Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ah ES, would you not include her?? I know you've deadlines but she said she sent it (I'm sure she can send a print screen of the sent message)!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Pembily wrote: »
    Ah ES, would you not include her?? I know you've deadlines but she said she sent it (I'm sure she can send a print screen of the sent message)!?

Wish there was activity pp earned for studying....omg it is mentally exhausting...

wish i was 3 again...so i could throw a tantrum and cry over being so tired....my eyes are burning!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH! At least not a gram of chocolate has passed my lips...not even a skinny cow

I may not have any chocolate...but dear god i'm going to enjoy this malibu and diet coke i just poured my self!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Wish there was activity pp earned for studying....omg it is mentally exhausting...

wish i was 3 again...so i could throw a tantrum and cry over being so tired....my eyes are burning!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH! At least not a gram of chocolate has passed my lips...not even a skinny cow

I may not have any chocolate...but dear god i'm going to enjoy this malibu and diet coke i just poured my self!

You totally deserve it! Congrats on not having any chocolate, maybe have a cry, it helps :D I never liked it with coke but I LOVE LOVE it straight or with pineapple juice :D If I lost weight from study I'd have been a rake this time last year :o

I may have eaten a bit too much, but I'm not going to beat myself up, i'll take the slow approach :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Have been so good all day but can feel my willpower dwindling by the minute :( Made the nicest dinner today, pork steak wrapped in parma ham, potato bake (no cheese tho), salad with corguettes. Had a piece of my mam's lemon meringue pie. Then went to the in law's and resisted the nicest choc cake ever - seriously it looked devine! I had no Easter Eggs, but have come back from the in laws with THREE to add to the OH's two so now FIVE in the house and I really want chocolate now :( Have 43 weeklies left, but don't want to open an egg coz I know it will be unleashing the inner demon in me :o Will try and wait a bit longer.

Defo going for a big long walk tomorrow, took today off, but will be back on the exercise tomorrow!

folks....i think if it needs to be done.....throw out the easter eggs...go nuts and have 1 or 2....but dont undo all your hard work...ye are all doing so great...if the temptation is too much...get rid of the temptation.

unless its baileys, lir or galaxy or white chocolate....then they MUST be devoired and enjoyed :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

folks....i think if it needs to be done.....throw out the easter eggs...go nuts and have 1 or 2....but dont undo all your hard work...ye are all doing so great...if the temptation is too much...get rid of the temptation.

unless its baileys, lir or galaxy or white chocolate....then they MUST be devoired and enjoyed :P

What about Lindt? For the first year ever, my work gave every employee a Lindor Easter Egg - of all the years, they had to pick the one where I'm trying to lose weight :( I just told the OH that he needs to get rid of the eggs out of the house asap :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    What about Lindt? For the first year ever, my work gave every employee a Lindor Easter Egg - of all the years, they had to pick the one where I'm trying to lose weight :( I just told the OH that he needs to get rid of the eggs out of the house asap :)

hehe lindor too :P that kinda chocolate just cant be passed up....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I just can't get back onto the wagon ha ha

Having a few drinks with the OH and have gone through a few (albeit 2PP low fat) packs of crisps and its only 9pm!!!

Going to probably go over my PP by 10PP today... again... Oh well, it's the first really bold weekend I have had since November, back on the wagon tomorrow when I can go and get some decent food in the house (shops were closed today grrrr) and going to go for a long walk tomorrow. Don't think I can claw back a STS at this stage, but tomorrow is a new day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had such a fab dinner and and my Easter egg...so full! I have about 20 weeklies left too so going to have myself a small mojito...that I have no idea how to point, no-one seems to know :D

Up early tomorrow for a walk and get at the books, looking forward to a productive day after a lazy weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Happy Easter everyone. I'm on a night away with the OH tonight thanks to a boards deal!, we came down earlier today. I'm delighted to say I've eaten no eggs but did have a delicious Italian meal out but I actually didn't eat anything all day before that, so not too bad I think. Have had a couple of drinks and might have more in while, but I haven't had a nice treat in a long time so I do deserve it and won't beat myself up over it!

