Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

need advice

Options
  • 23-11-2014 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭

So I'm with my partner nearly 8 years we have a 9 week old baby and also had a miscarriage last June, we tried desperately for our baby.
    I'm just after finding out that he cheated on me a week after we found out I was pregnant with a girl that lived a few doors down from us, well he got this girl pregnant aswell and never told me so now he has 2 newborn babies..
    I want to make things work for the sake of our child but I don't know if I can get over the lies, the cheating and sneakieness of keeping it from for nearly a year...
    I suppose I just want to know what everyone would do in my situation, I'm so hurt, angry and so dissapointed :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I wouldn't be able to get over his betrayal. He can have a relationship with your child and that doesn't mean you need to be in a Romantic relationship with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

CaraMay wrote: »
    I wouldn't be able to get over his betrayal. He can have a relationship with your child and that doesn't mean you need to be in a Romantic relationship with him.

Thanks for your advice, I always told myself in this situation I would leave but I can't bring myself to imagine my baby being from a broken home like I was..I'm so confused, I suppose I need time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice, I always told myself in this situation I would leave but I can't bring myself to imagine my baby being from a broken home like I was..I'm so confused, I suppose I need time

I'm sorry op but it's broken already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

ceecee14 wrote: »

Better to be from a broken home than in one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Tasden wrote: »
    Better to be from a broken home than in one.

True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

I'm not going to advise you either way, but you are not from a broken home, you are from a home. There are many many happy, healthy family units headed by a single parent, a parent and a step parent, two people of same gender etc etc. They might not be the traditional unit, but they are not broken.

Advertisement