Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

jackmax wrote: »
    Hi Im on the second wk of it. its hard work!! I have done 2 days of the second wk and am doing the third one tomorrow. its 90 seconds of jogging and 2 mins of walking. It is getting easier to manage the more I do it. I dread doing it but once its done i feel great :)

I didn't complete the program, only got to wk3 but I thought it was great the way it did feel a little bit easier each day. Fair play to anyone whose doing it tho. Keep us updated with ur progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

KayTee wrote: »
    Hey gals, just popping in to say hello! Everyone is doing so well, although weekends seem to be a stumbling block at times. Hey, you have to live too..!

I'm doing well, almost 12 weeks now. Trying to be good foodwise so that I don't pile on the weight too early :-) just a tip I came across on another board that I know the chocoholics will love - Tesco lighter choices chocolate mousse - only 2 ppts per pot & delish frozen and eaten like ice cream!! I can even eat them as there is no raw egg in them- happy days!! Oh and you get 6 pots for 95c..bargain..!
    Will keep reading this, you guys are inspiring me not to eat all round me (although I am having serious sugar cravings today!)

Hi :) congrats on reaching 12 wks :) Your really great for still doing WW. I was desperate on my pregnancies :o ate all around me but thats why Im doing this now!! My new little man is 14 wks now :)
    those Tesco mousses are gorgeous. great idea to freeze them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make baked apples?

My mom going making fruit cake tomorrow so the house is full of brambly cooking apples...my gran used to make them when we were kids in her Aga cooker,

Oh so YUMMY! and with apples being 0pp :)

oh i love stewed apples and custard and all u have to point is the custard (i use the low fat one) cause apples and canderal are free:D...

i got the ww sausages today found em in dunnes (never shop there and aldi is million times better and cheaper) as any one had em??

so looking forward to pancakes tuesday even bought a new frying pan today ha ha...

one thing im so looking forward to is going clothes shopping and i even have a voucher from xmas to use in evans but the day i dont have to buy in evans will be the best day ever:D (larger clothes are just such a rip off:mad:)... i still have along way to go but getting there:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

jackmax wrote: »
    Hi :) congrats on reaching 12 wks :) Your really great for still doing WW. I was desperate on my pregnancies :o ate all around me but thats why Im doing this now!! My new little man is 14 wks now :)
    those Tesco mousses are gorgeous. great idea to freeze them :D

Thanks Jackmax, and congrats on the newest arrival! I'm following the plan, but not being uber strict. Upping the calcium and iron intake. Going over 29 ppts most days, but keeping up my normal exercise, so hopefully won't do too much damage! Put on at least 3 stone with first pregnancy and 2.5 with second. Trying damage limitation this time round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

izzy24 wrote: »
    oh i love stewed apples and custard and all u have to point is the custard (i use the low fat one) cause apples and canderal are free:D...

i got the ww sausages today found em in dunnes (never shop there and aldi is million times better and cheaper) as any one had em??

so looking forward to pancakes tuesday even bought a new frying pan today ha ha...

one thing im so looking forward to is going clothes shopping and i even have a voucher from xmas to use in evans but the day i dont have to buy in evans will be the best day ever:D (larger clothes are just such a rip off:mad:)... i still have along way to go but getting there:)...

Oh god are they ever! What i do now is go to the shop....try it on...if i like it...i buy it online thru the Evans uk site. works out cheaper...and there are always sales online that might not be in the stores like 20% off :)

thank god for new look!

hmmm have 4pp left today...have all my weeklies as today is start of new week....have an incling for something sweet...might have some oatmeal with splenda...nice and sweet...and complex carb will be nice and filling and curb the sweet tooth...(i hope)

• Advertisement

Oh god are they ever! What i do now is go to the shop....try it on...if i like it...i buy it online thru the Evans uk site. works out cheaper...and there are always sales online that might not be in the stores like 20% off :)

thank god for new look!

hmmm have 4pp left today...have all my weeklies as today is start of new week....have an incling for something sweet...might have some oatmeal with splenda...nice and sweet...and complex carb will be nice and filling and curb the sweet tooth...(i hope)

yeah new look is much better value... im in kilkenny though so nearest one is carlow or tipp which dont have the best selection must make the trip to the one in jervis on dublin im always saying it since it opened...

would u believe there isnt one shop in the whole of kilkenny that sells lagre clothes is so ridiclus:mad:...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Lady Lainy

Sloppy Joes - 14pp

Serves 1

For the sloppy joe mix - 3pp
    100g quorn mince
    1 small onion
    1 small carrot
    1 mushroom
    pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp English mustard
    1 tbsp tomato purée
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 beef oxo
    Chilli flakes a pinch

Kingsmill everyday soft White roll - 4pp each
    Iceberg lettuce shredded
    Sliced tomato
    Low low cheese single x2 - 2pp
    Tesco extra light Mayo - 1pp

1. Preheat a non-stick frying pan until hot and add quorn mince, onion, pepper, mushroom, chopped tomato, grated carrot. Cook for a few mins over a medium heat, stirring frequently.

2. Add the tomato purée, garlic powder, oxo, English mustard and Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of chilli flakes (i like spicy) with 4 tbsp water.

3. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins (quorn doesn't take long at all), check the seasoning.

4. Arrange some shredded lettuce and sliced tomato on the base of the roll and top with the mince mixture with a squirt of light Mayo. Place the tops on and sandwich together serve immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi Lady Lainy, can i ask were you were getting all your receipes from? You mentioned from the WW UK website???

Not a good day today either, got up and didn't have breakfast, then had breakfast later and dinner early, messy day. So since i had dinner at 5 i've been nibbling all evening. but on a brighter note, i've planned all my meal for tomorrow and i just know that i can do this. thanks so much for asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Confession time! Bless me WW for I have sinned lol.
    Ok my OH brought home a Dominos pizza, I had 3 slices (sweetcorn and pineapple), could anyone hazard a guess on how many PP? Im thinking I'd be safe at 20??

• Advertisement

Hi Izzy, I'd kill for an Eddie Rockets! Your great, sometimes when i go out, i tend to forget about the pro points and try and make up for it later coz it's seems so difficult when your out to keep control of it. Not havin a great week and thinkin about skipping this weeks class on Tuesday so i can have a better weigh in the following week but really i suppose i'm kidding myself......I wonder why i torture myself!

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy

Sloppy Joes - 14pp

Serves 1

100g quorn mince
    1 small onion
    1 small carrot
    1 mushroom
    pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp English mustard
    1 tbsp tomato purée
    1 beef oxo
    Chilli flakes a pinch

Iceberg lettuce shredded
    Sliced tomato

1. Preheat a non-stick frying pan until hot and add quorn mince, onion, pepper, mushroom, chopped tomato, grated carrot. Cook for a few mins over a medium heat, stirring frequently.

2. Add the tomato purée, garlic powder, oxo, English mustard and Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of chilli flakes (i like spicy) with 4 tbsp water.

3. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins (quorn doesn't take long at all), check the seasoning.

4. Arrange some shredded lettuce and sliced tomato on the base of the roll and top with the mince mixture with a squirt of light Mayo. Place the tops on and sandwich together serve immediately

these sound really nice:D... how many points does it work for each sloopy joe?

Hi Lady Lainy, can i ask were you were getting all your receipes from? You mentioned from the WW UK website???

I'm doing ww online, cos the meetings dont suit my schedule, plus meetings are EXPENSIVE! I joined ww online on the english site for about 12 euro a month!

:) I "weigh in" at home using my own scales every saturday morning.

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy

Sloppy Joes - 14pp

Serves 1

100g quorn mince
    1 small onion
    1 small carrot
    1 mushroom
    pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp English mustard
    1 tbsp tomato purée
    1 beef oxo
    Chilli flakes a pinch

Iceberg lettuce shredded
    Sliced tomato

Oh Missus.....that sounds unreal! YUM!

And how do you find the online way of it?? It sounds like your disciplined - i'd like the online way but would be afraid becuase i wouldn't be going to a weigh in then i'd fail but it sounds like its really working for you.

Hi Izzy, I'd kill for an Eddie Rockets! Your great, sometimes when i go out, i tend to forget about the pro points and try and make up for it later coz it's seems so difficult when your out to keep control of it. Not havin a great week and thinkin about skipping this weeks class on Tuesday so i can have a better weigh in the following week but really i suppose i'm kidding myself......I wonder why i torture myself!

Do go to your meeting! as soon as you tell your self your not going to the meeting this week, you fall into a black hole of thinking...as sure i can eat this...i have nearly two weeks to work it off.....we've all tried that trick...it never works...

I'm doing ww online, cos the meetings dont suit my schedule, plus meetings are EXPENSIVE! I joined ww online on the english site for about 12 euro a month!

:) I "weigh in" at home using my own scales every saturday morning.

Just now when u mention scales it reminds me. The WW weighing scales are half price in sam McCauley chemist at the minute. Seen It in one of their circulars during the week

hey
    well i usually plan ahead decided ever week wat having for dinner everyday and will eat out once a week at least so a good few places have nutritional info on there website which eddies did so i planned wat i was having before i went but now next time i go i have all the work done and no what to go for:D... i also never leave the house without my eating out guide or calcuator cause u just never no what will happen plans can change so easily...
    i wouldn skip ur class it can really help u get motivated again for the next week:) our leaders saying is 'if you have had a bad week you need your class, if you have had a good week your class needs you:D!

we all have bad weeks but the most important thing is getting back into it... weight loss is such a hard battle but you can do it it just takes time:D...

KayTee wrote: »
    Thanks Jackmax, and congrats on the newest arrival! I'm following the plan, but not being uber strict. Upping the calcium and iron intake. Going over 29 ppts most days, but keeping up my normal exercise, so hopefully won't do too much damage! Put on at least 3 stone with first pregnancy and 2.5 with second. Trying damage limitation this time round :)

Glad to hear everything ia going well for you kaytee. I'm sure the exercise and healthy diet when stand to both u and baba in the long run.
    Ur a great example that WW is a lifestyle change and not just another faddy diet and that by just making a few adjustments you can follow the plan while pregnant.
    Hope everything goes well for u x

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

They work out at 7 each 14 for the 2

• Advertisement

And how do you find the online way of it?? It sounds like your disciplined - i'd like the online way but would be afraid becuase i wouldn't be going to a weigh in then i'd fail but it sounds like its really working for you.

propoints started last october for uk members (and online members)
    I found it REALLY hard doing propoints on my own when the rest of ireland was still on the old system. It was so tough that i gained back like 15lbs between September 10th and 31st of december last year. between college, mixed routine, no excercise, ect.

But since 1st of jan I've lost 16.2lbs :D Back to my pre-college weight...have ALOT to loose. 1st of january new year resolutions and all that I decided to put my head down and really give it ago, especially as the rest of ireland started pro points start of january....this thread has really helped...

I try to share any interesting recipes and articles i find on the uk site, and any questions i have about stuff, a few ppl have asked there leaders for me...
    sharing resources :)

I've started making little changes here and there....like some days i have really long breaks in college...so when the weather is good I might walk into the city and get a Large skinny Latte from Costa Coffee, that would be a bout 40min walk and the coffee would be 3pp....where as before i would be sitting on my arse for the 90 min break eating a sandwich and drinking coffee...

I try to make a little change....and then once that new change becomes 2nd nature and habit....i'll add a new little change somewhere else....i know i'd fall flat and crack up if i tried to enforce too many harsh changes on my self at once.

i've also started cooking properly more, Cottage Pies, Bran Muffins, The green curry from tonight,

Wow, 16.2lbs, that is fantastic, congrats!! Your determination is what i need, Sounds like you've certainly changed your whole attitude towards it all.

If i ever do reach my goal, I'd love to start student meetings which could be done at a discount, and held on campus at like 8.30 before class's or at lunch times. And they'd have like a healthy breakfast bar....students could weight in...have a healthy breakfast while at the meeting then off to class...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Got an unexpected bill of €500 today :mad: and promptly bought a poppy seed vienna roll bread thing in SQ and demolished half of it. :D In fairness I could have gone to pub and chinese after (both regular haunts pre WW) so not feeling too guilty.:rolleyes:

Better to be poorer and thinner so back on the saddle with me, first thing!

