Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mma clothing dublin city centre??

• 29-09-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

I Searched but got no exact answer!

Could someone hook me up with a shop that sells mma clothes and gear in dublin city centre?

Nowhere in galway does and heading up to dub this weekend!

any help much appreciated!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a place up on Swords on Airside, sure somebody could tell ya exactly what the name of the place is, it's attached to a gym

EDIT : Found it http://www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's a place up on Swords on Airside, sure somebody could tell ya exactly what the name of the place is, it's attached to a gym

EDIT : Found it http://www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie/

cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Wrestling Mania in Stephens Green shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but when I see grown men wearing Tapout shirts I can't help but think they're saddos...

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but when I see grown men wearing Tapout shirts I can't help but think they're saddos...

Make sure ya mention that to Wandy when he's in Dublin for his Seminar ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Wrestling Mania Stephens Green shopping centre ,they carry all the Main MMA Brands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whats the difference from wearing a Tapout shirt to any other brand name clothing? Should we all be shopping in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

What floor is it on? Never seen it before? :eek:

ScareGilly wrote: »
    What floor is it on? Never seen it before? :eek:

Top Floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Joel Careful Children

I have a few!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Dont sound much like a grown man yourself. I dont like Tapout at all and I think thier shorts are rubbish but whats the point in insulting people who do though. Some people like Tapout t-shirts, but its not harming you so why does it bother you so much?

Dont sound much like a grown man yourself. I dont like Tapout at all and I think thier shorts are rubbish but whats the point in insulting people who do though. Some people like Tapout t-shirts, but its not harming you so why does it bother you so much?

It doesn't bother me so much. It just shouts "I think I'm a hard man" which I personally think is a bit pathetic.

I agree it doesn't harm me. And as stated it doesn't bother me so much. I was just giving my opinion, just like you gave yours. This is, after all, a discussion forum. It would be pretty crap if we were only allowed have your opinion.

It doesn't bother me so much. It just shouts "I think I'm a hard man" which I personally think is a bit pathetic.

'Hard man', seriously?.

What about lads who train & compete, are they allowed wear TapouT without looking like "saddos"?.

I actually like TapouT gear, mostly what I've bought over the years still looks and feels great - tbh, its lasted the years better than I have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

This attitude regards to Tapout clothing has always bothered me, I mean I just buy them because I like how they look.

I have no intentions of coming across as a hard man wearing their stuff, and like Makikomi said, the stuff is excellent quality and I have some shirts over a year and a half that are still going strong.

Besides, they used to do great deals on the website, I got several free hoodies just by spending over $35. I mean a hoody here would set you back €50-60 at least. They do seem to have stopped those type of deals though.

'Hard man', seriously?.

What about lads who train & compete, are they allowed wear TapouT without looking like "saddos"?.

I actually like TapouT gear, mostly what I've bought over the years still looks and feels great - tbh, its lasted the years better than I have :(

Joel Careful Children I know from your previous posts (I remember you as "mairt") that you most definitely consider yourself a hard man, so you personally aren't going to convince me I'm wrong. :)

It's basic psychology that we try to present an image of ourself to the world, and one of the main ways we do that is through our clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Its an expression of combat known worldwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

thanks for that brilliant input

now if u could keep this on topic i would appreciate it,wasnt looking for a discussion about peoples opinion on the clothing

Makikomi I know from your previous posts (I remember you as "mairt") that you most definitely consider yourself a hard man, so you personally aren't going to convince me I'm wrong. :)

lol... Only for your sister!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

We have a shop in Airside. Its called Ultimate MMA Supplies. We open evenings (mon-thurs, 6pm-9pm and saturday, 10am-5.30pm). We can make arrangements to open for people during the day too if you contact us on 0862245559.

We carry a great range of brands.........

TapouT
    Venum
    Warrior
    Cage Fighter
    Contract Killer
    Silver Star
    Dethrone
    UFC
    Tatami
    Hayabusa
    Bad Boy
    Adidas

Plus more brands added all the time. We have an online store too and offer many special offers to our fans on Facebook.

http://www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie/index.php/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swords-Ireland/Ultimate-MMA-Supplies/150174652171?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Fighting Fit on Camden Street had a good range of MMA T-Shirts and Sports Nutrition when I was in there last.

Had some nice Clinch Gear T-Shirts for €25 when I was in there last.

Here's where it is.
    http://goo.gl/maps/6Uwh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

@Mr Loverman
    What sort of brands do you wear?..Or do you not wear clothes as not to present an image of yourself to the world?....If someone wears a Tapout,Bad Boy or any other MMA brand t shirt you have no right to judge them as what they want to be perceived as..

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

I hate tap out t-shirts, and its not just because its tapout, any t-shirt that has a logo spread across the entire body screams 'look at me!' for goodness sake there website is inyaface.com! lol

I have one and every time i wear it i feel like a douche!

Its great for sponsored fighters because they can walk into the ring with the t-shirt on and benefit from the advertising. but paying 20-30 euro for a t-shirt, to then be a free advertisement is just not for me.

But people dig big brands, and tapout obviously have an excellent marketing strategy.

Used to be a shop warriors mma off moore street, still there??

da-bres wrote: »
    I have one and every time i wear it i feel like a douche!

If the cap T-shirt fits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Tapout are great until someone recognises the brand and either trys to start a fight with you or piss you off about UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

unknown13 wrote: »
    Tapout are great until someone recognises the brand and either trys to start a fight with you or piss you off about UFC

Agreed, it attracts unwanted attention. I can see how people like them though, they have some badass designs, just not my cup of tea because im not a bad ass!

DB888 wrote: »
    @Mr Loverman
    What sort of brands do you wear?..Or do you not wear clothes as not to present an image of yourself to the world?....If someone wears a Tapout,Bad Boy or any other MMA brand t shirt you have no right to judge them as what they want to be perceived as..

Like everyone I present an image of myself to the world (not sure how I'd describe it, "slacker" maybe?) but I most definitely do not try to give the impression that I'm a hard man.

I am certain you think certain groups of people look silly depending on how they dress, e.g. goths, emos, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

You seem to be making peoples minds up for them..
    I would not say i think they look silly,different from everyday wear yes..Its up the them what they wear anyway..
    Im not going to try argue your opinion with you because it is your opinion.Yes some people who wear MMA branded clothing do wear it to try say ''I am a hard man''...But other people are just fans of the sport and also I dont think there is a argument that fighters cant wear it..
    People who wear football jerseys,gaa jerseys,etc..They show their support for their game without being judged so why not MMA fans??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I wonder does he think Gi's are funny looking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I wonder does he think Gi's are funny looking too.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Like everyone I present an image of myself to the world (not sure how I'd describe it, "slacker" maybe?) but I most definitely do not try to give the impression that I'm a hard man.

You have a pretty sad way of looking at people. Are you of the my Nikes are better than your Pumas brigade?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement