Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone now offering free any network text or free Voda calls and text for life.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed

If he was porting from O2 to Meteor, get him to call meteor - what's happened here is when O2 transferred the service to meteor, the routing for 3 numbers didn't transfer properly. If he calls meteor and explains that:
    *He's Just ported in and
    *He can receive calls from everyone but 3 network numbers,
    and ask them to check their setup with their porting team... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

It is the anytime Xnetwork call charges that are suffering at the hands of these great promos. If 3 can match the Vodafone and Meteor offers and also offer a good Xnetwork call charge then people will move in their droves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Fungus wrote: »
    It is the anytime Xnetwork call charges that are suffering at the hands of these great promos. If 3 can match the Vodafone and Meteor offers and also offer a good Xnetwork call charge then people will move in their droves

Keep an eye out next week:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

zacseph wrote: »
    If he was porting from O2 to Meteor, get him to call meteor - what's happened here is when O2 transferred the service to meteor, the routing for 3 numbers didn't transfer properly. If he calls meteor and explains that:
    *He's Just ported in and
    *He can receive calls from everyone but 3 network numbers,
    and ask them to check their setup with their porting team... :D
    you should read the whole thread before replying ;)

he called meteor. They determined that the problem was at 3's end so they called them and told them to fix it. Then they called again, and again and again and again for three weeks. At that point i suggested he might have better luck as a consumer than as an IT person that can more easily be ignored

Oh - so basically 3 were just ignoring meteor's tech guys? That's infuriating :eek:

• Advertisement

zacseph wrote: »
    Oh - so basically 3 were just ignoring meteor's tech guys? That's infuriating :eek:

Its nothing to do with 3. If you port from o2 to meteor them a call will work as follows when calling from 3: 3 connect the call to o2 (as they is the original network), o2 them route the call to meteor who connect it to the phone. With this in mind how can it be a 3 issue. This is an issue on meteor/o2 side (more notably o2). Sam i know someone working for o2 tech dept and 3 retail. If you wanna pm me any details ill see if i can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Walkman wrote: »
    Keep an eye out next week:cool:
    Sounds exciting! Should we be expecting some news?

Its nothing to do with 3. If you port from o2 to meteor them a call will work as follows when calling from 3: 3 connect the call to o2 (as they is the original network), o2 them route the call to meteor who connect it to the phone. With this in mind how can it be a 3 issue. This is an issue on meteor/o2 side (more notably o2). Sam i know someone working for o2 tech dept and 3 retail. If you wanna pm me any details ill see if i can help.

since all of the other networks, landlines and foreign numbers could connect, how can it not be a 3 issue?

it's grand anyway, this was a while ago. It took another month or so to fix. Thanks though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

failsafe wrote: »
    Sounds exciting! Should we be expecting some news?

next month/week??

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56692535&postcount=9

The issue seems to be how o2 are routing the calls from 3. As i stated 3 connect the call to o2 who then forward it meteor, so there is not much 3 can do to fix it. If the number is on 3 or ever was on 3 then they could help but as it wasnt the routing has nothing to do with them.

• Advertisement

The issue seems to be how o2 are routing the calls from 3. As i stated 3 connect the call to o2 who then forward it meteor, so there is not much 3 can do to fix it. If the number is on 3 or ever was on 3 then they could help but as it wasnt the routing has nothing to do with them.
    but then how could every other network in the world get routed correctly? And why have i seen this a good few times with 3 and never with any other networks?

but then how could every other network in the world get routed correctly? And why have i seen this a good few times with 3 and never with any other networks?

Apologies i didnt realise he was receiving calls from every single network worldwide, he must never be off the phone. If its sorted now why are you discussing it surly you know what the outcome was and what went wrong. Im only telling how routing works when a number is ported, but just so your clear: he ports from o2 to meteor, someone on 3 calls his number, 3 route the call to o2 who route it to meteor who connect the call to his handset. All networks have a full database of ported numbers on every network. This is automatically updated when someone ports there is no manual updating. As I stated in an earlier post I know someone in the tech dept in o2, I was discussing this with her this evening and she commented on how she finds 3 are the easiest network to deal with, all queries are answered first time round and all requests for information are dealt with swiftly (she did also say when tech first moved to mumbai it was a disaster but 3 have come on in leaps and bounds since then).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Guys this is gone way off topic!
    The original topic was about Vodafone now offering free any network text or free Voda calls and text for life! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Oh by the way, I set this up on my sons phone today
    Logged in to vodafone, changed his plan, topped up using AIB 24 hour banking and he was up and running right away!!

I use O2 myself and have the free texts to any network, but it took almost 48 hours to set up! Fair play to Vodafone. The whole thing was done in under 5 mins!

Very true whist, I was going to post the same. Great offers now from the main 3 networks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed
    This is not a problem for 3 customer care.

It's a routing issue. All he needs to do is contact Meteor customer care, explain the situation and ask them to update the 3 SRF. They will send a trouble ticket to there technical department.

They will then contact the IT people at 3 and ask them to update there SRF. The timeframe for this to be completed very much depends on 3 because it's there issue but it should be escalated through your friends current network.

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    This is not a problem for 3 customer care.

It's a routing issue. All he needs to do is contact Meteor customer care, explain the situation and ask them to update the 3 SRF. They will send a trouble ticket to there technical department.

They will then contact the IT people at 3 and ask them to update there SRF. The timeframe for this to be completed very much depends on 3 because it's there issue but it should be escalated through your friends current network.

You need to read the full thread mate. The issue is now resolved....now back on topic.....vodafone pre pay offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

seems to me that their just mimicking meteors offer. ... except

charging 10c more to call other networks

no free vocimail

13c texts again

basically you'll pay that bit more for the number one network in ireland and there not afraid to admit it by charging that bit more

6c minimum?? disgraceful really.

They may have more customers than any other network, but I definately wouldnt say they were number one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You need to read the full thread mate. The issue is now resolved....now back on topic.....vodafone pre pay offers.
    Boring... Defo 3's fault :P

Thread hijacking ftw :pac:

• Advertisement

ProjectC wrote: »
    seems to me that their just mimicking meteors offer. ... except

charging 10c more to call other networks

no free vocimail

13c texts again

basically you'll pay that bit more for the number one network in ireland and there not afraid to admit it by charging that bit more

6c minimum?? disgraceful really.

Well, they really do seem to be mimmicking meteor, but far as i can see, the biggest difference with them is that vodafone aren't raising the price of their international calls by several hundred percent!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Is this offer still on? They're advertising it on their website but also saying it's been over since 30th March, when you look closely at the T&C's! Is that false advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Jackob

This thread was started back in 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TC cork

friend had phone replaced by 3 with very little hassle
    bought in September replaced in April...fair play:)

Jackob wrote: »
    This thread was started back in 2008!
    Yeah but it's still going....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Offer is over! New customers will be charged for each and every last text and call that they make from their phone on vodafone... O2 and meteor still have the offer though

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

Oh right, sorry lads, when I last checked it the date it ended was March 31st... dammit and now I'm after moving to O2 already :(

Advertisement