Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet Ups - Trips and Networking

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not2Good wrote: »
    It is a pity really but I would be interested to see why the low take-up.

e.g. nervous going on first open investigation?
    Cost too much?
    Been there done that?
    Too far away?

Location didn't suit me. With no car and no lift the times and location didn't suit. If it was somewhere in Dublin I'd absolutely attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Reminding everyone that this thread can be used by anyone trying to arrange a paranormal related meet up or outings. Maybe your 2015 new years resolution is to go on a paranormal investigation ..... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Someone should start again and let the meet ups be in a pub and paranormal topics discussed over a couple of pints (or what ever your tipple is!) Not just Dublin but anywhere that like-minded people want to talk paranormal....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Prob the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know why Not2Good closed his account? I know he had an account as JohnnyBeGoode and closed that a while back, just wasn't expecting him to close this account, I was hoping to arrange more social outings with him if he was still interested in getting a group together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Loughc wrote: »
    Prob the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know why Not2Good closed his account? I know he had an account as JohnnyBeGoode and closed that a while back, just wasn't expecting him to close this account, I was hoping to arrange more social outings with him if he was still interested in getting a group together.

To answer your question I was having problems again with my email address and had to close the account. I have been reincarnated again …. Here is starting with one star again!!!!

• Advertisement

To answer your question I was having problems again with my email address and had to close the account. I have been reincarnated again …. Here is starting with one star again!!!!

Welcome back! :)

Cheers, thanks, I see there are new paranormal posters, it's more interesting with new ideas and stories…

Paranormal Chat Meet-up at 6pm, Monday 11 May 2015 in Dublin City Centre for all yee interested in discussing all things Paranormal. Please PM for venue. Why not pop in after work. It is only for an hour.

I believe there were a few interest last year and a number of meet-ups went ahead in Dublin
    with 3 to 6 people attending each time

Two of last years meet ups' participants went on to join a Dublin based Paranormal Investigation Team which started last August and is going on from strength to strength and have covered a lot of investigations since. The purpose of these meet ups is to see who is interested and want more than posting about it. Thanks to everyone who supported last years meet ups. Its only getting yourself out there, go to 'Paranormal' meet ups that you will meet like minded people ...

• Advertisement

After last night's meet- up it is worth running another one on Monday, 18 May, 6pm, please again PM for venue...

Meet up for this Monday 18 May moved to 7:15pm in Dublin. Please PM me for venue...

There will be three members of a paranormal investigation team (based in Dublin) meeting us tomorrow, Mon 18 May 15.

Meet up tonight at 7:15 pm near Dublin city centre. we chat about all things paranormal, 8 people there last Monday. Same have indicated coming for tonight, three new people last Monday, lasts for 1 hour but some stay on... PM me for location

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill be there next Monday. Sorry I couldnt make tonight. Looking forward to getting more involved again.

Hi Riamfada,

No problem.

We had seven people at last night's (Including one newbie, and two people who were on their second meet-up with us).

Next meet-up is on Tuesday (because Monday is a bank holiday) 2 June at 7:15.

We will be discussing the upcoming 'Open' investigation that is nearly full now.

Best

I

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

good work lads

A reminder that our Meet-up group is getting together at 7:15pm today in Dublin. I am expecting more than the 7 from last week's one, interesting topics discussed last week.

Also two newbies were 'discussing' the pro's and con's of ghost voice apps. I am not a big fan of these at all and I know that some of you guys and gals disapprove too but I suggested letting him have his say as at the meet-ups all views and opinions are listened to. I would be interested to see if the app could be tested somehow, maybe an EMF/temperature reading taken when the alleged 'voice' come through. I guess no investigator can 100% say NO without at least testing it… but yet again there is no 'gold standard' tests for these kind of things ….

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the problem is that they actively use radio interference. that in itself should discount such apps and devices considering they are polluting the audio environment with external signals. Really, I could claim saucepans can communicate with the dead ... does that mean everyone has to test every kind of saucepan just in case?

Yeah, the saucepan test was a waste of time! just kidding … from my point of view letting someone bring their apps thingy once is no harm so long as they (or anyone else) dont get distracted by it … but if it leads them to forsake it and get involved with what the rest of the team is doing the second and third time around .. great

• Advertisement

A huge thanks to the 8 at our meet-up last night. A good sign when people stay on for more than the hour … Next one will be scheduled for Monday 8 of June. Please pm for venue. See you there...

Open Meet-up 7:15pm tonight (Monday 8 June 2015). Discussing all things paranormal, location in Dublin.

Will be discussing our vigil in Carlow last Saturday night. Delighted as I got opportunity to interview a witness whose
    story was able to corroborate earlier experiences there.

Please PM me for venue….

Great to see 7 people at last night's meetup

Coffee morning Paranormal Meet-up tomorrow morning (Wed 10 June) at 10:15pm in Dublin city centre, pm me for venue..

Paranormal Meet up tonight in Dublin city centre(ish) at 7:15pm. Please PM me for details ...

Thanks for all those (5) who attended our Paranormal Meetup last night. Next one is Monday 22 June 2015. See you there ...

Next meetup, tomorrow 22 June Dublin city. Please pm me for location, see you there

Great to see 7 people at tonight's meet up. See you all again soon...

Next meet up is Monday 29 June 2015. Please PM for location.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder about tonight's paranormal meetup at 7:15pm in Dublin (1 hour) . Please PM me for location ..

Advertisement