Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Requests

Options
  • 26-02-2015 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really think this forum is working as it should, certainly not anywhere near in line with its own charter.

There is a huge amount of requests sat in limbo for months on end, no apparent cut off time and no accurate way of knowing if your request has enough support or not. I personally think the plus one/ minus one system is messy and surely a more elegant solution could be found, even a plain poll and a request to explain reasoning below?

There are requests from more than a YEAR ago sitting there, when there is a seperate forum for Approved and Rejected. The last forum I have seen get approved was the AMA which is an excellent idea, but cant help thinking it got the go ahead because boards management were as keen as boards users.

There was an Autism Spectrum Disorder request which went through all the right channels, hasn't got anywhere, but because Cmods/mods wanted it, an ASD Parenting forum was formed. No hoops were jumped through, so what's the point of the request system?

Edit: Sorry, forgot about Online TV forum, maybe because its not in the Approved/Rejected forum.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've been trying to re-organise the site's categories and forums for the last 18 months, it's that much of a pain in the arse. Throwing more new forums in on top of that makes it more difficult.

I can guarantee that when I get the categories re-organised, Forum Requests will be my next port of call and getting that backlog cleared will be my highest priority. I'm in final stages of category re-organisation as we speak, expect to see the proposed changes on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Might be no harm to flag that up in the Requests forum itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Dav wrote: »
    I've been trying to re-organise the site's categories and forums for the last 18 months, it's that much of a pain in the arse. Throwing more new forums in on top of that makes it more difficult.

I can guarantee that when I get the categories re-organised, Forum Requests will be my next port of call and getting that backlog cleared will be my highest priority. I'm in final stages of category re-organisation as we speak, expect to see the proposed changes on Monday.

Will you be sticking everything under Airsoft again?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Any update on this? Curious to see what you have in mind.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Any update on this? Curious to see what you have in mind.
    Think they're still considering my suggestion of transferring Soccer, Rugby and GAA to "Games"

:pac:

• Advertisement

So once the dust has settled on the forum reorganisation, do we have a rough idea when the forum request forum will get decisions made and tidyied up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Let us try and get this one out the door first, eh? :)

Let us try and get this one out the door first, eh? :)

Yep, thought it was just a case of moving things around, didn't realise the site was going to have the scaffolding up for as long as it looks like its going to need it.

Advertisement