Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roadworks on blackcourt road

• 26-08-2014 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Why did they leave it so late to do these ? The system is also a mess. People exiting estates onto it have no idea if they have a green light, as there is only one lane I've come across people driving towards each other and that was just this morning . By the time the first car got to the end the light the other way had turned green.
    Will be worse when the school opens this week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

All my tyres have tar and chippings stuck to them, this is going to cause problems when it rains.
    It's also cause a racket when speeding up as the chippings fly off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any idea why its being done? Road seems ok to me

I went through them last night myself,the usual attitude of red doesn't apply to me.Some woman in a jeep had to drive onto the unfinished road after breaking the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

jeffk wrote: »
    Any idea why its being done? Road seems ok to me

I went through them last night myself,the usual attitude of red doesn't apply to me.Some woman in a jeep had to drive onto the unfinished road after breaking the lights.

I thought it wasn't too bad myself, driving on it earlier and it was like driving through a hail storm with all the loose gravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I thought it wasn't too bad myself, driving on it earlier and it was like driving through a hail storm with all the loose gravel.

Suppose it could/should be done when there is as little traffic on it,but then the noise made will be too early or late for some people.

Advertisement