Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Your Gear (PICTURES ONLY)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

My baby! :D

1984 Aria Pro II SB Black N' Gold I

fTY9bxU.jpg

RPWonCj.jpg

I did a full resto on it back in February. It hadn't been played in many years as the pickup broke, and some parts were missing.The paint was a state also. I polished it by hand, and with a stew mac buffing attachment on my powerdrill using their colortone compounds.

Here's the album link with other pictures of the progress.
    http://imgur.com/a/3XqVa

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I picked this up recently. I knew I was doomed once I saw an Ibanez guitar with an unusual colour-scheme, body shape and string count. Enter this Ibanez XPT707FX with Di Marzio pickups, neck-thru construction and a ridiculously thin neck. I thought the K7 had a thin neck but this thing takes it to another level altogether.

Damn you GAS. Damn you to hell!

5XTyDA.jpg

7Z8UR7.jpg

5G3Qm5.jpg

6i97mm.jpg

52T98V.jpg

635nG6.jpg

Bad picture but I thought I'd post it anyways. :P

wFChnn1.jpg

From left to right

SB Black N' Gold I (1984)
    SB-1000CB (2007 AFAIK)
    SB Elite II (late 80's)

EDIT: They're all Aria Pro II's. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Here's my baby. i'm relatively new to the guitar. had a junk starter guitar and decided to get something decent so got this off a lad on Adverts practically new. Its a TW170 AS-CE
    Is it normal to be so attached to a guitar??:o:D

21br8jn.jpg

29kumux.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My lovely girlfriend just gave me this to learn on. Haven't touched a guitar in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i just got myself a secondhand Blackstar Amp (Blackstar HT-5R) so in love :)

20140427_180950_zps8ae9784e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It finally happened yesterday...

SGl0LrW.jpg

Not a new bass, but new pic. I have a new bass somewhere in this mass of cases though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Really hope this begins a new pages cos if not this is the third new bass I've put up on this one!

But anyways, behold!
    h8cY3cX.jpg
    B1RIG9S.jpg

Tis an ACG Graft J type bass. Quite unique as it's the only one he's done with a Dirty Ash finish, and he won't do another unless it's for a more expensive custom bass. Sounds beastly with the single coil bridge and split coil in the neck. Volume, tone and then a 4 way rotary switch Neck/Both in series/Both parallel/Bridge.

Such a beautiful instrument and so many cool features (asymmetrical neck!). Here it is with the rest of it's new brothers and sisters.
    HP31xYf.jpg

C1rYOF1.jpg

3pXZhLv.jpg

Not a new bass, but reinvented.

:pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

My Rickenbacker 660:

IMG_20140611_095605472_zps8b20eb91.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Just thought I'd share
    image_zps1f72f66b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Lovely deal.
    2007 Suhr Classic T Custom Build

Suhr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

2008 American Standard Strat. Modified with a Hipshot bridge, locking tuners and Dimarzio Area 67 pickups:

image.png

2013 FSR Surf Green American Standard Strat. Modified with a Hipshot bridge, locking tuners and a set of Bare Knuckle Humbuckers:

image.png

Light relic Strat. Custom one piece nitro finished body paired with a 2008 American Standard neck:

image.png

Originally a sunburst American Standard Tele, I didn't like the original 3 piece mismatched body so I sold it on Ebay and bought a bound candy apple red body to replace it. Pickups are a set of Wilde noiseless pickups which are phenomenal for the price:

image.png

Originally a sunburst Fender Baja Tele. Body was routed for a set of Bare Knuckle humbuckers and the neck was replaced with a Warmoth Pro solid rosewood neck with a 12-16" compound radius:

image.png

Gibson Midown Custom:

image.png

Taylor 214 Deluxe:

image.png

Laka Ukulele:

image.png

And all of this (bar the acoustic instruments) goes into my amazing Axe FX II:

axe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Very lucky score. Just got a big sister for my Suhr Classi T
    Picked up a 1997 Suhr classic T Strat with Bare Knuckles "Irish Tour" Pickups. This is a real nice guitar.
    Interesting to see has the classic's white has turned colour over time. Going to have to wait 10 years before I have a matching pair
    SuhrTwins.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

This my trio.. I'm thinking of selling the amp but I've no idea what it's worth.. It's a peavey backstage 110 from the 80s I think.. (Don't worry not an ad)

From left to right: Martin D16GT, Fender MIM Strat, Guild D-150CENAT

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Here we have a bit of DIY going on

The amp is a 5 watt marshall superlead ,It uses the chassis and transformers form an Epi Valve Junior
    Apart from the valve junior and speaker It cost about €100 in total
    I finished building it late last night & fired it up tonight , A little nervous to say the least but everything went according to plan
    I also have the option of turning it into a jcm 800 :D

I ordered the pcb from here http://www.guitaramplifierpcbs.com/PlexiSE.html
    Components & everything else I ordered from tubetown.de

The TV yellow Telepaul I built just before christmas
    Made from an old bar table at least 40 years old I borrowed from my Fathers Pub
    Everything is new but aged everything to make it look as old as the timber
    Pickups are Iron gear Steel Twin 2 and a 70s Super Distortion

16274147695_3537c0aebc_b.jpg

15654272313_1e8307102f_b.jpg

16274125585_d3460aeb59_b.jpg

16272356211_aa484c57b0_b.jpg

And of course my 92 Standard & Billie Joe Junior
    The Standard Has the most amazing grain on the back and is an absolute beast to play

16273319412_1686e33318_b.jpg

8539852157_dede0e6bdf_b.jpg

7003538047_b3ac69b88f_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Some mods and updates:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3377
    Fender Modern Player Marauder - Tusq XL nut, WD Red Tort pickguard, Fender Pure Vintage Witch Hat Knobs, White pickup covers, Jokomo inlay stickers, Stewmac Mustang bridge and tremolo (this replaces the original Strat bridge the guitar came with).

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3380
    Fender MIM Standard Telecaster - Fender Blacktop Tele neck, vintage tuners, Fender vintage tele 3 saddle bridge, Wilkinson Compensated Tele Saddles

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3383
    Some Japanese P-Bass - All Fender bits, Mighty Mite fretless P Bass neck, Fender nylon tapewound strings

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3386
    Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI - SneakyT Tort guard, Staytrem bridge, Tele knobs, Fender headstock decal for the laugh. Circle K strings tuned B-b

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3389
    Electric Loog - re-stringed EAD (they come GBe)

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3392
    Blues

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3395
    Sunbursts

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3398
    Everyone

Here's most of my collection:

First up is my Floyd Rose Stratocaster (MIM FR Plus Top body with an American Standard neck that's been modified with a locking nut)

WB8mVos.jpg

My Blonde Tele (Baja body, American Standard neck)

75hDm8g.jpg

American Standard Strat with a Hipshot trem:

qnDuZhy.jpg

Gibson Midtown Custom with a Fender Blues Deluxe:

xgZImG6.png

My Jazzbronita (Warmoth rosewood neck, Rosser body, TV Jones T-90 pickup)

jk3IdXa.png

My Esquire:

Akk6K1A.jpg

My HH Tele (Modified Baja body, American Standard Neck):

6TWxH2W.jpg

My Taylor 214 Deluxe

CI1dnJW.jpg

My Axe FX II

Uk7AlIh.jpg

Not pictured is my Surf Green American Standard Strat and my EVH 5150III amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just thought I would share guitar no 26 to the collection (its getting out of hand now!)

Its a 91 MIM Strat, Lake Placid Blue.

Havent put it down since I got it, delighted! Could well be my favourite :)

Strat_zpsxvtz4q12.jpg

Strat3_zpsnvjwfm5u.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

One other from the collection, unusual NJ Series BC Rich Warlock, with Floyd Rose Speedloader.

Love this one, both the colour, and the playing. :)

NJ%20Warlock_zpsrkpn4lot.jpg

NJ%20Warlock2_zpsap2imxjo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Yet to find a colour I like more than my fender.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/564919/349913.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This sexy bitch is finally mine! Classic Ray, in trans Blue.
    http://i.imgur.com/61FRHcv.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/meY14C1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/J8jvq6D.jpg

Its gone very quiet around here and been a while since anybody has posted any gear, long enough for me to build a few.
    I think you've seen this one before , It has evolved into this.
    Its built out of a very old mahogany bar table & fitted with a Zhangbucker Alnico 2 P 90

29183055902_09500b0122_k.jpg

This one is a cross between a 72 deluxe and a Peavey T-60
    I made the body from poplar, the same used by peavey and its fitted with T-60 pickups and Wiring, the most versatile guitar of them all
    28672889684_adfb3a1151_k.jpg

The next one is inspired by Billy Gibbons. I ve always wanted one but would never pay that much for a guitar so this is my take on it.
    Made with Poplar again & fitted with Irongear pickups

28673063524_0f0e8f3b54_k.jpg

28673074394_685b484181_k.jpg

And heres what Im working on at the minute, I've always wanted a Double cut LP but they dont make them anymore

Its made with the other half of the Bar table and capped with Poplar
    The pickups are Jess Loureiro hand wound P-90s

28774355086_ff91779594_k.jpg
    28805089815_96de81bcea_k.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Some creations of mine made from Hurleys and a collection of mandolin and ukulele parts. Tuned GDAE and great craic to play.

395603.jpg

395604.jpg

395605.jpg

395606.jpg

Might as well join in the fun!

Got this earlier in the year for my birthday. It's a 2004 "Crafted in Japan" Fender JB62FL Fretless Jazz. Seems to be rare enough in all black. My googlefu returned that they were only in the catalog for one year (2005) in black. Normally they come in sunburst ala Jaco Pastorius. Hence, this one has been christened the not so PC name of "Blaco"! :pac:

Ux9Lh5i.jpg

0Um11tv.jpg

Bad picture, but here's my #1 now. It's a jazz I put together several years ago. I think the original thread is here.
    It's now wired Vol/Vol/Tone with a push/pull on the neck volume that runs the pickups in series. The sound is insane. If you have a jazz bass, series wiring is a must!

IsrPTgS.jpg
    Pickups in parallel (usual Jazz wiring)

YkT9QYq.jpg
    Pickups in series

Nice to see people posting in this thread again. Here's my updated setup:

07BqDA5.jpg

Axe FX II & EVH 5150 III

sHJN3EL.jpg

Morningstar Engineer MC6+ MIDI controller, ISP Decimator, Keeley Modded TS-9, TC Bodyrez, TC Polytune, Crybaby Mini, 2 x Hotone Soulpress expression pedals & a Whammy V

VY5TQRK.jpg

Two American Elite Stratocasters, Gibson Midtown Custom and a Tele with a Baja body and a American Standard neck. Amp is a Fender Blues Deluxe Reverb RI.

olpTl86.jpg

Taylor 214 Deluxe and my Ukes.

Heres a 5 watt Marshall Superlead I built recently

17050221190_6c01f150df_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

YpaaUFkh.jpg

Advertisement