Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Barber in Limerick II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Defoman

CiaranMT wrote: »
    My question is somewhat related to this thread, where can one find pomade in Limerick?
    Modern man

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

i was in figaros today and got a great haircut (normally go to goodfellas which are also good).

i seen a new barbers at the top of William St. New York Barbers monday-thursday 8€ is a cheap,is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Will a barber shave your head completely bald with a cut throat razor and how much will this cost about?
    Whatever about the best there is no doubt that there are far too many barbers in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

need haircut,any good place in limerick that is good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sonye wrote: »
    need haircut,any good place in limerick that is good.

Read this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Read this thread?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Just back from Johnny's in Castletroy. Usually go to Figaro but he's a good bit cheaper, got the same quality cut for €16, it looks great. He knows his stuff and there's good banter in there with the lads. He told me to add him on Twitter, it's https://twitter.com/JohnnytheBaBa for anyone who's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I'd go for either JC's or DaVinci's - never had a problem with either

You'd have to pay me to go to Modern Man again - terrible service

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ger russel 1

RVN10 wrote: »
    Got to hand it to Stephen In Ali Barbers again today , as per usual gives a great haircut and got a voucher for money off a haircut in September

Used to go to Stephen in there myself untill i discovered he is actually gone about 2 weeks ago..... Pretty sure i saw him havin a smoke outside modern man sometime last week tho so maybe he is there now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Defoman wrote: »
    Modern man

It's worth going in for the conversations with the youngfellas working there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

I was at Johnnys there last week, got one of the best haircuts iv had in years, the lads workin there seem sound enough and I will be back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ger indeed your right Stephen is working a couple days a week in modern man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the recommendations that were made for the raheen dooradoyle area are pretty dated now, and from reading the thread it seems the main recommendation may no longer be in the area but moved out to caherdavin..

so, any current recommendations in teh dooradoyle raheen area? Working in the ind estate and my usual place has decided to close down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

mossym wrote: »
    the recommendations that were made for the raheen dooradoyle area are pretty dated now, and from reading the thread it seems the main recommendation may no longer be in the area but moved out to caherdavin..

so, any current recommendations in teh dooradoyle raheen area? Working in the ind estate and my usual place has decided to close down

Where was your usual place, Goodfellas The Gentry is/was nearest, but 18euro.
    Barberellos - couldn't listen to one of the people working there, but that was ages ago. They weren't far off goodfellas pricewise the last time I was there.

Got a grand haircut in town yesterday for 10euro. The clientele made it look like a queue for the methadone clinic though. I won't name names, not the business's fault.

langdang wrote: »
    Where was your usual place, goodfellas is/was nearest, but 18euro.
    Barberellos - couldn't listen to one of the people working there, but that was ages ago. They weren't far off goodfellas pricewise the last time I was there.

Got a grand haircut in town yesterday for 10euro. The clientele made it look like a queue for the methadone clinic though. I won't name names, not the business's fault.

place i went to was out where i live in Killaloe. looking for somewhere closer to work as might be easier stop in on the evenings

Goodfellas The Gentry handiest for ya so, if you don't mind 18euro. I never had reason to fault them, although my style needs wouldn't be exactly be pushing any barber to the limit like.. :D

Lack of parking counts against barberellos imo.

There is a new place in the crescent near Connollys. No idea of price etc.

great, cheers for that

I'm a dope - the name of the place I was thinking of is the Gentry. They just have their signs done in that "Godfather" font so I keep calling them Goodfellas. Goodfellas is in the town, never been there.

It's the Gentry, over the spar in ballycummin, that I was saying is closest.
    I'll just go back there and edit my posts :o

langdang wrote: »
    I'm a dope - the name of the place I was thinking of is the Gentry. They just have their signs done in that "Godfather" font so I keep calling them Goodfellas. Goodfellas is in the town, never been there.

It's the Gentry, over the spar in ballycummin, that I was saying is closest.
    I'll just go back there and edit my posts :o

goodfellas seems to be at ballinacurra gardens as well, that shopping center at the childers road juntion with ballinacurra road, i thought that was where you meant when i googled it...

is there two goodfellas in town so?

• Advertisement

They even have a horse outside
    http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/real-horse-outside-limerick-rubberbandits-569773-Aug2012/
    horseout-2-379x500.jpg

But yeah, they have (had?) a place in town too - up Foxes Bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Just back from Johnny's in Castletroy. Usually go to Figaro but he's a good bit cheaper, got the same quality cut for €16, it looks great. He knows his stuff and there's good banter in there with the lads. He told me to add him on Twitter, it's https://twitter.com/JohnnytheBaBa for anyone who's interested.

Just want to reiterate this place guys.

Got a very dodgy cut from a place in town (from a usually reliable place) and on way back into work decided to pop into Johnny's to see if they could fix it. They did and for no charge (only wanted me to mention them on twitter which I made sure I did) - needless to say they will be getting my money from now on.

As mentioned above, the lads seem to have good craic in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

alan1990 wrote: »
    JC's....James Corless, he used to work in Blades on Thomas Street/Foxes Bow afaik, got my haircut there once, very tidy job!!

Anyone seen Dave Gillespie around these days?

I used to get my haircut off him in blades, always done a tidy job. I would only go to him or the turkish fella whose name I always forget. Both really nice guys and very good at their job! I might consider trying James's place out in Caherdavin, even though its the other side of town for me but looks far more reasonable than Blades, which is 18 euro a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is it me or is there an increase in barber shops in the last year or so in Limerick? How do they all make any money out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Dave Gillespie working in Goodfellas in foxes bow/or by punches , still for me the best barber to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

Anybody recommend a good place in Limerick city? Figaro's at 22e seems verrrrrrry dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

DR.Magoo wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a good place in Limerick city? Figaro's at 22e seems verrrrrrry dear!
    Barber Ink in beside Tesco Express in Corbally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Bit confused as to where this actually is, google maps is telling me it's in the city like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another +1 for Johnnys in Castletroy, got a lovely haircut for the respectable 16 euro compared to 22 euro for figaro's - will be going back. Johnny used to work for Hacketts in Rossini's so has the training to back him up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭Hooked

Bit confused as to where this actually is, google maps is telling me it's in the city like?

Kilmurry roundabout, few doors up from dominos pizza - upstairs. Can't miss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement