Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humax Freesat Candy Pink Screen.. Help Please

Options
  • 24-11-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a Humax freesat box and a soarview box linked to my tv via hdmi cables.
    The reception on the soarview box is normal but the freesat is a showing a lovely pink screen with sound but no picture. I changed the hdmi cables but this has made no difference. Also any recordings that were made previously when the picture was normal are now showing as a flickering pink screen. Help needed please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

factory reset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

Thanks for the quick reply, am going to do that now. Why do these things happen when you haven't sat down all day and all your favourite programmes are about to start.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

admcfad wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, am going to do that now. Why do these things happen when you haven't sat down all day and all your favourite programmes are about to start.......

Its a handshaking issue. Leave the TV on. Turn the Humax off and on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume you have tried unplugging the Humax box and the TV from the mains and plugged back in again? If not try this first.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

Thanks Atlantic Dawn, I had to unplug it from the wall in the end, which sorted the problem out, as the factory reset option was not available on the settings menu when the pink screen was on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement