Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's going on in Meath.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

Pudsey64 wrote: »
    Rally simulator night on Friday 7th November in the Castle Arch Hotel , Trim.

Cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Des Bishop live in the Solstice tomorrow night!

http://www.solsticeartscentre.com/comedy/des-bishop-coming-home.1025.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Sold out...but there's a great play on Friday from love/hate writer Stuart caralon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This should be good, i'm in it

tdg_zps585eba6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭b318isp

scudzilla wrote: »
    This should be good, i'm in it

See you next week then, planning to be there on Thursday and backstage on Friday. I hear Brian is doing a great job with ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

b318isp wrote: »
    See you next week then, planning to be there on Thursday and backstage on Friday. I hear Brian is doing a great job with ye!

and you are???

scudzilla wrote: »
    and you are???

Can't say here! Let's say I'm in black regularly with Brian and Colette.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Christmas craft fair in Trim Castle Hotel on this Sunday in aid of the Trim Playground development:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

10169439_580863898713463_3006425853483475678_n.jpg?oh=1020317e4737560a4ba691daa4d984f6&oe=5512E355&__gda__=1426548461_ff82ef7fd83935c43a17a8a421759dc9

All welcome, especially the toys!

Christmas Fairs

Sun Nov 30th
    Summerhill - Annual Christmas Fair, community centre, 12 noon to 4pm. Adm free.

Dunderry - Christmas Craft Fair community hall, 11.30am to 6pm. Adm free.

Dunboyne Castle Hotel Christmas Fair, 7th December 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Anybody got a heads up on where Santy might be making an apearance this weekend? Want to bring the young fella and would rather not have to go to any major shopping centres.

Thanks

The North Pole! :D

Anybody got a heads up on where Santy might be making an apearance this weekend? Want to bring the young fella and would rather not have to go to any major shopping centres.

Ashbourne between 2&4, check to be sure.

chewed wrote: »
    The North Pole! :D

With those tracking skills you should be working for [bad pun] InterPole. [/bad pun]

Dunboyne Panto is on this Saturday (13th) at 2:30 and 7:30, and Sunday (2:30).

THis is only getting off the ground, so all support gratefully accepted. Some brilliant local talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Bit of a cheap bump for our parish priest, Father Ray Kelly. :) His new CD is out now and he will be performing at the Olympia on Feb. 19th.

Anything particularly interesting happening around Meath this weekend?

Don't think we're venturing too far and have nothing planned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well I'm doing the Summerhill 10k on Monday, there's also a 4k fun run which would be good for the younger ones. There's a 10k in Drogheda (let's not argue the Meath/Louth thing here lol) which is on Sunday.

Saw a sign for something in Ballivor this weekend, like a classic car run or something. Think that's on Sunday.

That's all I know about, I'm sure there's tons more.

ALMC Stages Rally 2015.
    Sunday 5th July
    HQ is Castle Arch Hotel
    Service in Oaktree business park.
    Ceremonial start at Trim castle carpark , Castle Street on Saturday evening.
    More info on the almc stages rally website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Braveheart 5k trail run in Trim on June 12th.
    5k in Oldcastle on July 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Trim Haymaking Festival on today, 21 June 2015:

http://www.trimhaymakingfestival.com/

What do you get for the €10 entry fee?

Anything on to celebrate today being the longest day of the year?

Kells road races for all you motorsports enthusiasts, Crossakiel, roads close at 11, great days fun for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

bladespin wrote: »
    Kells road races for all you motorsports enthusiasts, Crossakiel, roads close at 11, great days fun for all.

Ah Funk it... i seem to miss this every year! How come nothing posted about this earlier on here or the usual places?

Access wrote:
    Ah Funk it... i seem to miss this every year! How come nothing posted about this earlier on here or the usual places?

Agree, only thought of posting after I seen the thread update, the festival has been scaled back a good bit since it's hay day but it's still a great couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭paul71

I was told today of a vintage car rally in Trim this weekend. I dont have any details maybe some here can offer more information.

paul71 wrote: »
    I was told today of a vintage car rally in Trim this weekend. I dont have any details maybe some here can offer more information.

Next Sunday. 19th

http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/braveheart-20-a-special-screening-of-the-oscar-winning-film-braveheart-tickets-15698800535

Outdoor screening of Braveheart as part of celebration of the films 20th year.

Saturday 1st August.

http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/braveheart-20-a-special-screening-of-the-oscar-winning-film-braveheart-tickets-15698800535

Outdoor screening of Braveheart as part of celebration of the films 20th year.

Saturday 1st August.

€27.25!!!! That's a bit steep!

chewed wrote: »
    €27.25!!!! That's a bit steep!

Agreed, however given thats its outdoor, I am not sure how they can stop people coming along for a freebie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Agreed, however given thats its outdoor, I am not sure how they can stop people coming along for a freebie.

it's not in the castle grounds ?

Advertisement