Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ailwee caves for 2/3 year old

• 23-09-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Looking for a day out at weekend. My son is 3 at Christmas (just giving age) and I was wondering is there much point bringing him to the caves or would he bored stiff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I'd say he might be bored stiff since he can't run around and explore.

The birds of prey centre near the caves on the other hand might be more interesting for a little one.

But then it always depends on the personality. When my nephew was a 3yo his greatest delight was tidiying things up around the grown-ups... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think he might be a bit young to get anything out of the caves and he may even find it a little scary.

How about Moher Hill Farm outside Liscannor and than on to the beach in Lahinch? Toddlers usually love the sensory input they get from playing with sand.

http://www.moherfarm.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Carry wrote: »
    I'd say he might be bored stiff since he can't run around and explore.

The birds of prey centre near the caves on the other hand might be more interesting for a little one.

But then it always depends on the personality. When my nephew was a 3yo his greatest delight was tidiying things up around the grown-ups... :rolleyes:

My then-GF and I took her 3yo & 7yo to Dromoland School of Falconry last year.
    Both were really too young to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Book NOW(if not too late) foe the Santa visit in Ailwee caves.
    We did it years ago when kids little and it was simply brilliant.
    You visit as a group down into the caves, singing carols together and Santa is waiting in a grotto for a group visit and he somehow know everything about every child that is called to talk to him .
    Ring tomorrow to see if still available, dont put on long finger as sells out before end sept or oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Sorry, meant say incorporate birthday with Santa visit, but I see now you looking at this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

My then-GF and I took her 3yo & 7yo to Dromoland School of Falconry last year.
    Both were really too young to get the best out of it.

I'd say that there is quite a difference between the two. The Birds Of Prey display changes the birds used each time. Took one of my kids when he was 4 and he loved it. The birds would not be domesticated to the extent that the falconry school ones are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Good god we went to the caves one Christmas to see Santa. Frozen all day , told to arrive way early , saw the birds which was great but the crowds make it a thoroughly frustrating day, couldn't get a table in the restaurant even. Avoid unless they are 7 or 8.

Went to the ImEco Farm in Clarecastle last year and it was great, small crowds, animals , spin on a quad and trailer and Santa perfect.

Otherwise it is a great place to visit during the year , we brought our fella up when he was 31/2 or so I'd say and he loved it.

Advertisement