Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have all the jam bands gone? - Rock/Metal/Harcore

• 06-02-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Folks, putting out the feelers for a "Saturday band" based in Dublin - Simply a chance to get together once a week for bit of a jam and a bit of fun!

I'm not interested in spending every night of the week rehearsing and rehearsing so as to eventually live the dream. I have a full time job, I'm happy with it and just want a band to jam with around once a week, play a few gigs and have fun with it. That said, while we're in a rehearsal room why not take it seriously?!

About me - 29 yr old bassist - pro level gear - open to rock /metal / hardcore - anything with a nice heavy kick to it could be fun! I record my own tunes, more instrumental styled, happy to share with anyone interested! Influences all the way from Indie to Black Metal!

Obviously we now need a drummer, guitarists and maybe a singer/vocalist! Preferably around the same age bracket, with the same mindset as above..

There will be no pretentious 'auditions', the only pre-requisite is that you share your influences etc. in the thread and be happy to share your own examples of your work, in private if needs be (it's 21st Century where you can record on a laptop with a €50 sound card), if you can't show your playing then...............

and go......!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭punkyfish

Bad start - can one of the mods drop this into the band member section? thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I'm a guitarist, 32, play my own stuff, into all sorts, more inclined to heavy stuff but like to play some soft styles too. I'm game.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭punkyfish

Great, thanks - have you any music you can share?

In the interests of fairness and ensuring any further replies know who can play what - here's some of mine soundcloud.com/dooris

Would be great if anyone interested could post recordings of them playing to the thread, then we can all see each other skills,

Thanks!

Advertisement