Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EDGE on O2 and Meteor

• 19-09-2012 9:33pm

Former regular poster here but out of the loop for many, many years now. ;)

I'm currently with Vodafone on PCAP 150 and my contract is due to expire in November. So I'm considering my options to keep the monthly spend down. I'll be keeping my phone for the time being so am looking at SIM only plans from Meteor and Tesco Mobile.

One of the things that bugs me on Vodafone is the extreme lack of EDGE coverage. At the moment it seems that the areas which have EDGE enabled are also those with 3G so it's kind of pointless most of the time. I often find myself stuck on GPRS while travelling and being unable to even do a Google search. So it would be nice to have some good EDGE coverage so I could at least do the basics.

I know that Meteor started rolling out EDGE in Dublin around 2005/2006 but I don't know about elsewhere. I also know that O2 rolled out EDGE to coincide with the release of the original iPhone. How extensive is the EDGE coverage on their networks? Is it on all cells?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

All Meteor cells are EDGE, O2 also as far as I'm aware

Advertisement