:o

Wow, 16.2lbs, that is fantastic, congrats!! Your determination is what i need, Sounds like you've certainly changed your whole attitude towards it all.

I'm in the process of changing my whole life...starting my life...figured now is as good a time to change the outside, while i'm getting the smarts!

Dying to get back horse riding, I'm studying animal care...it would just be wrong and humiliating if i was working with horses....but too fat to actually ride horses...no one would ever hire me or work with me....and well...stretch skin tight riding breeches just aint flattering! and my legs are too fat to get the fancy tall boots on.

And animal care is one of those industries...you wanna go anywhere and move up in the pecking order...you gotta speak up...be confident...no matter how many qualifications you have from what university...chances are you'll start off cleaning up animal poop....

And at 24....i've never been on a properly holiday without family, it aint a holiday if your bringing all the stress from home with ya! Everyone I know wants to go on hot sun holidays....i pretend to hate sun holidays cos I just look like mr blobby on the beech! I burn like crazy...and beach clothes are not my friend!

I'm 24 I want to live my life, I want to go places, I want to finally have some confidence...i dont want to be cocky...I just want to be brave enough...comfortably enough in my own skin to LIVE

and i know its wrong...but i want to have the confidence to go after the nice & cute guys :P and not settle for the ass holes, just cos i think no one else will have me...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

You go girl. Don't let years pass you by only living a quarter of your potential. Fix it NOW! Best wishes to you.

hubba wrote: »
    You go girl. Don't let years pass you by only living a quarter of your potential. Fix it NOW! Best wishes to you.

and well done you! So easy to just " **** it im getting a chinese" when disaster strikes! I used to use any excuse at all to binge...oh crap im babysitting those brat kids tonight...i deserve these doughnuts!

ugh my brain is turning to gooo from studying....off to bed for me soon i think...head in the books again tomorrow...ha! all this stress and like i said...chances are i will be qualified and cleaning up poop LMAO

oh the things we put our selves thru! HAHA

HERE HERE!!!!!! Really enjoyed reading that, fair play to you!! Your a great role model and your so right to do it now, I'm 32 and kinda wishing I'd started earlier but it's not too late. Whoo Hoo, here's to a new day tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

thank god for new look!

I am with ya on New Look Lainy. LOVE it. It has been my haven throughout my fat years. Evans and other larger size stocked shops are such a rip off and have a crappy, out dated selection. Have a new look voucher from Xmas too, going to wait til May-ish and then have a little spending spree, cant wait and hopefully wont have to look in the Inspire section :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I'm in the process of changing my whole life...starting my life...figured now is as good a time to change the outside, while i'm getting the smarts!

Dying to get back horse riding, I'm studying animal care...it would just be wrong and humiliating if i was working with horses....but too fat to actually ride horses...no one would ever hire me or work with me....and well...stretch skin tight riding breeches just aint flattering! and my legs are too fat to get the fancy tall boots on.

And animal care is one of those industries...you wanna go anywhere and move up in the pecking order...you gotta speak up...be confident...no matter how many qualifications you have from what university...chances are you'll start off cleaning up animal poop....

And at 24....i've never been on a properly holiday without family, it aint a holiday if your bringing all the stress from home with ya! Everyone I know wants to go on hot sun holidays....i pretend to hate sun holidays cos I just look like mr blobby on the beech! I burn like crazy...and beach clothes are not my friend!

I'm 24 I want to live my life, I want to go places, I want to finally have some confidence...i dont want to be cocky...I just want to be brave enough...comfortably enough in my own skin to LIVE

and i know its wrong...but i want to have the confidence to go after the nice & cute guys :P and not settle for the ass holes, just cos i think no one else will have me...

Lady defo go for it! It'll be the best thing that ever happened to you!

I'm nearly a year in or around goal after loosing 6 stone and while life still throws rubbish my way, I'm much happier!

The whole cute guys thing still needs some work with me cos I still have it in my head that no one will have me! That sort of confidence will come with time I suppose!
    Hopefully before I'm 25 in October! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement