Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it!!!

• 22-09-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I have decided to post a Fitness Log to keep me on track and hopefully spur me on. 5 years ago I used to be very fit and had a very healthy diet. Now 2 kids later with a very busy job and I'm finding it hard to get back to the good old days! I can't continue to blame the spare tyre on 'baby weight' as the last baby will soon be 3 :D.

Brief details:
    Age - 42
    Height - 5 7in
    Weight - 150.5lbs (as of this morning)
    Target -To get lean and toned and drop some weight in the process - ideal weight would be around 133lbs which I was previously.

The plan:

Workouts - Was a member of the gym but due to time / money restrictions have had to let that go for the moment. I just started the Turbo Fire dvds this week and am finding it both tough and enjoyable. Different classes every day (6 days a week) - cardio (based on kickboxing / dance), toning and sculpting (using body strength and resistance bands) and stretch (yoga based).

Diet - Currently following a 1,200 calorie a day plan and watching carbs, fat, protein, sodium etc. I find it very easy to follow during the week but the weekend it's a killer!

I hope to update this log every day but travel a lot with work so will do my best.

Here goes.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Workouts so far this week:

Monday: Fire 30 (cardio) and Stretch 10 - burned 449 cals!!!:). Very tough but loved it.

Tuesday: Rest day (6 day programme).

Wednesday: Stretch 40 - only 144 calories but felt very flexible afterwards!

Thursday: Tone 30 - 242 calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

I find it easier to stick to a low calorie diet if I get to have a cheat day at the weekend. No point in denying yourself nice things all of the time, it could lead to you ditching the diet altogether and binging.

Good luck with it!

Thanks Beffy,

Agree with that alright. Friday night is my cheat night - pizza and wine - although a bit less of the pizza than I used to have! Also have a few glasses on Sat night - couldn't survive without my wine :)

Fire 45 EZ done - 440 cals down and a major buzz - woohoo!!!

Core 20 & Stretch 10 done - only 113 calories but feel good after it. I have been following the 'Prep Schedule' which is a 9 week introduction to the real Turbo Fire so as to build the body up to deal with the HIIT workouts. It can be stopped at any stage so after a week of this I actually think I'm able to go with the real thing so will start that off Monday.

• Advertisement

Stretch 40 done - 145 calories. Not one of my favourites it has to be said. A lot of yoga moves in it. Still maybe I'll be able to bend in half soon :-)

Out sick today from work with very sore throat, headache and temp. Definitely not up to doing a workout today - I think I'd collapse! So will take today as my rest day this week and hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Fire 30 & Stretch 10 done - 428 calories gone forever :). Absolutely love the Fire Drills!!!!

HIIT 15 and Stretch 10 done and dusted. Really enjoyed the HIIT despite the intensity and the huge red face at the end. 294 calories - not bad for 25 mins as only 15 of those were cardio. I love this programme!!

Fire 30 & Stretch 10 done. 412 cals. Getting more used to the moves now and don't feel quite as much as an uncordinated elephant as I did at the start!:o

• Advertisement

Friday 30th - Stretch 40 - 142 calories.Today Sat 1st Oct - Fire 55EZ - 535 calories and still on a high 3 hours later!!

Fire 30 and Core 20 - abs will be sore after the latter. All good though and 413 calories used up.

Fire 45 done - very tired tonight and was tempted to make today my rest day. Did it though and down 401 calories. Was a step behind the class the whole time - not the most co-ordinated! Still I enjoyed it and did work hard. Abs sore today.

HIIT 20 and Stretch 10 completed - 169 calories. Hopefully the afterburn from the HIIT will carry on doing some good work too :-). Rest day tomorrow....

Rest day yesterday. HIIT 15 and Core 30 today - 349 calories. Feel great :)

Friday 7th Oct - Stretch 40 & Core 20 done - 167 cals.
    Sat 8th Oct - Fire 55 and a whopping 544 cals. Getting a bit more co-ordinated now too. Plan to do Fire 45 / Stretch 10 later today. Off to the beach first.

Fire 45 and Stretch 10 done - 487 calories down. Exhausted but on a high afterwards.

Fire 45EZ & Stretch 10 done - 423 calories. First time not doing the 'new to class' option (which breaks down the moves). Very proud of myself - I was able to do it (more or less!). A 25 minute HIIT workout tomorrow - bring it on!!

HIIT 25 & Stretch 10 completed - 238 calories. Still very red-faced 1 hour later!! Rest day tomorrow - will actually miss the buzz of a workout.

Tired today and was so tempted not to workout. But I did!! Fire 45EZ and Stretch 10 done - 368 calories down. Phew!!

• Advertisement

HIIT 15 & Core 30 done - 368 calories. Interesting doing HIIT with eyes still half closed!! I'm not a morning person :eek: but going out tonight so had to get it done. Buzzed now though :D

Sat 15 Oct - Core 20 / Stretch 40 done - 240 calories. Purchased new resistance band with handles yesterday which will make things a bit easier doing the strength training.

Sun 16 Oct - Fire 55EZ - 527 calories.

Due to do Fire 45 and Stretch 10 later.

Fire 45 & Stretch 10 - 358 calories. Getting better at the sumo burpees so delighted!!

HIIT 20 & Stretch 10 done. 200 calories.

Fire 45 & Stretch 10 this evening - 435 calories! Way more than on Monday - obviously tried a lot harder tonight!! Was supposed to be a rest day today but going to take it on Sunday instead. Off on business then for 5 days so will have to try and fit in workouts between meetings/lunches/dinners....Thinking of bringing dvds with me and doing some of the shorter workouts - only problem might be for the people in the room below when I'm doing burpees and jumps :-)

HIIT 20 and Core 30 completed. Used new resistance band and arms are still shaking!! 386 calories and hopefully still burning more from the HIIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

Well Methven have you noticed any results from the work you're putting in?

Hi Beffy,

Yes I am - slowly but surely. Started off at 10st 10 1/2lb. Now down to 10 7 1/4 lb so am quite happy with that. I tend to lose weight very very slowly - being over 40 doesn't help the old metabolism :p. So now I can officially say I have a stone to get rid of. Happy days! Main thing I have noticed is how my clothes are feeling on me - I' even fit into some of my size 10s again. Yipee :D. Plus I am absolutely loving Turbo Fire and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for asking!

Fri 21 Oct - Fire 55 - 473 calsSat 22 Oct - Stretch 40 & Core 20 - 220 calsWon't be logging in for a few days due to travel. Trick is now to eat as healthy as possible whilst wining & dining clients!!

• Advertisement

Hmmmm..... I naively thought I'd be able to do some workouts while away on business last week. Meetings beginning at 8am to 6.30pm then dinner and drinks til late put paid to that. Hardly had time to shower!! Still I walked loads and was very good on the food front so not too bad I suppose. Off the plane then down the country for the weekend, back up to Dublin yesterday and launched into Halloween activities. Work late today. Sometimes life interrupts. So anyway will start back again tomorrow. Actually looking forward to it!!

Advertisement