Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Goodbye tommy. Lastest new on sky news is he has been fired

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Just listened to one of his raps on Youtube. He should have held onto his day job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

paulaa wrote: »
    I agree. I think Tommy the character had no more to give. I also think the Kevin/Ken thing may have the bosses a bit over cautions but I also agree with
    Mathias Few Narcotic that he was foolish

but wasn't it made before he even started corrie?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I think the rap video was made about a year ago. He's been in Corrie since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

but wasn't it made before he even started corrie?

I haven't a clue. I only heard about it this evening when the news broke about his sacking. I didn't even know he had been suspended last Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Feck sake Tommy what were you at..another sad ending in a Tina story..

Hark at Michelle to Peter ..."you got it (the job) handed to you on a plate"..the CHEEK of her....Carla handed her a job on a friggin' plate...and why is it any of her business who Carla decides to hire?

The Norris lookalike didn't strike me as one of those national front psychos.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

How lucky is Sally, with romantic Tim handing her a can of beer instead of bringing her for a drink. And saving her washing up by not using glasses. /Swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think they're using it as an excuse to write him out as part of Tina's leaving storyline. I think he had just renewed his contract when she decided to leave.

Didn't the actors who play Dev and Lloyd get away with taking cocaine? And weren't the videos from years ago?

Tina is leaving next year so more likely Tommy will get a lame rushed quick exit now

If Eileen breaks up with Paul over this..it's going to be totally unbelievable...she was so mad about him and all she went through that time with his wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I liked the bit where the lads were going out in town for a few beers and there were a few funny moments, like when one of the lads in the pub said move fatty or words to that affect and Brian said to Steve don't let him talk to you like that:D they should have more scenes like this with the crowd going into town and having fun without the fights and arguments, it started so well and then the fun stopped with the racist stuff again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Who turned Lloyd into a prick? Paul backs him up in the potential fight, and its not enough. It takes Paul going back in to the Rovers to say sorry for the 105th time for the hatchett to finally be buried.

Meanwhile, who turned Eileen into a b1tch? All of a sudden she feels unloved and unrespected. This, 3 hours after Paul and Lloyd going out together at her request her. She deserves to be alone with behaviour like that.

Meanwhile, who turned Michelle into a b1tch? Whats it to her that her boss has promoted her boyfriend to a menial role in the factory, and as another poster said, did she not get promoted in a similar way? What a hypocrite!

While we are at it, who turned Anna into a b1tch? Fayes dad invites Faye to a bbq, NEXT DOOR, something Faye would love, and her eyes fill with hatred and say no because we are stealing your idea just for spite. It really says something when I am preferring Sally to Anna. Corrie, what happened?

Loved Beth swiping the bottle of vodka off of Stella.

When Tim went up to the bar to invite them for the BBQ, I kept shouting "Hit him!". Im annoyed he didnt reveal to Anna that Eoin threatened, and I am really hoping Tim stands up to Eoin. Like properly squares up to him, and hopefully see Eoin back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

syklops wrote: »
    Who turned Lloyd into a prick? Paul backs him up in the potential fight, and its not enough. It takes Paul going back in to the Rovers to say sorry for the 105th time for the hatchett to finally be buried.

Meanwhile, who turned Eileen into a b1tch? All of a sudden she feels unloved and unrespected. This, 3 hours after Paul and Lloyd going out together at her request her. She deserves to be alone with behaviour like that.

Meanwhile, who turned Michelle into a b1tch? Whats it to her that her boss has promoted her boyfriend to a menial role in the factory, and as another poster said, did she not get promoted in a similar way? What a hypocrite!

While we are at it, who turned Anna into a b1tch? Fayes dad invites Faye to a bbq, NEXT DOOR, something Faye would love, and her eyes fill with hatred and say no because we are stealing your idea just for spite. It really says something when I am preferring Sally to Anna. Corrie, what happened?

Loved Beth swiping the bottle of vodka off of Stella.

When Tim went up to the bar to invite them for the BBQ, I kept shouting "Hit him!". Im annoyed he didnt reveal to Anna that Eoin threatened, and I am really hoping Tim stands up to Eoin. Like properly squares up to him, and hopefully see Eoin back down.

:pac::pac::pac:

Ann22 wrote: »
    If Eileen breaks up with Paul over this..it's going to be totally unbelievable...she was so mad about him and all she went through that time with his wife.

Eileen:"Oh Paul, you dont make me feel special anymore"

Yeah and the bottle of red which was your only company before Paul came along made you feel really special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

hollypink wrote: »
    How lucky is Sally, with romantic Tim handing her a can of beer instead of bringing her for a drink. And saving her washing up by not using glasses. /Swoon.

I think she's beginning to realise she made a mistake but it's a bit hard for her to back down now in front of Anna. Tim has no cop on, free gaff, horny sexy woman his own age and he can't bring himself to have some basic table manners.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tina is leaving next year so more likely Tommy will get a lame rushed quick exit now

Yeah, wonder if he has any relatives far away who get sick suddenly so he can run off and look after them.
    syklops wrote: »

While we are at it, who turned Anna into a b1tch?

She was a right b1tch when she showed up in Corrie, "nice caring Anna" is a newish development.
    Im annoyed he didnt reveal to Anna that Eoin threatened, and I am really hoping Tim stands up to Eoin. Like properly squares up to him, and hopefully see Eoin back down.

Only person who ever stood up to Owen was Karl, and Owen chickened out of that one pretty quickly.

• These soaps are basically glorified pantomines at this stage. Joke acting and joke writing. Missed tonights and i think my IQ is all the better for it at this stage.

Only person who ever stood up to Owen was Karl, and Owen chickened out of that one pretty quickly.

Jim McDonald stood up to him, and Eoin got 3 or 4 other builders to kick the sh!t out of him. He must have been drunk as well. He is an ex-para after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Didn't the actors who play Dev and Lloyd get away with taking cocaine? And weren't the videos from years ago?
    Yes they were caught at that, got suspended for it. I mght be wrong but didn't the one who plays Steve also have a drug problem for a while? And craig charles was also remanded in custody a good few years ago accused of rape. He was acquitted in the end, but as far as the reputations of corrie goes there are very few of them who are whiter than white! I'd say even Emily Bishop has a few skeletons in the closet!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Red Kev wrote: »

Yeah, wonder if he has any relatives far away who get sick suddenly so he can run off and look after them.
    He'll probably go back to blackpool to look after his granny!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

agreed. Eileen, Michelle and Anna getting bitchy. Loyd getting to be a prick. Sally seems to not realize that Tim is not as interested in her has she is him. Wonder how they will write Tommy out.
    At the rate they are losing cast member, maybe they need a story line about alien abductions. Then when they need to write someone out the can just say the aliens got them.

• Advertisement

Yes they were caught at that, got suspended for it. I mght be wrong but didn't the one who plays Steve also have a drug problem for a while? And craig charles was also remanded in custody a good few years ago accused of rape. He was acquitted in the end, but as far as the reputations of corrie goes there are very few of them who are whiter than white! I'd say even Emily Bishop has a few skeletons in the closet!:)
    None of them ever claimed to be whiter than white. They are people. Look down your street, or in your family and you will find people with flaws.

agreed. Eileen, Michelle and Anna getting bitchy. Loyd getting to be a prick. Sally seems to not realize that Tim is not as interested in her has she is him. Wonder how they will write Tommy out.
    At the rate they are losing cast member, maybe they need a story line about alien abductions. Then when they need to write someone out the can just say the aliens got them.

IMO its time for another serial killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Just catching up with the latest episodes. It's gone from bad to worse in the last couple of weeks after a steady six month descent into pure crap. There isn't a single character who isn't a caricature of who they used to be. Are the writers on drugs? It's really gotten completely silly. They need to pull their socks up or lose masses of viewers. I'm about the only person I now who still watches it when once everybody I knew watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

they need to start employing actors with actual mancunian accents, half of them are from yorkshire

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    they need to start employing actors with actual mancunian accents, half of them are from yorkshire

Better than Emmerdale where half of them are from Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It appears that Jack and Vera's legacy no longer lives on.

Tommy Duckworth has been sacked. :(

Wonder how they're going to write him out. That's three now that will have just disappeared !

MugMugs wrote: »
    It appears that Jack and Vera's legacy no longer lives on.

Tommy Duckworth has been sacked. :(

Wonder how they're going to write him out. That's three now that will have just disappeared !

Thoroughly boring character. All he ever seems to do is prop up tina by going:

"Tee, wait..."
    "Tee, are you ok?"
    "Tee..."
    "Pint please Tee"

She is amazing looking, and he is a fit young man, they should be having large quantities of sex in imaginative locations. Instead they just skulk around in the pub and whinge about things.

not sure how they've done it but scenes explaining what happened tommy have already been filmed..... no messing about there!! Wonder how ridiculous the storyline will be

ETA
    apparantly he runs off after an argument with Tina

not sure how they've done it but scenes explaining what happened tommy have already been filmed..... no messing about there!! Wonder how ridiculous the storyline will be

ETA
    apparantly he runs off after an argument with Tina

Director:"Right folks we just need to re-film a recent argument between Tommy and Tina. Tommy, instead of saying, "Ive had enough Tee Im going down the rovers for a pint", you need to say "I've had enough Tee Im moving back to blackpool".

• Advertisement

is there anything left for them to argue over that could cause him to leave in such a hurry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement