Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

roadside weed

• 22-07-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Anyonne know what the pink flowering weed currently in abundance in Wicklow along roadsides, railway lines and waste ground is. Seems to be very invasive. I've seen a field pure pink with it. About 1.5 metres tall and very noticable. Coming out of flower now with long seed pods. It's not balsam weed but looks similar from a distance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Rosebay Willowherb

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I think its the one called rosebay willowherb (epilobium angustifolium)

Google rosebay willowherb to see if its the one you are seeing in Wicklow?

(You bet me to it there mothman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Have it in my garden. Bumblebees love it:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Very miss leading thread title :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

That's it alright. Seems to be a lot more plentiful this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

thefly wrote: »
    Very miss leading thread title :mad:

You're so amusing. That was so funny! :rolleyes:
    J. Ramone wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot more plentiful this year.

It favours areas with recently disturbed ground. It was one of the first plants to grow in the ruins following WW2 bombing of British cities.

Advertisement