Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Killarney Darts Festival

• 19-04-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

2012 KILLARNEY DARTS FESTIVAL

It's all systems go for the 2012 Killarney Darts Festival which will be held at the Killarney Convention Centre at the Gleneagle Hotel on the weekend of October 19th. to 21st.
    An extra PDC Pro Tour event has been added to the programme and the prize fund for the weekend has been increased to €90,000.
    The Ladbrokes.com Irish Masters will be played on the Friday evening with the Pro Tour events on Saturday and Sunday.
    And, of course, there will be separate Ladies' and Youths' Open Singles competitions.
    Full details of timings, entry fees, closing dates etc. will be available shortly and will be posted on this page.
    Special accommodation packages are available at the Gleneagle Complex and may be booked @ 064-6671550.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Is there any competition where winners get to play against the pros like last year. Lookin forward to it already

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Is there any competition where winners get to play against the pros like last year. Lookin forward to it already

You'll be able to play the pro's on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

The Ladbrokes.com Irish Masters will be played on the Friday evening at the 2012 Festival and this competition is OPEN to all darts players.
    There will be two PDC Pro Tour events at this year's Festival and these will be played on the Saturday and Sunday.
    Irish players may enter these competitions on both days either directly into the Pro Tour proper or by competing in qualifying competitions on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    And there will be Open Singles competitions on the Sunday for Ladies and Youths {under-18}.

Full details of the Festival will be announced shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Great that sounds brilliant.. great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭leoch

is it a seated event like the citywest i know its not as big but can u watch any of the top players games or a few diff games at the same time or is all behind closed doors i am just trying to find out what it is like from a spectator point of view i know the gleneagles hotel and kilarney is a magic spot also do u buy tickets for each day or can u get a pass for all the days and do the crowds be very big sorry about all the questions but thinking about going down this year thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

leoch wrote: »
    is it a seated event like the citywest i know its not as big but can u watch any of the top players games or a few diff games at the same time or is all behind closed doors i am just trying to find out what it is like from a spectator point of view i know the gleneagles hotel and kilarney is a magic spot also do u buy tickets for each day or can u get a pass for all the days and do the crowds be very big sorry about all the questions but thinking about going down this year thanks

On the friday the pro's will be on the floor in the same hall as everyone else. Way it worked last year on the pro tour days is there was a barrier half way up the hall, pro's were above it and anyone with wrist bands. Everyone else had to watch from behind the barrier. But you could see a good bit of the action.

Great weekend and a lovely spot. Boards can be a bit hard to see from behind the barrier, especially if theres a crowd up the top around the game your trying to watch. All the finals are on stage and the hall is opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Im not happy with the changes, the way it was last year if you performed well on the Friday night you had a chance to play the pro's on the Sunday in the main event, you also got passes for behind the barriers. You also had a chance to play them on the Saturday for only 30e compare with Sunday's 100+
    Now you just get Friday evening and a chance to watch the floor boards Saturday and Sunday from around 100ft away..doesn't sound half as much fun

stylie wrote: »
    Im not happy with the changes, the way it was last year if you performed well on the Friday night you had a chance to play the pro's on the Sunday in the main event, you also got passes for behind the barriers. You also had a chance to play them on the Saturday for only 30e compare with Sunday's 100+
    Now you just get Friday evening and a chance to watch the floor boards Saturday and Sunday from around 100ft away..doesn't sound half as much fun

Not true, stylie ! Please read my previous post.
    There will be qualifying competitions for the two Pro Tour events on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    Players can compete in the qualifiers or pay directly into the Pro Tour events.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Sorry Dartgod, I read the first part about the change and got all depressed and emotional :)

Any idea what time on the Saturday and Sunday morning they will start at ?

stylie wrote: »
    Sorry Dartgod, I read the first part about the change and got all depressed and emotional :)

Any idea what time on the Saturday and Sunday morning they will start at ?

Timings and full details have not been finalised but I would expect the qualifying competitions to start about 9.00am as the Pro Tour events get underway at 12 noon sharp.

Details will be posted here as soon as they come to hand.

• Advertisement

NEWSFLASH !!!

The good news is that the brochures and entry forms for the 2012 Killarney Festival have come off the printing press today and should be on my doorstep before the end of the week.

Please PM your name & address or e-mail darts@ireland.com and they will be posted to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Dartgod wrote: »
    Not true, stylie ! Please read my previous post.
    There will be qualifying competitions for the two Pro Tour events on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    Players can compete in the qualifiers or pay directly into the Pro Tour events.

can you enter the qualifiers and then pay in if you fail to qualify? How much is direct entry and how much to enter qualifiers? Cheers.

Mosiki wrote: »
    can you enter the qualifiers and then pay in if you fail to qualify? How much is direct entry and how much to enter qualifiers? Cheers.

