Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭sudzs

"big fat well dressed baby"

Joe?????????? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭nosey guy

sudzs wrote: »
    Slightly mad sounding caller???

(Sorry, can I say that nowadays??)

watch yourself there...notice the sever lack of pics up ..sad ,really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Greyhound or Adoptions next?

cant see greyhound getting mentioned today, ar'nt they collecting all the rubbish today whether its paid for or not, joe wont give them any positive headlines

the spit of ...is the pharse ...cut the head off.. is some werid nonsense you made up yourself ,while you were going slightly bonkers..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

You're making my point for me.

What would constitute better news terminology, do you think?

• Advertisement

never say never while saying never twice...oh dear god.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

signostic wrote: »
    Any chance we get a full house today...if not hopefully at least fill the corners...well done Lapin...well done..

What frame do you put on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

cant see greyhound getting mentioned today, ar'nt they collecting all the rubbish today whether its paid for or not, joe wont give them any positive headlines

Thought he'd be claiming credit for it tbh. Maybe after the break :rolleyes: .

Someone named a show "its a great laugh"..ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭telekon

That Brendan Grace show sounds hilarious. Did ye hear the audience?? Rolling in the aisles they were....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Is that a warning? Can we still slag off the inappropriate ads?

Slagging "inappropriate" ads is a little off-topic, sure, but I don't have any major problem with it. And no, that wasn't a warning. You'll know when you've been warned.

I don't always post as a moderator, you know - sometimes I contribute to the discussion. When I'm posting as a moderator, I use all bold text (as I am now).

Do carry on...

europa11 wrote: »

they hav'nt gone out of business ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Am I missing something here, of what interest is it to the "NATION" as to who was adopted, found, wanted to be found, didn't want to be found. I must be living in a different Nation as I was not talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

All of these adoption stories are the same as the last..

europa11 wrote: »

Don't you think that exposure from the media, including shows like his, may have been a factor in them deciding to collect the bins regardless?

Am I missing something here, of what interest is it to the "NATION" as to who was adopted, found, wanted to be found, didn't want to be found. I must be living in a different Nation as I was not talking about it.

welcome to the nation of liveline. this happens on a regular basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Its half past one Joe.

Fake australian accent alert

Bard wrote: »
    Slagging "inappropriate" ads is a little off-topic, sure, but I don't have any major problem with it. And no, that wasn't a warning. You'll know when you've been warned.

I don't always post as a moderator, you know - sometimes I contribute to the discussion. When I'm posting as a moderator, I use all bold text (as I am now).

Do carry on...

So somewhat like the stazi you are mixing amongst us,as one of us ,seeing whos saying what ,and striking when you see the offence..

I c. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

What would constitute better news terminology, do you think?

I don't think victim's background should be taken into account when reporting on, or investigating murders. Using terms like "feud", "gangland killing" and "known to the gardaí" builds up an invidious hierarchy of the seemingly deserving and undeserving dead.

Apart from the moral point that everyone deserves the same respect, the culture of not taking some crimes as seriously as others is making life more dangerous for everyone, as the stories of the earlier killings of bystanders show.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

You'll know when you've been warned.

How? A horse's head in my bed? Something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

That would have started an earthquake

I think I felt it over here in Belfield . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

nosey guy wrote: »
    So somewhat like the stazi you are mixing amongst us,as one of us ,seeing whos saying what ,and striking when you see the offence..

I c. Good to know.

save it for a private message, all this moderator <-> non-moderator stuff is getting very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ireland doesnt allow access to these records?? Wonder why.... all those babies adopted/sold to the US etc...

imagine the furore if those records, if they even exist, were unearthed.

How? A horse's head in my bed? Something like that?

You'll be told.

Now stay on topic or your posts will be deleted and you may receive a ban, as per the charter.

That's a warning by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Rich talk, from the richest presenter in RTE..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ireland doesnt allow access to these records?? Wonder why.... all those babies adopted/sold to the US etc...

Never thought of that angle it would be as big a scandal as the abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You have hit the nail on the head there. Too many illegal adoptions done via the magdelean laundries they don't want exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Gone on too long "Shut Up"

• Advertisement

nosey guy wrote: »

I c. Good to know.

So, you appear to be a re-reg'd version of a user who's already banned from the forum and you feel you can break the rules of the forum, re-register, argue on-thread with the moderators and compare us to 'the stazi'?

No thanks. Permanent ban. Bye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement