Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

donalg1 wrote: »
    Good lad yourself if you feel so strongly why don't you leave the country cause your silly attitude ain't gonna help you or anyone else I'm sure you can find a country somewhere that will make you happy low taxes high pay free services for everyone blah blah blah

Slither back under your rock to count your dirty money, there's a good laddie,

We've heard your tactics before . . .

"Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people
    Who shall take what ye would not give.
    Did ye think to conquer the people, or that law is stronger than life,
    And than men’s desire to be free?
    We will try it out with you ye that have harried and held,
    Ye that have bullied and bribed.
    Tyrants… hypocrites… liars!"
    The Rebel, by Patrick Pearse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Good lad yourself if you feel so strongly why don't you leave the country cause your silly attitude ain't gonna help you or anyone else

Worked for David Drumm (former chief executive, Anglo Irish Bank) with his house in Cape Cod.
    No fine either............ which is what a poor non-household tax payer can expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Good lad yourself if you feel so strongly why don't you leave the country cause your silly attitude ain't gonna help you or anyone else I'm sure you can find a country somewhere that will make you happy low taxes high pay free services for everyone blah blah blah

Slither back under your rock to count your dirty money, there's a good laddie,

We've heard your tactics before . . .

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people
    Who shall take what ye would not give.
    Did ye think to conquer the people, or that law is stronger than life,
    And than men’s desire to be free?
    We will try it out with you ye that have harried and held,
    Ye that have bullied and bribed.
    Tyrants… hypocrites… liars!"
    [/COLOR]
    The Rebel, by Patrick Pearse

If you wish to make comparisons to Bertie I think you would be better starting with the anti brigade as they are the ones refusing to open their eyes and realise how f***** things are and are instead content on carrying on the way we are until everything gets far worse. Anti brigade = fianna fail.

Pete M. wrote: »
    Please be quiet pal. If you actually understood the context of that post it would be helpful however you see what you want to see and ignore everything else just like every other wally here. That post was in reference to the idiotic posts by others that think not paying this charge will generate huge revenue for local businesses which in turn will create a multitude of jobs and will end the recession!!! So basically not paying your taxes will end the recession!!!

So lol at that one and find that truly hilarious just like I did with your ridiculous puts son

Pal? Wally? Son?

I think not buddy...

You have your wobbly way of seeing things, I have mine.

Do you see the poll up there?Thats the one that counts round these here parts so :p

Mature!!!

You see the thing with polls is more of the anti people are likely to vote in them, same way with reviews online as people with bad experiences are more likely to bother their hole going on line to fill out a review than those that are happy with the service it's not rocket science actually pretty obvious when you think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Many middle class families cannot afford this household charge despite what many say. People are borrowing from Credit Unions already to pay the increased education fees, car insurance, health insurance etc. All this while wages are decreasing and expenses like fuel and mortgages are rising.
    They cannot get blood out of a stone. People are not just refusing to pay
    THEY CAN'T PAY.
    That has to be the point, what is the point of introducing a tax that you know most people liable to pay simply cant pay it!
    It goes against the very basic canons of taxation to introduce a tax that you know in advance that people will simply not be able to pay.
    I dont agree with a lot of the anti arguements but this poster has hit the nail on the head.

• Advertisement

lividduck wrote: »
    That has to be the point, what is the point of introducing a tax that you know most people liable to pay simply cant pay it!
    It goes against the very basic canons of taxation to introduce a tax that you know in advance that people will simply not be able to pay.
    I dont agree with a lot of the anti arguements but this poster has hit the nail on the head.

I think it has been shown at the start of this thread that 99% of people can afford the €2 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I think it has been shown at the start of this thread that 99% of people can afford the €2 per week.
    And it would also seem that more than 99% of people havent paid it....1.6 million households eligible and 78,000 have registered.....0.4875%

Do you think the other 1.5 million people will be rushing to pay this over the next 6 weeks..?

This is failing and failing miserably, surprise surprise :)

Sizzler wrote: »
    And it would also seem that more than 99% of people havent paid it....1.6 million households eligible and 78,000 have registered.....0.4875%

Do you think the other 1.5 million people will be rushing to pay this over the next 6 weeks..?