The answer to your first question is no.
    You can either enter the qualifiers or pay directly into the Pro Tour.
    The entry fee for the qualifiers is €30 and the direct entry is €125.
    32 players will qualify from each of the qualifiers.

Prize Fund for the 2012 Festival has been increased to €100,000 !!!

Brochures and entry forms are now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Where can we get an entry form?

NEWSFLASH !!!

The good news is that the brochures and entry forms for the 2012 Killarney Festival have come off the printing press today and should be on my doorstep before the end of the week.

Please PM your name & address or e-mail darts@ireland.com and they will be posted to you.

Here you are, Mosiki !

Entry forms are now available.

Entry form attached.

Details of the Killarney Festival are now up on the PDC website
    http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2825306,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Anybody in the Killarney area looking for brochures and entry forms for the forthcoming Killarney Darts Festival they are now available at the reception desks in the Gleneagle Hotel and INEC.

• Advertisement

Anybody in the Dublin area looking for brochures and entry forms for the forthcoming Killarney Darts Festival - - they are now available at the Patriot's Inn in Kilmainham and at the Tourism Office in College Green {bottom of Grafton Street}.

Otherwise, PM your name & address and I will put them in the post by return.

The 2012 Killarney Darts Festival will be held at the Gleneagle Hotel/ INEC in Killarney, Co. Kerry, on the weekend of October 19tth to 21st and it promises to be a great event with an extra PDC Players’ Championship event added to the programme and the prize fund increased to €100,000.

The Ladbrokes Irish Masters Championship will get the Festival underway on the Friday night and as usual there will be a strong contingent of PDPA members in the line-up battling for the first prize of €5,000.

Mark Walsh won the title for the second time when he defeated Paul Nicholson in last year’s final.
    He was previously successful in the first Festival in 2007.
    Michael van Gerwen, PhilTaylor and Simon Whitlock were on the ‘winner’s podium’ in the other years.

The additional Players’ Championship event will be staged on the Saturday and the Festival will conclude on Sunday with the very popular John McEvoy ‘Gold Dart’ Classic which has had five different winners in the history of the event.
    Justin Pipe defeated the 2010 winner, Gary Anderson, in last year’s final and the previous winners were Jelle Klaasen {2007}, Terry Jenkins {2008} and Phil Taylor {2009}.
    Qualifying competitions for these two events will be held on the Saturday and Sunday mornings with 32 players from each qualifier going through to compete against the pros in the finals.

The ‘Silver Dart’ Ladies’ Singles and the ‘Bronze Dart’ Youths’ Singles competition will also bec ontested on the final day in Killarney.
    Crissy Manley {wife of thefamous ‘OneDart’} is the reigning Ladies’ Champion while Ryan Maher put his name on the Youths’ Trophy for the second time last year.

Full details of the Killarney Festival are available on www.dartsinireland.comand on Facebook and entry forms are available from Michael O’Sullivan {00-353-87-2648291} or mcjosullivan@eircom.net.

Accommodation Alert !!!

Anybody wishing to stay on site for the forthcoming Killarney Festival please note heavy bookings have been recorded over the past two weeks.
    90% of the River Apartments have been booked out and only five are now available.
    And 75% of the rooms in the Gleneagle Hotel have also been booked.

Entry forms and brochures for the Festival will be available at the Tom Kirby Memorial Championship in the Red Cow Moran Hotel on Sunday next and Andrew Spillane will be on hand to take any deposits on hotel bookings.

Entry forms for the 2012 Killarney Festval are available for downloading @ http://www.dartsinireland.com/New/2012%20Killarney%20Entry%20Form.pdf or PM your name and address and they will be posted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Ebtry forms for the 2012 Killarney Festval are available for downloading @ http://www.dartsinireland.com/New/2012%20Killarney%20Entry%20Form.pdf or PM your name and address and they will be posted out.
    "Ebtry Forms" Pops ??
    Now I wonder how I'd fill out one of them

There's one in every family !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

One isn't bad

Entry forms for the Killarney Festival will be available at the Tramore Autumn Festival at O'Shea's Hotel next weekend.

And to save money on postage and postal orders etc. entries for the Festival will be accepted at the venue.

ENTRY DEADLINE !

Just a reminder that DIRECT ENTRIES for the PDC Players' Championship events in Killarney must be with the PDC before 2.00pm on Tuesday, October 9th., so they will have to be with me not later than Monday, October 8th.

ENTRIES SHOULD BE POSTED NOT LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5TH.

Alternatively, I will be at the City West Hotel in Dublin on Saturday next, October 6th., between 10.00am and 4.00pm and will accept entries there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭joecoyne

Any one looking to play Andy Hamilton on Saturday night at the exhibition in The Gleneagle can contact me on 0851596550

Advertisement