Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIBBF Spring Classic 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

I train with a body fitness girl and she works HARD, tough as nails, but yeah bikini is a joke, how do they even judge it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

she looks well but yeah i don't get bikini category either
    not enough muscle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

Yep, she must put in a lot of effort to gain such a flat big ass , omg, people wake the hell pu with that effort tales... it is a shame nothing else... and she won it too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Who's that in the pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Lads, you've made your point about the RIBBF.

I don't think the sneering at individuals is necessary.

• Advertisement

The winner hahahahaha look at irishmuscle.ie you will find out yourself...

It just makes me lol when I heard or read "they put a lot of effort into ..." haha lol. I saw one girl, who trained in some gym in town, she bled from her nose when doing heavy deadlifts and never stopped. That was an effort, no make up, no nails or talk in the gym at all. I think she won Miss Ireland 2010, then saw her once in Nabba 2012, but I am not too sure. But when I see those dolls training and then they say they train hard 40minutes talk in the gym then ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think we get it kult. No need to keep going on about it.

I believe and I am sure we all get it however I read that someone said they put hard work and effort into that so they can present flat huge ass on stage, so maybe we don't all get it just yet. I hope that one of the "stars" will read it too and come down from the skies to the ground and start realizing that they pull irish bb down to the dogs with shapes they represent. Also with the RIBBF... it is a shame that's all. I am disgusted with organisation and competitiors ( not all of them ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Look, they still go to the gym and still diet. More than 90% of the population. You don't need to be so vicious in your attacks, it just makes you come across bitter.

• Advertisement

That's not bikini that's body fitness, That's Silvia, I can tell you right now that girl trains hard

Yep, I saw her training man. Her ass can tell you she does a lot of diet and legs work.... Sorry but if she did train hard she would have looked a lot better. That's my opinion. + if it a body fitness then it is even worse for her, body fitness, asking where is it on the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Kult will you drop it, like seriously. Regardless if what you say, they still burst there balls to get into shape for those shows, whether you agree with it or not, that's subjective but going on and on about some girls ass 'not knowing dieting' is just being an ass.

You don't know how hard each and everyone one of them trained and dieted, you're just speculating.

We all agreed that the RIBBF is a joke and people who won shouldn't have BUT you can't take away the hard work and prep they put themselves, their familes etc... through.

Ok, I will drop it, but do not tell that they train hard diet etc because if they did they would look different on the stage and that lady S who won it, did not represent hard work and diet and you must agree with that. I would not go on stage in that shape. I actually know how "hard and dieting they did" I have been doing it for 15 years and trained with some pros too...That is the reason why I have this kind of opinion, training hard and dieting gives results, always. No magic , you know yourself, all hard work.

Europeans in a few weeks too, should be interesting

Hopefully!!!!:) I can't wait for NABBA this year, it is always nice and worth taking day off from work and paying for the ticket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

kult wrote: »
    Ok, I will drop it, but do not tell that they train hard diet etc because if they did they would look different on the stage and that lady S who won it, did not represent hard work and diet and you must agree with that. I would not go on stage in that shape. I actually know how "hard and dieting they did" I have been doing it for 15 years and trained with some pros too...That is the reason why I have this kind of opinion, training hard and dieting gives results, always. No magic , you know yourself, all hard work.

Yeah that's all well and good, you're great!

Just because someone doesn't look awesome doesn't mean they didn't put in hard work. Things could have gone wrong in prep, they might have missed some macros, days training etc.. They're human beings, they have day jobs, families. Things can't always go 100% right.

Yeah can't wait for NABBA nationals, friend of mine competing in Novice, he's gonna be in serious nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think Tallafornia girl looks cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

The lighting at this show was a sick joke, really poor sports-hall "natural" lighting, the competitors looked better backstage. You can't objectively judge someones physique solely on the stage pics from this years Spring Classic...

Can't wait for Nabba too. Paul Byrne really knows how to run a show. He should host a proper Nabba Spring show, or even Summer show in Dublin. It'd be very popular I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've just had to delete 10 posts from this thread - if anyone else makes any defamatory comments, they will be carded. If you see something like that, please report it, don't respond. As always, if you want to ask/talk about it, do it by PM. Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DublinGuy1976

ive heard stories that bodybuilders do private posing sessions to make money on the side. muscle worship stuff. has anyone ever done this? heard about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Yeah nail on the head, the money they make at those shows too and they present it like that.

Can't wait for the NABBA nationals now.
    I hear the worlds are sold out

The Worlds are not sold out - hopefully will be but afaik not even all the tickets have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Not read all the thread - did I miss much? :)

On ladies - the criteria in RIBBF is similar but still different to the same categories in the UKBFF.

NABBA then has it's own set of guidelines.

I was told about some of it and quite frankly a lot of the ladies are confused about how they should look - there is crossover between the classes which makes it even more difficult.

EG is a good Bikini Fitness competitor going to be classed as Body Fitness on the day etc. and so on?

They are trying to adapt their bodies to suit the rules of the federation which is hard imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

is there any shows coming up soon in Ireland?

guile4582 wrote: »
    is there any shows coming up soon in Ireland?

NABBA Nationals in Oct

cool, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

There are also the Ribbf Nationals, Fitex and the NBFI Natural Show, all taking place during the September-October period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think Tallafornia girl looks cracking.

She most certainly does. Had to be a lot of work to get to that stage. Fair play.

• Advertisement

She most certainly does. Had to be a lot of work to get to that stage. Fair play.

exactly. any girl who is into building a bit of muscle is always alright in my book.

Advertisement