Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

pat should win....but hes in bressies group with conor...n conor seems to get the votes...know pat n hes d nicest fella ya wud ever meet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

How do they pick 4 next week, will Pat be against Conor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

yeah either pat or conor will be in d final

• Advertisement

txt vote next week and the final week its itunes downlands and txt vote

Was dissapointed with Kian tonight, when he picked Liam over Graham Dowling a few weeks ago and then to get rid of him was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Another night of The voice,really showing the NO Voices.Kim and Brendan defo out,Alan,should be too.Shame keira had to go,shes got a good voice and personality too.

can sing:Ritchie Sharon Vanessa Pat cant: sing the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saddo1

Alan's "if you're not the one" was clearly dedicated to Brian. The two of them were almost in tears afterwards.

Then Brian saves Alan for a third time without even dignifying Brendan Keeley with an explanation!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sebroc

Vanessa, Conor, Richie and Sharon for the final!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Who got eliminated? Bloody recorder failed to record.

Brendan, Liam, Kevin and Kiera sent home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Sharon Corr fakes sincerity very well. She'll go a long way. Brendan Keeley will still be making a living from music long after all the rest of these are cast aside and forgotten. The likes of the other rejects like Emma Wigglesbum should have signed up for Operation Transformation instead, especially since she made a major play out of being an over weight ugly duckling type, trying to milk the sympathy vote and buttering her bread on both sides by claiming she was eliminated because of her weight and looks. You can't have it both ways! A bully, standing in the wrong place, projecting her own insecurities onto others, eliminated as a has been a couple of months ago. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Meanwhile the mobile phone company and Katherine, and the judges will go home to count their money from this show. That's show business folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Okocim wrote: »
    Sharon Corr fakes sincerity very well. She'll go a long way. Brendan Keeley will still be making a living from music long after all the rest of these are cast aside and forgotten. The likes of the other rejects like Emma Wigglesbum should have signed up for Operation Transformation instead, especially since she made a major play out of being an over weight ugly duckling type, trying to milk the sympathy vote and buttering her bread on both sides by claiming she was eliminated because of her weight and looks. You can't have it both ways! A bully, standing in the wrong place, projecting her own insecurities onto others, eliminated as a has been a couple of months ago. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Meanwhile the mobile phone company and Katherine, and the judges will go home to count their money from this show. That's show business folks!
    What the fcuk are you on about, are you on medication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

not yet wrote: »
    What the fcuk are you on about, are you on medication

Reality. Truth. Realism. The truth. take your pick. Those without a vested interest in this charade know I'm right. This is nothing more than a way for a text voting company to make money, judges and presenter to promote themselves and loser wannabees to get exploited by the afore mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Well now... - I just watch it for the fun of it anyway, never mind all the money making and all that behind it. It's enjoyable! This show has a good format for a singing competition. It's grand craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

justbored wrote: »

It is a shame that both cant make the final they are the most talented out of all the contestants :( it should down to the public votes now and not the mentors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is a shame that both cant make the final they are the most talented out of all the contestants :( it should down to the public votes now and not the mentors

Having four separate competitions (until the final) does cut down on the bitchiness between the coaches, and leads to more constructive comments from them. But as you said, it will mean the Final won't include at least one of the best Singers. It's a shame.

Jim reminds me of Mark from Westlife only not as good a singer :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

They need to bring their voting system on to Tubridy's show tomorrow and let the audience choose who to vote off Tubridy or Fanning..

Wow, u gotta weird obsession with Tubridy, have to bring in to every thread...strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I didnt know that the judges vote on their own acts all the way to the final

Next week will be a weird one, as its somehow based based 50/50 on public votes + judges decision

The final will be one act for each judge, so Vanessa is in the final! Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

jluv wrote: »
    Vanessa,Pat,Conor and Richie for final
    Oops!My bad..But it is a pity Pat and Conor can't both be there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Heard Brendan Keeley on the radio today. He is not happy with Brian's decision and said that he sang better than Alan and deserved to stay.

To be fair, I agree with him, Alan was brutal and is obviously not getting the public support.

Yeah he said Alan had been in the bottom 2 now for the third week running and that was his first time. He has a point and and did sing better than him but you cant beat Bromance.

Will have to look at the format for next year, again a shame for either Pat or Conor to not be in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Someone should go on and sing a Blizzards song. "The next song I am going to sing is by a band who flopped after the second album, owe a load of money to the label, singer tried to launch a solo career...."
    Oh wait, that's you, the ex singer of the blizzards judging me???
    I'm sure Mr. B is a nice bloke, and he comes across as a nice bloke, but anyone who thinks this show is benefiting anyone other than RTE and the judges needs a reality check.

"Win a chance to get a major record deal". Do you honestly believe that record labels in this day and age, just hand over a big ball of cash, and expect nothing back out of it? Number one, they will want to earn back what they pumped in for recordings and marketing, so if they put in €250,000 , they will be making back €250,000 to break even, then the artist/singer might start to make some money....... If they don't make it back, then the artist/singer is dropped. Next.

That's what happened to the Blizzards, that's what happened loads of bands since then as well. That's what happened Shane Ward etc.
    People have this illusion that a huge record deal is the answer to all their dreams. Yeah, it gives them a platform, but that's no guarantee to anything. The bigger the deal signed, the more money is owed back to the record company. Simple as.

I don't really have any interest in the show, as it's not my thing. What I saw of it was ok, but not my thing, and best of luck to those that are left, and best of luck to the "judges" boosting their profiles.......:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

lizt wrote: »
    Heard Brendan Keeley on the radio today. He is not happy with Brian's decision and said that he sang better than Alan and deserved to stay.

To be fair, I agree with him, Alan was brutal and is obviously not getting the public support.
    I agree with this two. Alan has not deserved to be there for a while now. This time the public didn't lie.

Bressie should take his acts on tour with him (mainly the final three) like Brian Kennedy is doing

eternal wrote: »
    I agree with this two. Alan has not deserved to be there for a while now. This time the public didn't lie.

I understand that Brendan isn't happy but watching the youtube clip of the interview on RTE yesterday he behaved like a spoilt child who didn't get his way, it was an appalling way for a man of his age to act! Kevin, on the other hand, was very gracious in defeat & that was Sharon's second time to save Kim!

Brian made no secret of the fact that Brendan isn't happy and even said they'd had a fight in the corridor before going on air :eek:

I think on Sunday night the person with the lowest votes alone should have went home & the judges should've played no part in it! I presume that's how it's going to be done this week.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sebroc wrote: »
    I understand that Brendan isn't happy but watching the youtube clip of the interview on RTE yesterday he behaved like a spoilt child who didn't get his way, it was an appalling way for a man of his age to act! Kevin, on the other hand, was very gracious in defeat & that was Sharon's second time to save Kim!

Brian made no secret of the fact that Brendan isn't happy and even said they'd had a fight in the corridor before going on air :eek:

I think on Sunday night the person with the lowest votes alone should have went home & the judges should've played no part in it! I presume that's how it's going to be done this week.....?

Not going by the US version of the show

Final Four are announced based on a mix of public vote and voting of coaches. Both carried equal weight of 100 points for a total of 200 points. The coaches delivered their points in closed envelopes at the end of the live semi-final round. After counting of the public votes and adding the coaches', the Final 4 are announced.

The format is IMO very unfair. But as pointed out often singers don't use such shows as a platform to start their career, and just for get about the competition. If Brendan isn't happy, he should have realized that this is his second chance at a career and that this gave him an opportunity to be heard again.

Any link to the interview?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement