Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sage Quickpay - On domain pc?

• 08-11-2014 2:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to install Quickpay on a computer that is on a domain (networked)? After migrating from XP to Windows 7 I need to be able to install this for wages. I'm not familiar with this software and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

When I install it from the disk, it installs fine. When I go to run the program for the first time, I get a prompt for the activation key, which I enter (from the old Windows XP computer) and it goes away. When I go to open Quickpay nothing happens.

Here's the error I got in the error log file:
    ========>
    [08/11/2014 10:27:05]
    File: MustangConfig.cpp, 274
    Error code: 0x80004005
    Error description: The following shared components are missing:
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.AppNotifier.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Licensing.Adapter.dll
        - [B]Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Licensing.Domain.dll[/B]
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Licensing.Interfaces.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Licensing.LicenceController.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Licensing.LicenceManagerClient.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.log4net.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.Logger.dll
        - Sage.IE.SageHibernia.Services.HardwareSignature.dll
    <========

I'm going to ring Sage on Monday about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

There should be no difference between installing it on a standalone or a domain PC. It just looks like it didn't install properly at all, i.e. it's not just the component in bold that's missing. When programming, domain means the representations of data in your application, so I doubt domain.dll has anything to do with Active Directory. Try running the program in compatibility mode (right click, troubleshoot) and call Sage on Monday if that doesn't work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks Brian.

I've tried uninstalling and removing any Sage folder on the PC, then removing the PC from the domain, and re-installing Quickpay 2011. It asked me for the license key which I had from the old PC, I entered this and clicked OK. Nothing happened then. The problem still remains even when I run in compatibility mode when troubleshooting it.

When I put it in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2), the window with Quickpay 2011 shows and closes quickly. Nothing happens then.

The old machine had Sage Accounts and Quickpay, now they only need Quickpay. Would this make a difference when installing Quickpay perhaps?

I'm installing Sage Quickpay using the CD.

I understand they only need to use Sage for payroll.
    I'm going to ring Sage next week and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I think your problem is that your CD is not compatible with Windows 7.

How old is your disk, and when was Window 7 released. If the disk predates Windows 7 you've found your problem.

SAGE migrated away from Quickpay to Micropay a couple of years back, so it might be time to upgrade.

BTW, I preferred Quickpay! :(

Advertisement