Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Full HD 1920 x 1080 23" Monitor €186 Delivered

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Quick price update:

www.dell.ie Loser: € IRL site - €279
    www.dell.com Middle: $ USA site - $249
    www.dell.co.uk Winner: £ UK site - £211

Prices quoted are for Dell SP2309 HD (1920x1080)

Use a credit card if it lets you deliver to Ireland paying in sterling. Which it probably won't. The converted dollar price and converted sterling price are probably about equal, the winner thingy is for effect - but we continue to be ripped off like nobody's business in this country.

*posts Dell a medal for competitiveness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I bought this monitor a while back. Absolutely love it. At full resolution my PC struggles to play games but my 360 looks great on it. Very good viewing angles to considering its a TN panel.

What graphics card do you have? Would an Nvidia GTX 260 896mb manage games at full resolution?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eman66 wrote: »
    What graphics card do you have? Would an Nvidia GTX 260 896mb manage games at full resolution?
    The 260gtx will handle it like a dream. No need to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Oddly ibood have this exact monitor today for 184.90 delivered.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en

Don't order if you need it in a hurry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just ordered off Ibood there. Any evidence that they have improved their delivery times lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Zab wrote: »
    Oddly ibood have this exact monitor today for 184.90 delivered.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en

Don't order if you need it in a hurry ;)

God I'm tempted. Which of the connectable Dell speakers work with this? Are they anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

very tempting, i've been looking for a new monitor too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

There is some screen tearing in games with this monitor so you'll need t have vertical sync enabled, if the game has it.

Any tearing with Xbox 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Seems to be gone?

• Advertisement

Seems to be gone?

The Ibood offer? Still there for me.

The Dell offer is long gone.

aye the ibood, throws up an error dialog box when clicking order with no text in it.

I clicked on order and the next page prompts me to login or register then enter my delivery details etc.

I'm using Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

quarryman wrote: »
    I clicked on order and the next page prompts me to login or register then enter my delivery details etc.

I'm using Firefox.

same here, working fine for me.

Ordered ok in the end, had to use IE for some reason. Now to panic how I can pay for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Ordered ok in the end, had to use IE for some reason. Now to panic how I can pay for it :)

Have this monitor from Dell, you will not be disappointed :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Has anyone got theirs yet?

According to UPS mine is in Brussels, expected delivery date of Thursday.

Advertisement