Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Biggar furious with the touch judge after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭jacothelad

What is the point of TMOs? How can he have given this as a try?

2w735s0.jpg

j0v242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thats the worst TMO decision I've ever seen.

From first impressionI taught it was'nt a try and then on the replay I was certain even tho one of the BBC commentators was saying give the benefit of the doubt :confused:.

I dont understand why they dont use a zoom in function on the cameras when the option is available on cameras .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

robbie1977 wrote: »

From first impressionI taught it was'nt a try and then on the replay I was certain even tho one of the BBC commentators was saying give the benefit of the doubt :confused:.

I was standing on the terrace on the opposite side of the field and could see it was no try.
    Two try saving tackles from Wallace and Terblanche and Afoa's intervention at the end save our day.
    The game should've been killed off in the first half of the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

robbie1977 wrote: »

I dont understand why they dont use a zoom in function on the cameras when the option is available on cameras .

Poor decision but I can think of worse, Ulster away in Italy(think it was Aironi) last season when the ball was clearly grounded by D'arcy for the BP try and it wasnt given, also a non try by Wilkinson on his return from injury for England against Scotland a few years back that was given. Heres the Wilkinson one http://youtu.be/2yRM46g0Mp4

shuffol wrote: »
    Poor decision but I can think of worse, Ulster away in Italy(think it was Aironi) last season when the ball was clearly grounded by D'arcy for the BP try and it wasnt given, also a non try by Wilkinson on his return from injury for England against Scotland a few years back that was given. Heres the Wilkinson one http://youtu.be/2yRM46g0Mp4

The one away against Treviso was a shocker. D'Arcy couldn't have grounded the ball more cleanly. That cost us a bonus point that could have denied us a place in the play offs.

The Ospreys got a bonus point on the basis of a non try that could deny us or Cardiff etc a place in the play offs. It's different when a ref makes a mistake live. He doesn't have a half a dozen instant replays from different angles in his head. The ref was wrong to award a penalty try but it was a decision many would have made. The TMO should be 'reviewed' by whatever committee actually pats them on the back. It so clearly wasn't a try to even the fans near the goal line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

defies belief that was the try was given...as someone said, what is the point in TMO when they can't preform the most simple job of watching a slow motion replay and making the correct call.... amazing how often they get it wrong, and Ospreys have an extra league point that they shouldn't have...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Piennaar at 10 with Humphries on the bench again for Ulster.

Ulster Match Day Squad to face Edinburgh, Friday 2nd March 2012, Ravenhill (kick-off 7.05pm)
    (15-9): A D'Arcy; C Gilroy, I Whitten, P Wallace (capt), S Terblanche; R Pienaar, P Marshall;
    (1-8): P McAllister, A Kyriacou, J Afoa, L Stevenson, D Tuohy, P Wannenburg, W Faloon, R Diack;

Replacements (16-23): N Brady, C Black, A Macklin, N McComb, M McComish, I Humphreys, L Marshall, C Cochrane

With only two games after this before the HEC QF I can't see Humphries getting back in unless Pienaar has a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Whitten at 13 again! I suppose there is noone else though. He's just not good enough there.

I thought Marshall was very poor last week. Interesting to see him get another chance. Very interesting to see who will win out in the Marshall v. iHumph battle but I think it'll be Pienaar/Humphreys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Piennaar at 10 with Humphries on the bench again for Ulster.

Ulster Match Day Squad to face Edinburgh, Friday 2nd March 2012, Ravenhill (kick-off 7.05pm)
    (15-9): A D'Arcy; C Gilroy, I Whitten, P Wallace (capt), S Terblanche; R Pienaar, P Marshall;
    (1-8): P McAllister, A Kyriacou, J Afoa, L Stevenson, D Tuohy, P Wannenburg, W Faloon, R Diack;

Replacements (16-23): N Brady, C Black, A Macklin, N McComb, M McComish, I Humphreys, L Marshall, C Cochrane

With only two games after this before the HEC QF I can't see Humphries getting back in unless Pienaar has a shocker.

Marshall/Pienaar gives them a much, much better chance of beating Munster I think. When is Cave back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

Visser in already for Edinburgh.

Superb try from Piennar and Marshall for Ulster.
    Marshall looks the most exciting 9 in the country to me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

fantastic try

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

marshall off the base of that scrum was incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

leonard7 wrote: »
    marshall off the base of that scrum was incredible
    Unbelievable pace but also brilliant judgement on what to do with the ball, held his line until just the right second.

Ulster looking great and I think we'll be seeing Pienaar at 10 when the hc returns.

How well is Wallace playing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Some game this.

Marshall and Pienaar are some combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭overshoot

really struggling to keep track of this and the loi, got both on infront of me... great watching all round! just realised visser will be eligable for scotland in june, he will be some addition to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Good reffing, Nigel Owens. Safety of players first, game second.

• Advertisement

McComb in a bit of bother here. Strapping him into stretcher, securing head and neck it appears. He looked to have caught a stray head or elbow to the side of the head. Went down like a rock. Serious team of medics with him on field. Hopefully just a precautionary action.

GerM wrote: »
    McComb in a bit of bother here. Strapping him into stretcher, securing head and neck it appears. He looked to have caught a stray head or elbow to the side of the head. Went down like a rock. Serious team of medics with him on field. Hopefully just a precautionary action.
    McComish. Taken out off the ball - maybe accidental maybe not. McComb is on the bench.

jacothelad wrote: »
    McComish. Taken out off the ball - maybe accidental maybe not. McComb is on the bench.

Doh.

Think the knock to the head was accidental. The reason it happened appeared not to be. Edinburgh player looked to give an Ulster player a shove off the ball and one of them clocked McComish as they stumbled back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I watched it back in slow motion and it's still hard to see what happened. It looked like someone ran into him, it could have been Marshall who hit him with his head!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

penalty try, try bp

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

6th BP in 8 games? Very good team those Ulster lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

lologram wrote: »
    6th BP in 8 games? Very good team those Ulster lads

Once Pinaar is on pitch

Try Cochrane.

Adam Macklin on. Luke Marshall on.