Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost and Found Animals Dublin 15

Options
  • 17-05-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

I regularly see animals lost and/or found in the area on different sites so rather than start a new thread each time I'll add to this one and update as information comes in.Hope that's ok Mods ;)

FOUND Blanchardstown May 17th: Posted today by Dogs in Distress male Westie recently clipped. Contact myself or DiD if you know anything about him.

1238b5h.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Great idea for a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

REUNITED Found Clonsilla May 17th: via Lors Lost Dogs male GSD x Collie Contact myself or Lors page if you have any info.

2qwde06.jpg

Another pic posted by Littlehill Animal Rescue-same dog.

httdaf.jpg

Found Blanchardstown: (reposted May 18th) via Lors Lost Dogs Found May 7th but no owners have showed up. Realistically needs rehoming now. Cocker male. Contact myself or Lors Lost Dogs for info.

15ei7o9.jpg

Lost Grey and white cat in the Mulhuddart Area, if anybody see's or hears anything send me a PM

Found Clonsilla May 21st: Male Cavalier King Charles. No microchip. Wearing collar. If you recognise him or know his owner please contact hillcrest vets on 01 8213189. Proof of ownership required.

ab2e1c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My dog Eddie got out this morning at 7.30am and ran off. He's a small reddish brown terrier cross, about a foot tall, longish legs. He has a short docked tail, and is very grey around the nose and face. He's wearing a blue bandana collar and has a tag with my phone number on it. He ran off from Coolmine park, possibly in the direction of Glenville/Delwood, but I'm not sure. If anyone sees him, can they let me know? Either here, or give me a ring if you grab him :) He's 14 years old, he just wants a warm sofa or a lap to sit on.

Edit: found safe & sound in Blanch village!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

maybe this is not the best place to post this since i have lost or found a animal. im happy to delete the post if someone prefers pm.

if one finds an lost animal or one in distress and does not have the means to take it home or care for them who should one contact?

root69 wrote: »
    if one finds an lost animal or one in distress and does not have the means to take it home or care for them who should one contact?

We have some tips and links over in the Animal and Pet forum. Recently updated too. All vets in D15 should take in a stray for you too.

What to do if Lost or Found an animal

Found June 17th: Kitten found in Castleknock yesterday. Via Lost and Found Cats Ireland

2ccqhhk.jpg

Foster homes needed D15 June 19th Not strictly Lost and Found, but D15 related. From A Dog's Lifes page.
    wrote:
    Do you live in Blanchardstown, Clonee, Dunboyne, Mulhuddart or any areas nearby??? Have you always wanted to foster but thought you couldn't because you work full time??? We are crying out for fosterers at the moment, especially for bigger dogs and we have had a great offer from AniEd in Blanchardstown whereby our foster dogs can go there a few days a week for day training while the fosterer is at work. We can provide food, kongs, crates etc and anything else a foster dog might need. Can you help by opening your home and your heart to a rescue dog while they prepare for their forever home?

• Advertisement

Lost Clonsilla:Female Jack Russell Missing from Clonsilla Area, Dublin 15 since Friday 27th June.This little pet dearly missed. via Lors Lost Dogs

2mnir7c.jpg

Found Ongar July 7th: MALE Ongar Area of Dublin 15,
    Children in the area said he'd been hanging around all day and he hadn't been fed,or no sign of owner, PROOF OF OWNERSHIP A MUST! Via Lors Lost Dogs

xn9lrs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Someone on Twitter just reported this little fella (parakeet?) flew into their house in D15.

BscJ_E-IUAAw377.jpg

Lost Waterville: Lola is missing from Waterville in Blanch since Wed July 9th. She's very distinctive looking. Contact the owner via the info here

2vijdi1.jpg

Foster/carer needed: July 14th This lad is hanging around Tyrellstown and being fed at the moment.He's semi friendly and doesn't appear to be owned. He will be scanned, vet checked and neutered (once we have a foster/carer) but the person who's feeding him is moving from the area so after next week he's on his own.

He needs someone who is a) willing to transition him to somewhere in the area or b)same but another part of the country. No financial costs involved, he just needs someone willing to take him on. Contact myself by PM.

fm71ty.jpg

Found: July 16th Male cairn terrier found in charnwood yesterday evening. Please contact hillcrest veterinary hospital on 01 8213189 if you know the owner.

23s6tms.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Hi guys,

Quick question - does anyone have a cat who had kittens in the last few months?

I found a tabby wandering in the garden quite young , doesn't have his full meow and lovely big eyes ... He's moderately friendly but very easily scared...

I would love to adopt him ( if I can get the parents to agree - they'll be the only ones left with him soon) and I'd have to introduce him to the puppy but that can be done if I knew he was going to stay with us...

Just wondering is he homeless or does he have a loving family? I'll try get a pic tomorrow but he is a tiger tabby all stripes no visible white patches...

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

dudara wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter just reported this little fella (parakeet?) flew into their house in D15.

BscJ_E-IUAAw377.jpg

That was my dads, he got her back, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

This is a great bloody thread. Fair play to Anniehoo for the constant involvement :)

Stinjy wrote: »
    I found a tabby wandering in the garden quite young , doesn't have his full meow and lovely big eyes ... He's moderately friendly but very easily scared...
    Pop into any of the local vets and they'll scan him for a microchip. It takes 2 minutes to do and is free of charge. ;) Also, advertise (also free) on the links in post #9 If no owner comes forward you can take him on then yourself. Also if it's female and not neutered I'd be getting her vet checked and spayed asap as they can start having kittens from 5+ months of age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There have been two dogs wandering around Castlecurragh Heath and the adjoining park for the past few weeks. I hadn't seen them in about a week but they were back today. They're always together. One's a Golden Lab and the other's a black, short haired mongrel of some sort. Neither have collars but and the lab is quite nervous but will eventually let you rub her and she gives the paw and rolls over for rubs but the black fella runs off if you try to get close. They gobble down grub left out but they do seem well fed so maybe others are feeding them as well but if anyone's missing these two, this is where they are.

11al6x5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

My lovely cat Darwin has been missing since Friday morning from Tyrrelstown area. He is mostly black on top, and white underneath - with mixed colour paws. 18 months old. Male & Neutered.

Snowdancer ^^ emailed me pics of her cat Darwin as she's can't post images I don't think until she's reached 50 posts.

334szyv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

SnowDancer wrote: »
    My lovely cat Darwin has been missing since Friday morning from Tyrrelstown area. He is mostly black on top, and white underneath - with mixed colour paws. 18 months old. Male & Neutered.
    anniehoo wrote: »
    Snowdancer ^^ emailed me pics of her cat Darwin as she's can't post images I don't think until she's reached 50 posts.

334szyv.jpg

Please contact me regarding Darwin. Ive pm'd you both my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that due to VeVex - my cat has been found and we've have been reunited. To say I am thrilled is an understatement. VeVex found my cat after he had been knocked down and brought him to a vet in Dunboyne. He then found my message here and contacted me to let me know. Words cannot describe how grateful I am. If not for him, my kitty would likely have died on the side of the road in pain. What an incredible thing to do. I'm happier living in this world when I know there are people like you in it. Kudos on this thread existing as well. I wanted to let you know it worked!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Male, no chip, not neutered jack Russell found in westend retail park today. Pet stop handed it to anicare in the village and they will take it to the pound tomorrow. Pic on pet stop Facebook page. Will link when I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

SnowDancer wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that due to VeVex - my cat has been found and we've have been reunited. To say I am thrilled is an understatement. VeVex found my cat after he had been knocked down and brought him to a vet in Dunboyne. He then found my message here and contacted me to let me know. Words cannot describe how grateful I am. If not for him, my kitty would likely have died on the side of the road in pain. What an incredible thing to do. I'm happier living in this world when I know there are people like you in it. Kudos on this thread existing as well. I wanted to let you know it worked!!!

That's a really nice message, thanks a lot. It was my pleasure to help Darwin and it was fantastic to speak to you yesterday.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. He's a lovely cat and he's very lucky to have such a caring owner.

Found Aug 9th: Portersfield Clonsilla;approx 4 mths old; contact the new JustCats vet clinic

of8tbo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

Went missing on the 7th of August in Shanganagh Vale, Cabinteely, Dublin 18. She is a 4 year old female. Very nervous. No collar although chipped.

Please contact Sam on 0868098528 for sightings please

med_1407609678.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

energy69 wrote: »
    Went missing on the 7th of August in Shanganagh Vale, Cabinteely, Dublin 18. She is a 4 year old female. Very nervous. No collar although chipped.

Please contact Sam on 0868098528 for sightings please

Bit far from Dublin 15?

Advertisement