Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any exit polls?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Pretty significant that Paddy Power paid out early.
    They have traders and mathematicans working out liability and risk and they have managers all over the country too.
    I think that's a boost for the Yes camp if they want reassuring.

Of course, sometimes go wrong like Fred Done bookmakers who paid out early on the 1998 Premier League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

micmclo wrote: »
    They have traders and mathematicans working out liability and risk and they have managers all over the country too.
    I think that's a boost for the Yes camp if they want reassuring.

I really, really hope so. But I also heard a snippet on the news this morning where the statisticians on the Yes side reckoned they needed 45% turn-out to be 'safe'. And as the Poker forum is my normal home on boards, I'm a big believer in stats and maths. I reckon it's still going down to the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

must take a look at the poker forum. never could quite get the hang of Texas Holdem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Pal wrote: »
    must take a look at the poker forum. never could quite get the hang of Texas Holdem

You're very welcome, but a quick word of warning: it's not always as civil as this forum! There are a few guys here, both on the Yes and No side, who could show the rest of boards how to post proper constructive arguments. It's been an enlightening few weeks here, personally speaking.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

micmclo wrote: »

Don't forget....part of it is marketing. They get their name out on every radio station and internet board by paying out early.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Khannie wrote: »
    Don't forget....part of it is marketing. They get their name out on every radio station and internet board by paying out early.
    Exactly. Its a deliberate ploy by them. Clever though!

DeV.

Advertisement