Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Esso silly air charge at Palmestown, Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I noticed Esso at Deerpark Roundabout in Carlow have started doing this too.

But there's a Maxol garage 1 minute away that still gives free air.

Guess where I'll be spending my money every time I need a refill then. So whose really the loser. Me or Esso?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Guess where I'll be spending my money every time I need a refill then.
    The one which is cheaper overall? This would make sense to me but I worry it is not your plan.
    So whose really the loser. Me or Esso?
    you might be the loser if you blindly boycott a place which is in fact cheaper.

Their petrol prices are always the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Their petrol prices are always the exact same.
    If that is true I would go to the one which is the best value, which is not just simply based on the price per litre, as you said one is "1 minute away" so there is time, convenience, petrol money etc involved in determining the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

They have also start charging for air in Drogheda.
    I also notice huge price difference in diesel between Drogheda and Carlow. 3c a litre difference.

I always used Esso, wont be anymore.
    The same reason I don't use Applegreen, they don't provide the plastic gloves at diesel pumps.

They know also lose the newspaper and coffee sales.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    If that is true I would go to the one which is the best value, which is not just simply based on the price per litre, as you said one is "1 minute away" so there is time, convenience, petrol money etc involved in determining the best value.

Irrelevant! I pass by both of them at least twice a day!

Advertisement