Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock17

• 16-06-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Selling my 9mm glock 17 only 2 years old and 1000 shots fired.
    For sale due to lack of funds for an appeal.
    pm me with any questions.
    will sell for 500 worth 800 on irish market

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

daveob007 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Dave.

It's a shame yuo have to sell it.
    Did you get any offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Can someone else bar yourself licence that dave??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

i thought the 9mm's were gone altogether now? still people getting licence for them? was talkin to a guy (who is a garda) who has had his for 3 years and had it refused recently he then had a meeting with the super who told him they were for military use only

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Can someone else bar yourself licence that dave??
    Not in the ROI. In Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or on the continent, they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Since centerfire pistols cannot be licenced to an individual except for persons who had such pistol pre the cut off point (even then as in the OPs case it is not guarenteed to be approved) it would make your pistol worthless in Southern Ireland as it cannot be licenced.

Your options are:

1. Hand your pistol over to the Gardai for destruction

2. Hand your pistol into a dealer for them to export out of Ireland at a seriously reduced rate as to what you bought it.

3. Hand your pistol into a competant gunsmith who can destroy your 9mm slide, barrel and recoil spring assembly. A competant gunsmith will also be able to import a .22lr slide and barrel for your glock (and if needs be pin your magazine to 5 rounds) for you to reapply for a licence as a .22 pistol.

Is there a secret option C that I missed anyone ???

Either way .. good luck !

• Advertisement

Yes, as we discussed on the thread where dave first said he was selling the pistol, he can hand it in to an RFD for storage and apply for a new licence for it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

Since centerfire pistols cannot be licenced to an individual except for persons who had such pistol pre the cut off point (even then as in the OPs case it is not guarenteed to be approved) it would make your pistol worthless in Southern Ireland as it cannot be licenced.

Your options are:

2. Hand your pistol into a dealer for them to export out of Ireland at a seriously reduced rate as to what you bought it.

3. Hand your pistol into a competant gunsmith who can destroy your 9mm slide, barrel and recoil spring assembly. A competant gunsmith will also be able to import a .22lr slide and barrel for your glock (and if needs be pin your magazine to 5 rounds) for you to reapply for a licence as a .22 pistol.

i tried to get a .22 slide and have the mag converted to 5 rounds but my super told me that any gun not on the list would be treated as a restricted firearm even though the guidelines state differently
    thats why those guidelines are such a farce,everyone reads into them in a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

i thought the 9mm's were gone altogether now? still people getting licence for them? was talkin to a guy (who is a garda) who has had his for 3 years and had it refused recently he then had a meeting with the super who told him they were for military use only

YES they are!If they will stick to their guns so to speak and fight it out.
    Mine is now in the pipeline of being processed according to Henry St yesterday.Along with seven other lads in Limerick.

When I do have that ticket.I am going to post up the remainder of the story of the thread Limerick District Court Sucess.And I will reveal some other VERY pertinent information for those who are going to court on handguns or restricted rifles on the other underhanded tricks that go on.
    STAY TUNED!!

Dave.
    Would suggest you go with option C.Convert to .22 and restrict.It can and has been done.The super is trying it on,as it does state too that the list is flexible and living.It has to be otherwise,in five years time all our Olympic style pistol shooters will be competing eventually with outdated kit. I know money is always a big problem,but TBH,selling it for such stupid money isnt an option either.PM me as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    YES they are!If they will stick to their guns so to speak and fight it out.
    Mine is now in the pipeline of being processed according to Henry St yesterday.Along with seven other lads in Limerick.

When I do have that ticket.I am going to post up the remainder of the story of the thread Limerick District Court Sucess.And I will reveal some other VERY pertinent information for those who are going to court on handguns or restricted rifles on the other underhanded tricks that go on.
    STAY TUNED!!

Dave.
    Would suggest you go with option C.Convert to .22 and restrict.It can and has been done.The super is trying it on,as it does state too that the list is flexible and living.It has to be otherwise,in five years time all our Olympic style pistol shooters will be competing eventually with outdated kit. I know money is always a big problem,but TBH,selling it for such stupid money isnt an option either.PM me as well.

Sometimes a change of address can be the Ticket.
    Lots of Dubs hold licences that moved whest !

Just a thought

Or are you confined to apply where you previously held licence?

Sparks, Jump in here?

are you confined to apply where you previously held licence?
    No.
    (Nice to have a simple answer for once!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Originally Posted by harly1516 viewpost.gif
    I understand what you mean I picked up my licence but am not going to pay for a pistol that might be very hard to off load no one in europe will give half what there worth if the ban comes in, every one ahs an opinion mine is the writings on the wall.
    Firstly Harly, you hardly think that less than 1800 handguns is going to affect the european market so much that everything drops in value by a half!

That's assuming everyone doesn't get their licence renewed which is not certain by a long shot.

Secondly, you wouldn't have to sell it immediately, but leave it with a dealer.

Thirdly, without changing the law one iota and not making any moves so far to change it, I'm in serious doubt as to whether (a) it's going to happen or (b) this Minister is capable of the task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 canttakeajoke

Your options are:

Option C is I can buy it.
    As a licenced 9mm owner in the republic, I can replace my gun for any gun in the same calibre. New government coming who might see the benefits of a sport that attracts money into Ireland for a change

Option C is I can buy it.
    As a licenced 9mm owner in the republic, I can replace my gun for any gun in the same calibre. New government coming who might see the benefits of a sport that attracts money into Ireland for a change

Unfortunately, at the moment that isn't an option without a court case to introduce a different meaning to Section 3D of the Firearms Acts (as introduced by section 30 of the Criminal Justice (Misc.Provisions) Act):
    As and from the date of commencement of this section, no application for a firearm certificate in respect of a short firearm shall be considered by an issuing person other than for ... a short firearm for which the applicant for the firearm certificate held a firearm certificate on or before 19 November 2008.
    In other words, the law says if you had a specific pistol before 19/11/08 then you can apply for a licence for that specific pistol. It's not transferable between different specific pistols or specific people. You'd have to challange the interpretation in court and frankly, it is relatively clear by the standards of Irish firearms legislation.

Besides all of which, this thread is somewhat old at this point and the whole discussion may be academic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 canttakeajoke

well Im new to this and just browsing around. Nice to see someplace to trade guns. I think the gun laws will soften up once we have a government who we can talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

if all else fails.......and you do decide to sell the pistol, I'll be interested!

Advertisement