Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where 2 buy cd/hdd rails?

• 30-01-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

If anyone knows where online i can purchase some sliding rails for my 3.5" hdd's and 5.25" Cd drive it would be much appreciated. I have tried all the usual sites listed here ,Komplett etc.....but they do not sell them. My local shops here dont sell them either. Ebay only has the Dell ones and i dont think they are compatible with normal cases.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Would this be what you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If your thinking of a kit which will allow you to just slide the cd/hdd drives in and out its very unlikely that it will work. As the case has to be designed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

that one in maplin is a kit for making the 3.5" fit into a 5.25". What i am looking for is those plastic rails that screw onto the side of hdds and cd drives so they can slide into their respective drive slots.The case i have is a nzxt lexa blackline. Alot of the newer cases dont use screw in's they now use these sliding rails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the lexa comes with rails.
    there's enough to fill all the drives on dvd and hd.

did you break or loose some?
    ive got a few lying around from my lexa case if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

i got the case on ebay. received it a few days ago and brought up a dispute. The store havent even replied to any of my emails. They advertised the case as being complete except for psu. they even had photos of the bloody rails in a packet with the computer. I was reading through their feedback in the last few days and its full of negative feedback. i think the company are going to do a runner. Its called clocktronix.....stay away=)

RoyalMarine....i would love those rails=) Oh and i managed to sell my gx2 for 175 on ebay....i think i pm'd you that though? Pm me about the rails and what you want etc.

Tnx

• Advertisement
Advertisement