Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe not so relevant here but would be to UK passport holders, my passport expired in Dec and i applied online 10 days ago for a new one, sent the signed declaration and pics off and brand new passport arrived today, didn't pay for express or anything extra, amazingly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

scudzilla wrote: »
    Maybe not so relevant here but would be to UK passport holders, my passport expired in Dec and i applied online 10 days ago for a new one, sent the signed declaration and pics off and brand new passport arrived today, didn't pay for express or anything extra, amazingly quick
    for an actual uk passport, or are you applying for an irish passport from the uk?

for an actual uk passport, or are you applying for an irish passport from the uk?

Living in Ireland and applying for a UK passport

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Brits are super quick once you have all the documentation straight, my son's one only took a week once I'd sent everything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

Hi guys
    Travelling to holland 28th of February and have an appointment Monday morning to try and get a new passport as my old one is out of date. Anyone have any experience with this? Will I have a new passport back in time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

ash23 wrote: »
    Did the passport tracker tell you the passport was being returned?

No. Just said issue date. I'd no idea there was problem with it other than in their Twitter message.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heading to the UK in 6 weeks, person I'm going with realised that their passport expires next month, they have gotten the forms and are sending off for a renewed British passport, which takes 4 weeks according to the website.

Should we go ahead and book the flights? Ryanair is the only option, so sadly it's a passport or nothing. If we leave the flights until the passport is received then they will have skyrocketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Got my passport card. Its a good job. Let's hope when I land in Croatia it does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im applying to renew a 7 year lapsed passport. I gather I have to submit documents similar to someone applying for first passport.
    So apart from the normal form, photos and garda stamping, Im sending Birth cert, Copy of public services card, Proof of address in form of bank statement, Is there anything else needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mickdw wrote: »
    Im applying to renew a 7 year lapsed passport. I gather I have to submit documents similar to someone applying for first passport.
    So apart from the normal form, photos and garda stamping, Im sending Birth cert, Copy of public services card, Proof of address in form of bank statement, Is there anything else needed.

Payment.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tipperary Iron

what is the procedure for getting a passport for a disabled person who is not able to sign the passport form? It is not mentioned anywhere on the Department of Foreign Affairs website. If a disabled person is not able to fulfill the photo requirements, they are advised to 'contact us', but the passport offices are not taking telephone calls and I am still waiting for a reply to my e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

what is the procedure for getting a passport for a disabled person who is not able to sign the passport form? It is not mentioned anywhere on the Department of Foreign Affairs website. If a disabled person is not able to fulfill the photo requirements, they are advised to 'contact us', but the passport offices are not taking telephone calls and I am still waiting for a reply to my e-mail.

Apparently they are really quick at replying on twitter!

May get you a quicker response.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Not for one that has expired more than 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lost my passport and travelling to Dublin for an appointment to give all documents for a new one on Friday. I'm travelling to lanzarote on the 8th of march. How long does this usually take if I go back to collect it next week maybe? And do they usually cause problems \ complain or be strict about forms ? I need birth cert, two proof of name two of address, certified photocopied I'd. Is it pretty straight forward most of the time?

Lost my passport and travelling to Dublin for an appointment to give all documents for a new one on Friday. I'm travelling to lanzarote on the 8th of march. How long does this usually take if I go back to collect it next week maybe? And do they usually cause problems \ complain or be strict about forms ? I need birth cert, two proof of name two of address, certified photocopied I'd. Is it pretty straight forward most of the time?

The passport issue date will be based on your proof of travel, once you have the required documents and it's only your first lost passport then you should b fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lovely. Seems okay so. I have all relevant documents and am I right in saying you don't need a public service card if your passport was issued after 2005?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I have an appointment for a passport renewal as my current one is damaged - need to check on the day if its too damaged to go but assume it will be and needs replacing. (it has some water damage and the spine is slightly coming away from the book)

Do I need the long birth cert for this or not?

Application form, photos and payment with old passport..anything else I need?

Also anyone that has used the appointments online form - did you get a confirmation email when you made the booking? I made mine and took down the time and date etc but I didnt take down the reference number and assumed it would be emailed as a confirmation but it wasnt. Cant get through to them on phone to have someone look it up.

When you went for your appointment did they ask anyone for the print out with it on it or once you had your slot did they just deal with you?

Edit: If by any chance anyone reading works there and could pm me all I want to know is my reference number so I have it on the say..tried twitter since Monday and they have been telling me that you do get a confirmation email (which I didnt) and then when I asked them could they look it up they asked for my name and email then 2 days later told me they cant look it up anyways they dont have access to it..very frustrating..and cant call as the phone is just on an automated message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Our corrected passport application said an issue date of 1 month later but we actually just received it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I'm getting a standard 10 year passport, Please charge my debit card with 80 euro or 89.50?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Heading to the UK in 6 weeks, person I'm going with realised that their passport expires next month, they have gotten the forms and are sending off for a renewed British passport, which takes 4 weeks according to the website.

Should we go ahead and book the flights? Ryanair is the only option, so sadly it's a passport or nothing. If we leave the flights until the passport is received then they will have skyrocketed.

I posted here a few before yours, i applied to renew my uk passport online, sent off the docs to Belfast and around 10 days later new passport arrived, amazingly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I didn't know that.

As with all queries here answers on their website

Hope the ones in the passport office are getting plenty of overtime or is this not a done thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

My passport expired last month so its up for renewal. Do they keep the old passport when applying? I'd like to keep it.

AsianDub wrote: »
    My passport expired last month so its up for renewal. Do they keep the old passport when applying? I'd like to keep it.

They will return it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tipperary Iron

vague it certainly is. I am tearing my hair out trying to find out how to renew the child passport of a disabled person who is now an adult. She is unable to sign it herself Should I sign it or leave it blank? Dept on Foreign Affairs says one thing, Citizens Advice says another. A simple matter considering the number of disabled people in the country, wouldn't you think?

• Advertisement

vague it certainly is. I am tearing my hair out trying to find out how to renew the child passport of a disabled person who is now an adult. She is unable to sign it herself Should I sign it or leave it blank? Dept on Foreign Affairs says one thing, Citizens Advice says another. A simple matter considering the number of disabled people in the country, wouldn't you think?

Well seeing as the Dept of Foreign Affairs issues the passports, I would go with their advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement