Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Find out history of land boundary changes.

Options
  • 01-10-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I am lookng to see when the boundary's of some land adjacent to land which I have acquired changed before.

Is there any way I can check when the boundary changed? Who sold the land to who? I have purchased the land folio of the relevant piece of land from landdirect.ie and am hoping to do a little bit more research on this specifically at which point did a long thin strip of land change so that it became a thicker but shorter strip.

Regards,
    E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I had reason to agree a boundary change a number of years back. Basically the boundary on one side between us was like a bad road. We agreed between us to straighten the boundary, I gained in the middle the neighbour gained at each end.
    We had to get the Architect to draw up the new Boundaries on Maps and submitted to land registry for amending their records. It took a while about a year in total but all went through ok.
    In your case the problem could be that if a transfer did take place it could be sitting in a file in some solicitors office waiting to be submitted to land registry. I've heard stories where this has happened before. you could try checking some of the local professionals but it a long shot.
    Alternatively put up a Planning notice on it and I'm pretty sure someone will come forward to claim it. Then you can get some answers to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EwEw

I know exactly who owns the spot of land at the moment.
    I am just in a spot of disbelief about one of the borders and am having trouble believing that its correct, I would just rather find out from records how this happened than going asking when I mightn't even get the answer.
    I've emailed the PRAI and they asked for the folio number and didn't say much else yet, just waiting to hear back from them now.

Advertisement