), Just looking at it from a legal standpoint and assuming insurance was in place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Oxygen is a medication, therefore you could well need to sign up to phecc as a cpg approved service provider and write a medication policy and get everyone who will be using it to sign up to the policy.

Just let the ofa's deal with it and call 999 if needed, I'm sure most of people would have a normal spo2 on room air anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

If u want to work as an EMT so use skills meds etc at EMT level you must be working for a phecc approved organisation either paid or voluntary if not you are not covered to use/do any of it so just do the basics I'm an EMT but I work in a factory and am on the first aid team but I did and am certified an OFA and that what I do in work up to OFA level end of this page explains the phecc triple lock allowing you to work as and EMT http://www.phecit.ie/PHECC/The_Register/Terminology_Change.aspx

Advertisement