Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Longwood

• 03-08-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Will be moving to Longwood, Co. Meath in the very near future. Just wondering what kind of place is it, facilities, what the school is like, etc.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

As in many small villages in Meath there has been a large influx of Dubs over the last 15 years - don't know how well this has worked out.
    Secondary school needs refurbishment - varied reports on what discipline/academic and pastoral care is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers for the reply - have also heard a mixture about the secondary school there, and I'd be interested to hear more on it if anyone had more info.

Like anything, I suppose I'm both excited and anxious about the move....but starting to get more anxious the closer the dates comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Used to be out there a fair bit a few years back.

Unless its changed there's nothing in the place, mobile/broadband reception was awful and to be blunt I'd reconsider if it's not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They should paint the church. Hideous colour.

Cheers everyone for the replies.

Does anyone know how you can avoid the M4 toll heading to Longwood from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

We having been living here for about 7 years. The kids love it 15yo 9yo 3yo. There are plans for a new secondary school to be finished for next august. A new primary school has been open for about 3 years. My kids have had no problems in the schools but as with all schools there will always be pupils that have difficulty's in some way. Shops wise its not great but we are centrally located between trim enfield and kinnegad. Pm me if you want to know anything specific

chases0102 wrote: »
    Cheers everyone for the replies.

Does anyone know how you can avoid the M4 toll heading to Longwood from Dublin?

If you come of the n4 at kilcock and head for enfield

That's great, thanks!

How long is the commute from Dublin roughly, say Inchicore?

It all depends on the time you are heading into Dublin at. If your leaving after 7am and driving it could take 45 min to an hour. You can get a kerns bus from enfield and it will only take 30 to 40 min

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭paul71

Sorry to drag up an older thread, but what are the broadband options like in Longwood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Paul,

pretty limited broadband options. Eircom still haven't upgraded the phone lines for broadband, and we have given up trying to get them to.
    Mobile broadband (vodafone, o2, etc) is one option. The only other option is ripplecom wireless broadband. But I use the term "broadband" loosely. It's a costly, poor service, not worth paying for, trust me. They are a terrible ISP.

That's about it really. I've given up asking Digiweb to expand their service down from Trim and surrounding areas to cover Longwood.
    Which is a shame, because it's everywhere else in the area except here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭paul71

Thanks Chef,

So Niall Quinns', can you see the sky claim is hyperbole.

There is a line of sight network available in Garadice and Coole, I wonder if they can be persuaded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Longwood law - bate the stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abbbs

moving to longwood as soon as just got employment there loking for accomadition t rent n the area as daft and my home dont seem to have any if anyone knows of any would they let me know please thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Your best bet may be to ask around in the pubs there.

Advertisement