Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to increase savings to get mortgage?

• 14-08-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help. A am looking to get a morgage with EBS. They looked at my bank accounts and said if i had another €7000 in savings they would happily give me the loan. I was just wondering if there was "a quick" way to increase your savings - nothing dodgy. I was thinking of getting a credit union loan for €7k and lodging that into my bank account but would EBS find out??? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

dave98 wrote: »
    would EBS find out???

Yes, it'd be on your credit report.

Just save the money over the next 12 months and buy next year. You'll save yourself a fortune with falling house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

but i thought banks didnt have access to credit union accounts..,...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Leave it 12 months man. One big loan is enough to be paying off, let alone 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

i know ya but the house is really good value at the mo. no patience i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

but i thought banks didn't have access to credit union accounts..,...

You'd be surprised how many of them are now members of the Irish Credit Bureau (link) No bad thing IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Just wondering if anyone can help. A am looking to get a morgage with EBS. They looked at my bank accounts and said if i had another €7000 in savings they would happily give me the loan. I was just wondering if there was "a quick" way to increase your savings - nothing dodgy. I was thinking of getting a credit union loan for €7k and lodging that into my bank account but would EBS find out??? Any help would be appreciated

How much is the house and how much you have saved already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Good value compared to what?

Please don't say 2006/2007 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Good value compared to what?

Please don't say 2006/2007 prices.

but but but its my dream home /usualresponce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

By the sounds of it you don't seem to have enough for a deposit at least. The best idea is to save now and wait for house prices to fall maybe 2 or 3 years time. Then reassess you situation. It will make an unbelievable difference. I would expect average prices outside Dublin for a 3 bed semi d or detached to be in the 100-150K range.

Other places like Donegal and Longford where little hope for unemployment and poor services will be less maybe from 60K-80K

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Actually, it's not. It's sh|te value. It's only good value when you can afford it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement