Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical Geography

• 06-05-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Quick question,

All I have prepared so far is

Rivers
    and
    GLaciers,

I know these really well, but do i need to learn the Sea as well?
    How risky would it be to just do those two
    (I do geography as an extra subject myself)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

DO THE SEA- DEFINETLY extremely important, im of the opinion it cld come up this year! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

yeah i def wud do the sea but wat 25 mark questions have ye prepared for all i done is:
    - the effect of groyne/jetty construction on an area far from the construction
    is that enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

no.
    stuff like coastal mangagement (more generally), rising sea levels, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

do not go into higher level geography without learning coasts!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Mourinho's_love

do not go into higher level geography without learning coasts!!!!

But it has never ever happened that either rivers or glaciers didnt come up

• Advertisement

dont go in witout coasts!!!! there appantly a physical qt on the o.s map.....high pos that it coasts!!! n coasts almost a dead cert for the physical sec!!

dont go in witout coasts!!!! there appantly a physical qt on the o.s map.....high pos that it coasts!!! n coasts almost a dead cert for the physical sec!!

Ok is there anywhere where i can get notes on the coast, have the mentor red book , if you have it what pages should i study?
    I do it myself as an extra subject yet am a bit clueless

get the focus on geography revision book!!! der are past answers in that, that will cover u!!!

:D o n great to see chelsea gettin crowned today!!!!!! cum on the blues

get the focus on geography revision book!!! der are past answers in that, that will cover u!!!

Yeah sorry thats what I have what exactly should i study do i need to know all of it?
    and yes go on the blues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

3 landforms. i'd go with 1.bays and headlands, 2. wave cut platform, 3. spit.

the first two are features of erosion, last is a feature of deposition. Remember DEEPD.

D-description
    E-Example
    E-Explanation
    P-Processes
    D-Diagram

As regards the part 2... maybe something on coastal management or as we got in the mocks, rising sea levels (i.e isostatic and eustatic..sp? movement)

Theres always next year for us reds.. Delighted chelsea got knocked out by the pool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MalefarmerAnn

Quick question,

All I have prepared so far is

Rivers
    and
    GLaciers,

I know these really well, but do i need to learn the Sea as well?
    How risky would it be to just do those two
    (I do geography as an extra subject myself)

To be honest I would say you will be fine without the sea!,
    one of the other two always comes up and its not like they will be mean with their last ever paper from this course, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

everyone-- coasts is coming up. learn it. im 98.9% sure... just learn em. 3 features (of erosion and deposition) and human interference n that. i did a revision course a few months bk n our teacher was fairly certain. plus.. its the last yr of this course.. so they have to ask it. still learn rivers tho.. ud be mad not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

You can't be certain but It's brilliant to have for the O.S. You can use costal information in some of your O.S. map Answers as someone pointed out earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Freak Of Nature

You really should do the Sea too, its tipped heavily to come up this year

Advertisement