Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eb theory test?

• 10-02-2012 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi.
    can someone tell me when taking the EB theory test, do u study from the same theory test book as a car?
    The original theory test book ? does it cover the use of towing horse boxes and weights etc for the Eb license theory test?

Or do we need to get a different book?

I drive a landcruiser jeep and tow a 1510 ifor williams horse box.. but i want to get my EB license theory test done and then move on to the practical.. getting itchy now that a guard will pull me and look for the eb side of things..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

I am pretty sure it was just the standard car theory test that i done to get the provisional EB lisence, just make sure it is the most up to date theory book that you use, they can throw some pretty imaginative questions at you!

Remember you will have to wait 6months from the date you get your provisional until you can sit the practical :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

4odh4n wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it was just the standard car theory test that i done to get the provisional EB lisence, just make sure it is the most up to date theory book that you use, they can throw some pretty imaginative questions at you!

Remember you will have to wait 6months from the date you get your provisional until you can sit the practical :confused:

Hi

You no longer need to have your EB permit 6 months as per this link:

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Your-learner-permit/what-it-is/

Never made sense in the 1st place place IMO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 diesel powered

Does a EB licence need be held for builders trailer or what is the rules governing size weight dimensons etc ???

and is EB test same as normal car test or is it in test center dealing with coupling and reversing etc ??
    thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does a EB licence need be held for builders trailer or what is the rules governing size weight dimensons etc ???

and is EB test same as normal car test or is it in test center dealing with coupling and reversing etc ??
    thanks.

Its about the weight rather than size:
    EB: Combinations of vehicles with drawing vehicle in category B and where the design gross vehicle weight of the trailer is greater than 750kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 diesel powered

So by that rule i can pull car transporter but not car transorter with car on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

So by that rule i can pull car transporter but not car transorter with car on it ?

Nope!, a car transporter is designed to be able to carry more than 750kg so u will still need EB license to tow it even when empty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

does the book change every year or can you just get the 2011 one

Advertisement