Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"no Irish " ad in Oz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Goddamn Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tbh loads of irish teens/early twenties just piss off to australia for the laugh and take the piss drinking, I wouldnt want to hire them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I lifted a stone the other day and a load of Irish scattered out from beneath it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The Ozzies must be getting a bit tired of all the people turning up that can't think of any countries that begin with anything after the letter C.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

TBF people are getting sick of the antics of the GAA clad over there. Puking, fighting, generally acting the div.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

we should all spam his mailbox with bogus cv's stating we are from ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Fair dinkum eh. A dingo ate my baby.

Bleedin' shackledraggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Surely thats illegal? I thought this was 21st century, Irish people got the same attitude in England aswell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sounds fair enough, i wouldnt want someone there who's just messing around and probably shows up hungover and late
    which is what most of the irish over there sound like theyre doing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

tbh loads of irish teens/early twenties just piss off to australia for the laugh and take the piss drinking, I wouldnt want to hire them either

Exactly, they obviously had a bad experience in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Hmm I don't think you're allowed to do that in this day and age...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Think everyone should reply to his ad with stupid questions just to annoy the prick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

But, do they allow Blacks and dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

bluewolf wrote: »
    sounds fair enough, i wouldnt want someone there who's just messing around and probably shows up hungover and late

a little bit jealous eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Cos all the other nationalities on working visas in Oz are parodies of virtue...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Id say fair enough. Don't want to hire a particular group of people you shouldn't have too. Anyway probably half of our emmigrants are using the "I have to emmigrate to OZ, no work here" as an excuse to go travelling and go on the piss every other night.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So put that in your ad instead of some incendiary, discriminatory bollocks. Jesus, the wheel has really come full circle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

So put that in your ad instead of some incendiary, discriminatory bollocks. Jesus, the wheel has really come full circle.

yeah okay you're right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Fair enough, but it's the way it's worded. You could just say "no timewasters", instead of "NO IRISH" in big caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I often see Americans going around with college hoodies and T shirts.
    They might have left college twenty years ago but they are incredibly proud of where they went
    Good few yanks in this job, most of them do it

Are the GAA jersey wearing Irish not doing the same?
    Why the disgust and the posts that these are people to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Surprising the number of people retarded enough to actually try and defend this advert. I've sent him a lovely message now he'll be a long time forgetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What about naggers ?? :D

Wouldnt want them either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

What do you think of people who refuse to get in a taxi if the driver's black?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jesus these lads would be knackered in Oz then

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Are the GAA jersey wearing Irish not doing the same?
    Why the disgust and the posts that these are people to avoid?

Cos they have a habit of going on the piss every night, starting fights, and generally giving the rest of us a bad rep.

Unlike the yanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

TBF people are getting sick of the antics of the GAA clad over there. Puking, fighting, generally acting the div.

Its a well known fact that no Australians ever drink, puke fight or act the flamin' gallah. Never. Never ever. Fact.

The amount of people on this here thread who seem to think anti Irish racism is ok is a bit shockin to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Surprising the number of people retarded enough to actually try and defend this advert. I've sent him a lovely message now he'll be a long time forgetting.
    And I'm sure your comments will make him change his opinion of us... Wrong way to go about it maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement