Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends with a guy

• 22-11-2014 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I realise its a lot to read for a Saturday morning, but a guy I'm friends with, and only see him that way just sent me this
    mod snip

I have a bad feeling i might have lost him as a friend and he sees me as more

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I have a bad feeling i might have lost him as a friend and he sees me as more

I'd put it being more than just a feeling. It's pretty blatantly obvious from all of the above that the guy is head over heels about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Is posting his entire, painfully private message to you on a public forum a good thing? I'd say reduce it down to some key ideas and then he might not find it and be humiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That hurt my brain to read. Is he 17 or 18?

Tbh you dont need advice here. If he didnt have the balls to talk to you I would reply with an email to say, Thanks, i am flattered but i only see you as a friend.

Nothing more. No lets hang out, or we can still be mates or who knows in the future etc. no false hope. Short direct.

He will thank you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Is posting his entire, painfully private message to you on a public forum a good thing? I'd say reduce it down to some key ideas and then he might not find it and be humiliated.

Seriously, OP. That's a private message he's sent you, meant for your eyes only. Not intended to be copied and pasted for the public to read. Edit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I don't think the OP can edit it because she posted it as an unregistered guest.

OP, at best the friendship between you and him has changed irrevocably. At worst you'll be losing your friend. It's very hard to come back from something like this and pretend nothing happened. It's blatantly obvious that he's seriously smitten with you. No matter how kindly you reject him, things are never going to be the same between you. I'm sure it took a lot of courage for him to write all that so be gentle but firm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Can a moderator edit the message perhaps? Poor guy if he stumbles upon it. In fairness, how much courage did that take to write. I think it's very sweet and I'm a complete cynic normally..

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod Note:

If the OP would like the original text removed, feel free to ask in-thread, or PM a PI moderator in confidence through their registered account.

Regards,
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here

I understand the sentiment others are echoing that I shouldn't have posted a private message, I was completely and utterly lost at what he was saying, and at a certain time in the morning, clear thoughts just weren't occurring...

Thank you other posters for your own thoughts, and unfortunately I agree that its best to let him down firmly... I am only interested in friendship and nothing more.

I would appreciate it if a mod could delete the message itself.

Advertisement