Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The slap he threw suggest he doesn't fear Vitali a lot.

The way he suddenly stepped back suggests he was frightened. He knew well that Vitali wouldn't be able to get near him with all those people around.
    I fear for Derek Chisora tonight. He better hope the referee in this one is more merciful than the ref in the Vitali- Briggs fight, because i don't see Vitali being keen to dispatch him early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Iv to do a run to the airport for 9.55. Anyone know of any radio stations that might give the odd update on this? Il watch it on the replay tomo anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What time is the fight at?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really think that anyone suggesting that this was a hype act or publicity stunt is way off the mark. It was simply a scumbag reacting the way a scumbag would. Chisora is not the full shilling. The guy is a complete loose canon. That was no stunt. As cowzerp mentioned, one needs to just look at Vit's reaction to know this. Chisora beats women for chrissake. I hope Vit pummels him.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

dlofnep wrote: »
    What time is the fight at?
    Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just listening to that waster, Haye, on boxnation. Criticising Klit. Some brass neck!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

walshb wrote: »
    Just listening to that waster, Haye, on boxnation. Criticising Klit. Some brass neck!

Well he could potentially face Vitali next, he would keep the trash talking going.

After he disrespected Wladimir so much, afterwards he clapped for him in the ring and shooked his hand solidly. He gave him much respect.

• Advertisement

After he disrespected Wladimir so much, afterwards he clapped for him in the ring and shooked his hand solidly. He gave him much respect.

It's easy to be humble in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Well he could potentially face Vitali next, he would keep the trash talking going.

...and then started moaning about his little toe.

Wladimir Klitschko is supposed to watch Chisora's hands being wrapped for Vitali, but he isn't being allowed into Chisora's dressing room.

Wladimir was allowed in, but appearently Wladimir insisted on his hands being re-wrapped.

There is a stand-off now, Chisora tooks off his wraps and said he won't fight. Warren saying he has been to Germany for 30 years and the man who is wrapping Chisora's hands has been doing that all that time. Warren then said there are no official in Vitali's dressing room to watch his being wrapped, despite there being 4/5 officials.

EDIT @ 2:15; there is still an argument going on. Appearently the hands man is not doing anything illegal, but different rules apply to different commissions. The co-commentator on BoxNation knows the man who wraps the hands says he is doing nothing wrong, his wrapping is just different to other people. Nothing like Margairto going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

I don't agree with the messing from the Klitschko's.

They have all the advantages already such as home crowd, size etc.

Why are they trying to always mess with the fighter's heads having the other brother in the dressing room when the hands are being wrapped. They are always looking to have unfair advantages.

The same when Vlad fought Haye and he made him wait in the ring for ages

runboyrun wrote: »

Why are they trying to always mess with the fighter's heads having the other brother in the dressing room when the hands are being wrapped. They are always looking to have unfair advantages.

David Haye is talking now, he is saying when he fought Wladimir Vitali did the exact same thing. He also said he was going to be back in 15 minutes but never did arrive in time, but Haye didn't wait for him anyway, and wrapped his hands legally in line with the commission.

Vitali said "I like your body but I hate you, I wish I was fighting you instead" among other words in Haye's dressing room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

anyone have a link to the fight guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

ya looking for link too...tried the one from previous page but it wudnt work..cheers

Also, it might be true what some fighters said in the Klitschko's are nice and gentle before the fight but aggressive on fight night. (in and out of the ring.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

what time does it start o9ver here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

runboyrun wrote: »

Probably what Chisora deserves?

By the way,It was Haye who deliberately delayed the entrances for 10-15 minutes ...

sxt wrote: »
    Probably what Chisora deserves?

By the way,It was Haye who deliberately delayed the entrances for 10-15 minutes ...

Haye didn't state specifically if it was Vitali saying he'd be back in 15 minutes to delayed the entrance, Haye has his hands taped anyway when Vitali was away anyway.

LOL, Emmanuel Steward is a fan of the way Chisora's "handwrapper" wraps Chisora's hands, the way the Klitschko's have the problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

caspa307 wrote: »
    what time does it start o9ver here

10 o'clock start but rekon a 10 - 15 min delay now. Bbc 5 live doin commentary on radio, handy to have along with RTL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yurt wrote: »

Thanks for that.

David Haye is as delusional as Audrey Harrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Now available free on SKY
    BoxNation@boxnationtvReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Sky is showing the fight free to air tonight on 456 - this doesn't include Virgin as the issue was specific to Sky
    BoxNation@boxnationtvReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Given the problems with subscription - the channel will now be shown free to air on Sky for this fight only.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Sky is showing the fight free to air tonight on 456 - this doesn't include Virgin as the issue was specific to Sky

Much better than watching on a stream ? If you were putting money what would you back i'm gonna stick 50 on Klitchko to win between 7-9

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ebbsy wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

David Haye is as delusional as Audrey Harrison.

And not much better. It always annoyed me how he escaped any criticism for their farce of a fight. Harrison got rightly hammered for it, but Haye was portrayed as this brave frustrated fighter when he did little more that Harrison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

In fairness, the likes of Haye and Chisora forfeited their right to be treated with respect.

Advertisement