Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is planning permissiion required to move door/window

• 20-08-2014 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I need to move an external front door and window to a different position and enquiring if I need planning permission to do so. If the answer is yes what is the procedure with the planning authorities and cost involved in doing so. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Probably best to go to discuss this with your local planning authority. They can advise you best, but you may need a set of drawings to present the proposal. The planners may even request you submit a Section 5 application, to see if it is considered exempt development. You could hire a professional consultant such as a Building Surveyor or an architectural consultant to review the matter for you and liaise with the planning authority. The professional consultant can also advise on total costs including their fee.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 linema81

Hi

You do require planning premision if the main entrace would change regards the state or street as your neighbours, if it would remain the same design and keep the same style you do not require.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

linema81 wrote: »
    Hi

You do require planning premision if the main entrace would change regards the state or street as your neighbours, if it would remain the same design and keep the same style you do not require.

hi i am moving the door where the window is currently and the window where the door is currently. from what you say i dont require planni g permission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

linema81 wrote: »
    Hi

hi i am moving the door where the window is currently and the window where the door is currently. from what you say i dont require planni g permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 linema81

Hi there

yes in this case you will be required planning premision as you moving entrance and it would chage state and view of the house. You need to submit drawing and plans to planning permision depends on the side of the entrance they would advise the rates or you can check at your local council website in planning premision section

regards
    L

• Advertisement
Advertisement