Well done to those who managed to refrain from the eggs and those who didn't, hope ya enjoyed them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Week 1 Results Lost/Gain Total % Lost / Gained

1st Bulmersgirl -5.5 -3.63

Yay. It is only my second week and I've been so bold this week start out great every day but half way through I go bad. Going to do loads of exercise and just try be good and hopefully sts or drop a pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Week 1 Results Lost/Gain Total % Lost / Gained

1st Bulmersgirl -5.5 -3.63
    2nd Layla0509 -7 -3.16
    3rd Eircom_Sucks -6 -2.12
    4th Aspie_Mum -4 -1.95
    5th Jackmax -3 -1.82
    6th Amre17 -2.5 -1.67
    7th Golf_TDI_150 -3.5 -1.6
    8th Irishfm -2.5 -1.51
    9th Bubbaloo -2.5 -1.31
    10th Saexpat -2 -1.19
    11th Rachelryan29 -1.5 -1.15
    12th Misslt -1.5 -0.75
    13th ibarelycare -1.5 -0.69
    14th Onnie -1 -0.67
    15th Kty -0.5 -0.32
    16th millieboo 0 0
    17th tatoo86 0.5 0.25
    18th fofany86 1.5 0.93

Now remember it isn't a race , i hope it gives people the drive , those who never pm me their weight results are now excluded sadly , thanks to all and well done , and remember this weeks results before sat , to drive you up the table

nothing to be ashamed of people , even the people who gained as we all have bad weeks , im having a horrible weekend with points , eggs etc :(

Happy with that!!

Although I think I might have had a false loss last week, the morning i weighed was the morning I had my dizzy/weak spell(followed by an upset stomac ...) I have a sneaky feeling that next week will make up and but me back a lbs or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hope everyone had a nice day today! Easter Sunday has been non-existent for me what with study it feels like a normal day. I banned easter eggs from the house this year (brothers were not happy). I did however get myself a little lindt chocolate egg, the one with the red wrapping. They're only 5 propoints :) Only went over my dailies by 2 points!! Having our proper family easter dinner tomorrow, lamb and all the trimmings. Just gonna have zero point soup and save my points for that. Portion control will be my problem.

Feeling very positive atm. Took a sneak look at the scales today and was down by about 2 lbs (have non-digital scales). But it is definitely down so I feel like I'm finally back on track. And that's all with no exercise so really hope that when I get back exercising this week that it will give me a further boost!!!

woo just bought my smart phone...it was at a price i couldnt pass up! :D that beats any easter egg!

its €179 on o2.....getting it for €100 on ebay brand new :D SWEEEEET! something nice to look forward to...cos next few weeks are going to feel like the longest month of my life!

I Better fecking win something on the grand national tomorrow LMAO

woo just bought my smart phone...it was at a price i couldnt pass up! :D that beats any easter egg!

its €179 on o2.....getting it for €100 on ebay brand new :D SWEEEEET! something nice to look forward to...cos next few weeks are going to feel like the longest month of my life!

I Better fecking win something on the grand national tomorrow LMAO

What ya get?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    What ya get?

Sony Xperia™ X10 mini pro

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperiax10minipro?cc=gb&lc=en

So i want all the good exercise and ww android apps :D

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperiax10minipro?cc=gb&lc=en

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Thats a lovely phone Lainy :)

woohoo managed not to eat a scrap of chocolate yesterday :D did have my tayto sandwich for lunch though. it was amazing he he :D and im so proud of myself for keeping off the crisps for Lent. I don't think I ever managed to stay off something before for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

That looks great - thinking of getting a new phone myself - which are the best apps for ww and exercise - know they have been mentioned in older posts but would be grateful if someone has the knowledge and patience to post them again.

now i gotta earn that phone. I have three weeks to lose 4.5lbs and that'll be 3stone! my mum keeps telling me im gettin taller LOL.

slept terrible last night...ended up getting up at 7am so i've already slotted in about 2hrs of study :P

I'm totally broke...so cant afford that phone like haha! but feck it i'll just keep telling my self it'll help me lose weight :P the ww app, and i think you can get a pedometer app and a few other handy exercise goodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Woohoo lainy, love getting new phones :D

Okay as my meeting is meant to be tonight I'm going to go tomorrow morning instead.

It might show a false loss but I can cancel it out next week.

I should be okay doing that shouldn't I?

misslt wrote: »
    Woohoo lainy, love getting new phones :D

Okay as my meeting is meant to be tonight I'm going to go tomorrow morning instead.

It might show a false loss but I can cancel it out next week.

I should be okay doing that shouldn't I?

it wouldn't be false loss...its a real loss. but i say maybe have breakfast really early before few hrs before your meeting if possible...so at least your body will be in similar condition to what it would usually be at an evening meeting...
    where you prob would have eaten during the day. just to balance it out.

