Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midweek return tickets with Bus Eireann?

• 19-07-2013 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

I want to get a bus out on Sunday and come back on Monday, can I get the Midweek Return as my return leg will be "midweek", even if my outward journey is not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

NoPasaran wrote: »
    I want to get a bus out on Sunday and come back on Monday, can I get the Midweek Return as my return leg will be "midweek", even if my outward journey is not?

No. Both journeys need to be Mon-Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

It's worth checking out the fares in advance here:

http://www.busfare.co.uk/eireann.html

I know in the case of route 2 a midweek return and adult (monthly) return have been the same price since the fares were adjusted last year (making the midweek fare pointless). May be the case on some other routes so worth checking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭NoPasaran

Niles wrote: »

I know in the case of route 2 a midweek return and adult (monthly) return have been the same price since the fares were adjusted last year (making the midweek fare pointless). May be the case on some other routes so worth checking.
    The 64 bus isn't even listed there :confused:

Can I just check something else.. the site seems to stress that you have to print the email off. Is it really not sufficient to produce just the MAC number on your phone or on a bit of paper or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Can I just check something else.. the site seems to stress that you have to print the email off. Is it really not sufficient to produce just the MAC number on your phone or on a bit of paper or something?
    The driver may not accept it unless you print it off as they are supposed to keep the printout for their records, Where are you going to/from?

Prices for Galway to Derry is
    Service 864
    21.50 : Adult Single
    18.00 : Student Single
    15.50 : Child Single
    30.00 : Adult Mw Rtn
    19.50 : Child Mw Rtn
    30.00 : Adult Day Rtn
    19.50 : Child Day Rtn
    36.00 : Adult Rtn
    29.50 : Student Rtn
    22.50 : Child Return
    72.00 : Family Rtn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

AFAIK yes you need to print it off (I think the driver needs to hand it in with the cash but I could be wrong).

Not sure about the 64, might be worth scrolling down and looking at the destinations; I know the route 1 Dublin-Belfast is listed as 801A for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Any of the cross-border expressway routes have an "8" in front of them.

The 64 is shown as route 864 in the cash fares matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Niles wrote: »

In that case it doesn't make a difference as midweeks can be used to return on weekends on payment of the difference to the open return.

Advertisement