Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's not a bug its a feature where by the alerts have to be cleared by entering the user code & accepting . Its a way of ensuring the user has seen the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

hi Altor and Kool kid
    just an update few days past and the Alarm has not gone off as tamper at all
    so fingers crossed that it was that sensor and is now fixed
    as always thanks for your expertise
    rgds
    stephen

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not a bother Stephen, any more hassles with it you know where we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

stedeb wrote: »
    hi Altor and Kool kid
    just an update few days past and the Alarm has not gone off as tamper at all
    so fingers crossed that it was that sensor and is now fixed
    as always thanks for your expertise
    rgds
    stephen

Thanks for getting back to us Stephen and also good to see the problem seems to be sorted.
    Any other problems, let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jinni

Jinni wrote: »
    Hi Guys (newbie poster here) found you when I googled "house alarm battery". My system is an Aritech cs350 is 18 years old and never had a battery change!

In the past few months, after it was unset each morning, it started to randomly go off after a couple of hours or so and would need to be unset again, which was ok when someone was there to unset again, but frustrating to arrive home and find it blaring.

Now after reading nearly all the posts on this thread last Monday and using the great advice given by KoolKid and Altor, I bought a new 12v 7.5ah battery in Radionics for €23.50 (Maplins quoted €63.99)! and installed very carefully using your instructions, but its still going off as before showing "cabinet tamper" why is this?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Could I please have a copy of Engineers Manuel, thanks.

Hi Guys,

Just quoting my original SOS for help a couple of weeks ago, to let you know that after several unsuccessful attempts at trying your suggestions, when I understood them (disconnect AUX tamper 18 & 19) I think its finally worked! Have had no random set off for 2 whole days now.

So a massive thanks to you again.

And guys, no more handbags! you are both helping out a lot of people and saving them dosh, each in your own way, so I'm going to say thanks again on their behalf.

p.s. Sorry, but how do I now set the correct time of day on the keypad.

• Advertisement

Jinni wrote: »

p.s. Sorry, but how do I now set the correct time of day on the keypad.

Thanks for the update.
    To change the time:
    Enter your user code & scroll down to E Log Time & Date
    Press accept.
    Goto Time Date press accept
    Change time & accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Having never used our CS350 since we moved in 8 years ago, it decided to go off at 2 am this morning, knew the previous occupants had given us manuals so rooted them out expected to see the code written somewhere. To no avail. was tired so ripped the bell box off the wall (downstairs hallway), and snipped the wires attached to the small speaker, which stopped the alarm sounding.

The alarm box on the front of the house, still has a blue light flashing and the control panel LED's (power, trouble ,alarm) are all on. So came online to see if there was a factory default reset code, someone here mentioned 1278, entered it. it says:

CODE ACCEPTED
    CANNOT DISARM

This morning upon opening the front door, a small alarm in the control panel sounds, but the code seems to turn it off.

Is there any way of turning everything off on it, because technically the alarm is still going off and the blue light is really noticeable at night. Don't really want to call anyone out.

Thanks,

Having never used our CS350 since we moved in 8 years ago, it decided to go off at 2 am this morning, knew the previous occupants had given us manuals so rooted them out expected to see the code written somewhere. To no avail. was tired so ripped the bell box off the wall (downstairs hallway), and snipped the wires attached to the small speaker, which stopped the alarm sounding.

The alarm box on the front of the house, still has a blue light flashing and the control panel LED's (power, trouble ,alarm) are all on. So came online to see if there was a factory default reset code, someone here mentioned 1278, entered it. it says:

CODE ACCEPTED
    CANNOT DISARM

This morning upon opening the front door, a small alarm in the control panel sounds, but the code seems to turn it off.

Is there any way of turning everything off on it, because technically the alarm is still going off and the blue light is really noticeable at night. Don't really want to call anyone out.

Thanks,

1278 is the default engineer code.
    1122 is the default user code.
    You will need the user code to turn off the system as it is in an alarm condition. That is why the strobe is flashing outside.

To down power the system completely, turn off the mains. Open the control panel. There is a fuse for where the mains is which needs to be taken out. It is where the live goes into the control panel. Pull this out plus disconnect the battery. I would never tell anyone to down power the system but in your case as you have said you have cut cables you may have more problems setting the system back up without a call out from an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Thanks, I had already taken the battery out before I read your post and it is off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks, I had already taken the battery out before I read your post and it is off now.

Note that the battery in the external bell box if there, is now not charging- if left discharged for a long time it may require a new one when you get the system going again.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SandraW

Does anybody know where I can get User and installation manual for a Aritech CS 450 Had them somewhere now lost :( as I need to change alarm code

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Hi , we do not allow engineer manuals to be posted publically,
    I have PMed you the manual you require.
    For manuals requests, there is a sticky here

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SandraW

Thank Koolkid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,917 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi folks,

I'm not an alarm tech but not afraid of panel / sensors etc;

CS350 - friends place. Power outage in D15 last week for 1.5hrs. Was previously displaying LOW BATT. Told me day before power outage and I got it on the day of the cut. Panel appeared to default to factory settings. 1278 works to access the menu and I set up as I believed it should be.

Once finished, Zon6 6 OPEN was displayed, preventing arming. No reference to what zone 6 actually is on the inside of the panel. Went into sub menu and turned off Zone 6. Alarm appeared to set OK.

Left and got a call next day. Alarm setting on FULL but will not P/Guard. Also, once set, the alarm will activate as soon as the front door is opened so no access time although I'm sure I set entry/exit at 30secs.

Assuming that the 2nd issue is entry time, i'll sort that. Any ideas on the Zone 6 issue. I'm guessing that by disabling that, I have in effect turned off P/Guard ? Or am I miles off ?

Perhaps I could get a copy of the Manual for future ref if needed ?

Did you identify and programme up all the zones?
    It's possible the front door is not on zone 1, so another zone will need to be programmed as entry exit.
    Also if there is a PiR that zone will need to be set up for part guard, if it's in the hall it will also need the access attribute assigned.
    What is displaying when you try to part set it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,917 ✭✭✭dodzy

KoolKid wrote: »
    Did you identify and programme up all the zones?
    It's possible the front door is not on zone 1, so another zone will need to be programmed as entry exit.
    Also if there is a PiR that zone will need to be set up for part guard, if it's in the hall it will also need the access attribute assigned.
    What is displaying when you try to part set it.?

Thanks for the response KK. In answer to your first question, no. Any advice on going about this? Bearing in mind that there is no zone identifiers inside the keypad door.

Yes, PIR in hall as you expected. Assigning the access attribute - I assume that there is a selection for this under the zone menu in configuration?

If an installation manual existed, it'd pretty handy right about now :o

Thans again for your help.

The easiest way to identify zones is to go to maintenance >show open zones. Then open each window /door and see what displays.
    That's correct you set Access under zone attributes.
    I will PM the manual to you.

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm not an alarm tech but not afraid of panel / sensors etc;

CS350 - friends place. Power outage in D15 last week for 1.5hrs. Was previously displaying LOW BATT. Told me day before power outage and I got it on the day of the cut. Panel appeared to default to factory settings. 1278 works to access the menu and I set up as I believed it should be.

Once finished, Zon6 6 OPEN was displayed, preventing arming. No reference to what zone 6 actually is on the inside of the panel. Went into sub menu and turned off Zone 6. Alarm appeared to set OK.

Left and got a call next day. Alarm setting on FULL but will not P/Guard. Also, once set, the alarm will activate as soon as the front door is opened so no access time although I'm sure I set entry/exit at 30secs.

Assuming that the 2nd issue is entry time, i'll sort that. Any ideas on the Zone 6 issue. I'm guessing that by disabling that, I have in effect turned off P/Guard ? Or am I miles off ?

Perhaps I could get a copy of the Manual for future ref if needed ?

If you open the control panel you will see if zone 6 is in use or not.
    Just in case it is an alarm or panic zone :)
    Gross and pulse need to be set up for shock zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭maebee

Thanks for the update.
    To change the time:
    Enter your user code & scroll down to E Log Time & Date
    Press accept.
    Goto Time Date press accept
    Change time & accept.

Hi, the date on my Aritech alarm has been out by a day for the past few years and I've tried numerous times to fix it but can't. When I enter my user code I just get "Leave now". I can't scroll down anywhere. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance. Pic attached.

• Advertisement

Your code is not set up with the permissions to do this.
    You will need the engineer code to change the user attributes.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that I will have to contact the company who installed the alarm? They have long since gone out of business.

You can try default the system yourself and reprogram it.
    It may also be engineer locked, in which case this would not work. However any installer would be able to reset this panel for you.
    If you want to try default the panel proceed as follows:
    Turn off the mains power.
    Open the panel and disconnect the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1
    Reconnect the battery.
    Goto the keypad, if the display shows select language press arrow up 1 & press 01122 to disarm & then 01278 to enter engineer mode.
    Now replace the link, close the panel and reapply the mains power.
    If that doesn't work the panel is engineer locked and will require an engineer to call to reset the panel.

You can try default the system yourself and reprogram it.
    It may also be engineer locked, in which case this would not work. However any installer would be able to reset this panel for you.
    If you want to try default the panel proceed as follows:
    Turn off the mains power.
    Open the panel and disconnect the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1
    Reconnect the battery.
    Goto the keypad, if the display shows select language press arrow up 1 & press 01122 to disarm & then 01278 to enter engineer mode.
    Now replace the link, close the panel and reapply the mains power.
    If that doesn't work the panel is engineer locked and will require an engineer to call to reset the panel.

Thanks for this KK. I got as far as opening the panel and disconnecting the battery. Cannot see anything marked LK1. Have I got the right panel? Pic attached.

Could be a CD72 or a CS450
    Is there a diagram inside the lid?
    Can you post what's on the white sticker on the main processor chip.

These are the only numbers on it:

CD3403 -V5.94

and

030896-W33

Hope that helps.

Its a CD34 . The link is marked JP1 and its to the left or the main processor.
    Im PMing you the manual , that will help as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sd99

Hi there,

I wonder, if anyone can help with the following problem. We have an Aritec CS350 alarm which has been giving trouble since a recent thunderstorm when several alarms in the area went off during the night.

We switched the alarm of on the night and when we tried reset it kept saying fuse. The fuse problem was solved and then it said 'mains fault'. Battery was checked and is not the problem. Following some info + tests suggested on this forum, we concluded the problem is the transformer and managed to source a new transformer. Having now installed this, there is a new problem, i.e. no power seems to go to the keypad panel, which is effectively dead and shows no display.

Can anyone help ???? Any ideas welcome...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FRANK A

HI
    NEED HELP , HAVE CS 350 , CAME BACK FROM HOLIDAYS RECENTLY , FOUND ALARM/ LIGHTS, TRIP SWITCH GONE AND ALARM WOULD NOT WORK ,,, WHEN I PUT IN CODE MESSAGE APPERS... CONTACT ALARM CO. 91... TODAY CHANGED THE BATTERY, POWERED UP AND PUT IN CODE, ANOTHER MESSAGE APPERS , CONTACT ALARM CO. 43... I HAVE CHECKED ALL SENCERS VISUALY AND TAMPERS ALL SEEM TO WORK .... ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS PLEASE.....

• Advertisement

It needs an engineer reset.
    Close up the panel so you done need to open it or any tampers again.
    Enter your user code
    Goto Arm menu & press the correct key.
    Press arrow down untill you come to clear reset & press the correct key
    43 should display on the left hand side of the screen....

When it does key in the 4 digit code I'm PMing to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement