Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farm Placement in New Zealand

• 30-10-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,
    I am studying agricultural science in waterford it and have been offered the chance to go to new zealand milking or to stay at home and be placed on a farm.
    I'v been given mixed reviews on what to do and where to go.
    I'm just wondering has anybody been milking in New Zealand and what did ye think of it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

tooreenlad wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am studying agricultural science in waterford it and have been offered the chance to go to new zealand milking or to stay at home and be placed on a farm.
    I'v been given mixed reviews on what to do and where to go.
    I'm just wondering has anybody been milking in New Zealand and what did ye think of it?
    Thanks.
    Go!!!
    Get away from this country you'll learn more there in 6 mths than you will in your 3 yrs in waterford.
    Go with a bunch from the course and you'll have a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tooreenlad

it looks good alright but my uncle has been there and he wouldnt recommend it as he thought that the farmers worked the crap out of the lads for damn all money, its not that i afraid to be worked hard but i dont want to be miserable out there either.!
    on the other hand lads that went out last year really enjoyed themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

it looks good alright but my uncle has been there and he wouldnt recommend it as he thought that the farmers worked the crap out of the lads for damn all money, its not that i afraid to be worked hard but i dont want to be miserable out there either.!
    Ye wont be made up with the money but you'll get a great experience and sabe up a bit snd spend last 2/3wks travelling or doing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Go Go Go

Never came across anyone been over worked, depends on your definition of over working if course. Typically 12 hour days at least two hours off in middle of the day and 1.5 days off a week minimum. Great experience and as greengrass says ull learn a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tooreenlad

i have the cv sent off a few weeks now and there are a few of us going. we are told we are going to be working 10 days on and 3 days off. just wondering whats it like out there.! i will defiantly learn more by going than being stuck in college !

• Advertisement
Advertisement