New phone is a non food reward....before ww if i had a tough day, i used to have the mentality of ooooh i deserve a nice treat now...i'll have nice big chicken curry dinner and have pringles and chococlate later to relax....

but now my rewards are.....oooooh i think i'll treat my self to a few songs on itunes....or a new pair of ear phones....

but this 3 stone mark is a big celebration...i been fighting with my body trying to get 3 stone for so long...i had hit 2 and half stone last summer before the platue and the college gain of a stone :O

LL non food rewards are way better! And as you're not buying clothes you NEED some reward... I'm rooting for you and know you can hit that 3 stone :D Think of the money you save from eating better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 len81

Hi guys,

can anyone help me set up a decent playlist to use while im walking. im always plugged into my ipod but no good at creating playlists as I always just add the songs im listening to at the moment. i love all music! im walking the mini marathon in june so want to get out a playlist together for my training.

I am really demotivated in WW. have been the same weight for a month now (either stayed the same or put on a pound and then lost it again). im 2.5lbs away from my goal but im getting really disheartened. i havent even pointed this wk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dub12345

I bought 101 Running Songs Lap 2, there's a Lap 1 version too
    Think it was about 20 euro and there are 5 CDs in it.
    It has great songs and the versions have a fast beat which makes them perfect for running/walking.

Really motivating music!

len81 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

can anyone help me set up a decent playlist to use while im walking. im always plugged into my ipod but no good at creating playlists as I always just add the songs im listening to at the moment. i love all music! im walking the mini marathon in june so want to get out a playlist together for my training.

I am really demotivated in WW. have been the same weight for a month now (either stayed the same or put on a pound and then lost it again). im 2.5lbs away from my goal but im getting really disheartened. i havent even pointed this wk :(

what kinda music do you like? where are you walking? is it safe to be listening to music...where i live its too dangerous to have ear phones in cos you cant hear the traffic, so i use the treadmill that way i can zone out to my "happy place" ...which is a night club dancing and drinking with friends :P

Lady Gaga - Born this way
    Rihianna - S&M
    Usher - DJ got us falling in love tonight
    Adele - Rolling in Deep
    Katy Perry (feat Kanye west) - ET
    Price Tag - Jessie J
    Pitbull - I know you want me
    Bruno Mars (feat B.OB) - The other side (from his new album)
    Kesha (feat Flo Rider) - Right Round
    Maroon 5 - Give me a litte more (from there new album)
    Sash (feat Stunt) - Raindrops
    Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me
    The Veronicas - Untouched
    Pink - Raise Your Glass

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ugh. I fell off the wagon with a major bang this weekend. I'm not even going to bother listing what I ate (stopped tracking on Friday night) but needless to say, I'm WELL over my weeklies, by dozens if not more. I got that "well I've been this bad so I might as well keep going" attitude. Disgusted at myself :(

I also have my sister's wedding on Friday so it's going to be a looong weekend of celebrations. I don't think I'm going to bother with my WI tomorrow cos I'll possibly be up again next week. I'm just going to work my ass off until the wedding and even then, try to make good decisions over the weekend to try and undo some of the badness of this weekend.

Hey all, just a quick question. Due to a bit of crap going on I ate nothing on Saturday, absolutely nothing,and I know its not good but it could not be helped. Anyway I went to a hotel with the OH yesterday and while I stayed relatively good I did indulge slightly, had a nice meal etc. My question is would anyone ever be tempted to put the points from a previous day to another, I know your not meant to and it should come out of my weekly's but its so tempting right now!

Ugh. I fell off the wagon with a major bang this weekend. I'm not even going to bother listing what I ate (stopped tracking on Friday night) but needless to say, I'm WELL over my weeklies, by dozens if not more. I got that "well I've been this bad so I might as well keep going" attitude. Disgusted at myself :(

I also have my sister's wedding on Friday so it's going to be a looong weekend of celebrations. I don't think I'm going to bother with my WI tomorrow cos I'll possibly be up again next week. I'm just going to work my ass off until the wedding and even then, try to make good decisions over the weekend to try and undo some of the badness of this weekend.
    Hey don't beat yourself up over it, after all we do need to live too,and remember its probably nothing compared to what you would have eaten before joining ww.
    However I would go to your meeting, you might be pleasantly surprised, and it will keep you on track until next weekend. Try to drink lots of water and plenty of fruit between now and your wi if you do go, and do a bit of exercise. All is not lost ;)

• Advertisement

LOL listening to my playlist at the mo, as was posting it....LOL its making me actually wanna get up and use the treadmill :P

certain songs just make you want to MOVE!

Dont Be A Drag Just Be A Queen!

I've seen them in the UK...be freaking unreal if they had them here.....exercise classes in night clubs...boxing bags, aerobics, kick boxing. that kinda stuff. music blasting...gets the blood pumping, disco lights go as tho it was just another night in the club

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement