Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[SC] New 'Alien Investigation' Programme on C4

• 03-12-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I watched this last night and, bar wanting to shake some sense into some of the people, I thought that it was pretty good. Scientific analyses were done by vets and zoologists to identify the 'alien' creatures, and n'ere a verdict of "it's an alien" was given.

Of course, even after the DNA tests and skeletal comparisons had shown it was, for example, a monkey people still 'knew' it was an alien. I really had to laugh at one guy who was told the results of veterinary examination showed it was a mundane animal, but still insisted that, as a journalist, he knew that it was a genuine alien. They didn't ask him how a degree in journalism gave him a greater insight into animal physiology than a vet, unfortunately. I'd have loved to hear his answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

fair dues to ye. I wouldnt even bother watching an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OH vetted the first bit for Kylith Angering Likelyhood and pronounced it 'laughable' rather than 'telly smashing', so I knew it wouldn't be too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Is this the tiny skeleten they found? LOL. The size of the head is the biggest clue, i mean a brain that size able to produce technology to fly light years to here? :rolleyes: LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Is this the tiny skeleten they found? LOL. The size of the head is the biggest clue, i mean a brain that size able to produce technology to fly light years to here? :rolleyes: LOL

How much of the brain does a humanoid use, maybe the aliens are very efficient and can fly and the other stuff you mention.

How much of the brain does a humanoid use, maybe the aliens are very efficient and can fly and the other stuff you mention.

All of it. You use all your brain. It's a myth that we only use 10% of it. 10% at a time, maybe, but the whole thing gets used, otherwise we wouldn't have it.

And the alien turned out to be a marmoset. How anyone could look at it and think anything other than 'small monkey' I have no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kylith wrote: »
    All of it. You use all your brain. It's a myth that we only use 10% of it. 10% at a time, maybe, but the whole thing gets used, otherwise we wouldn't have it.

And the alien turned out to be a marmoset. How anyone could look at it and think anything other than 'small monkey' I have no idea.

You win.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

is it anywhere online?

It could be on 4oD, but since it was on ages ago I don't know.

It's also possible that if you were a naughty person who downloaded things you could find it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

kylith wrote: »
    It could be on 4oD, but since it was on ages ago I don't know.

It's also possible that if you were a naughty person who downloaded things you could find it that way.
    if i were a naughty person i would have looked and found it is not available

Advertisement