Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Sky to Fta advice

Options
  • 28-11-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

So after 8 years with sky I'm getting rid. The reason I prob stayed with them is the ease of use and the missus with mtv however have got a nowtv so that's that taken care of. Looking for advice on box. Freesat don't need soarview box have it built into my tv.
    Box requirements. Must be user friendly with the ability of being able to record either via internal or external drive. I know Humax you can remote record any other boxes that do this? Would really appreciate any box advice as possible. Want to make the right choice first time and start saving money.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

It might be worth keeping an eye on the following thread from Digital Spy:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091526

Some UK ex-subscription users are reporting that a lapsed-sub Sky box is still allowing recordings, so you may be able to just cancel the sub and carry on using the same equipment you currently use.

Even if recording doesn't work, you will still be able to carry on using your existing set-up as a Free To Air system until you make your decision on purchasing another recordable box.

Advertisement