I didnt say that 99% have paid it now did I? I said that 99% of people can afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I didnt say that 99% have paid it now did I? I said that 99% of people can afford it.

99% of people just won't set themselves up for the inevitable gouging of their finances once they've registered.

We're not stupid FG.

STOP raping us!

Some of us have no more to give!

Never said you did...read it again :)

I was drawing the comparison between the claim that 99% people can afford it but it would seem more than 99% of people arent interested in paying it...go grab a coffee ;)

• Advertisement

Never said you did...read it again :)

I was drawing the comparison between the claim that 99% people can afford it but it would seem more than 99% of people arent interested in paying it...go grab a coffee ;)

I still fail to see the point you are trying to make, I said 99% can afford it and you replied saying well they havent paid it?? So what is your response actually getting at? So you go grab yourself a coffee there and wink at someone else ok!!

I still fail to see the point you are trying to make, I said 99% can afford it and you replied saying well they havent paid it?? So what is your response actually getting at? So you go grab yourself a coffee there and wink at someone else ok!!
    PMSL

The complexity of correlation :eek:

PMSL

The complexity of correlation :eek:

Good one, I assume you have no actual valid points to make in relation to this thread so while you are pmsl why dont you gtfo and troll somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Please be quiet pal. If you actually understood the context of that post it would be helpful however you see what you want to see and ignore everything else just like every other wally here. That post was in reference to the idiotic posts by others that think not paying this charge will generate huge revenue for local businesses which in turn will create a multitude of jobs and will end the recession!!! So basically not paying your taxes will end the recession!!!

So lol at that one and find that truly hilarious just like I did with your ridiculous puts son
    See what you want to see and ignore everything else? I think that's your position, isn't it?

Mature!!!

You see the thing with polls is more of the anti people are likely to vote in them, same way with reviews online as people with bad experiences are more likely to bother their hole going on line to fill out a review than those that are happy with the service it's not rocket science actually pretty obvious when you think about it
    5% have paid the tax to date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And it would also seem that more than 99% of people havent paid it....1.6 million households eligible and 78,000 have registered.....4.875%

and that 78,000 may include the approx 47,000 held by NAMA

they'll do well to get 10% registered before the deadline, good luck to them sending out over a million letters looking for payment

Good one, I assume you have no actual valid points to make in relation to this thread so while you are pmsl why dont you gtfo and troll somewhere else.
    You are losing the argument here, it shows in 2 ways....
    1.The poll at the start of the thread is heading more and more in the no direction and
    2. The tone of your posts, I think its time a few of them were reported. Maybe a weeks ban might calm you down.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    You are losing the argument here, it shows in 2 ways....
    1.The poll at the start of the thread is heading more and more in the no direction and
    2. The tone of your posts, I think its time a few of them were reported. Maybe a weeks ban might calm you down.

I have highlighted the above to show this is why you are actually losing the argument.

You see by reporting everyone with a different opinion you may end up being the only one left here and sure then you can declare yourself the winner by default. The fact you need to run to the mods to help you shows you have nothing left to say on the subject, but sure we all know this anyway as you have been spouting the same lines for days now.

Another thing too, its not about winning and losing its about expressing opinions as there is no way any one can win or lose this one, you see some will pay some wont its that simple. Those that pay will be abiding by the laws of the state those that dont wont and will have a charge registered against their property its very straight forward.

I have highlighted the above to show this is why you are actually losing the argument.

You see by reporting everyone with a different opinion you may end up being the only one left here and sure then you can declare yourself the winner by default. The fact you need to run to the mods to help you shows you have nothing left to say on the subject, but sure we all know this anyway as you have been spouting the same lines for days now.

Another thing too, its not about winning and losing its about expressing opinions as there is no way any one can win or lose this one, you see some will pay some wont its that simple. Those that pay will be abiding by the laws of the state those that dont wont and will have a charge registered against their property its very straight forward.
    Oh yea, 'spouting', here we go again.
    I have being trying to put forward examples of how we can move forward in this country.
    You, on the other hand have been slagging off everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Using the words pal,son etc plus telling others to "gtfo and troll somewhere else"
    Grow up. I won't be responding to any more of your posts so feel free to make sure you have the last word with me ok if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Shenshen wrote: »
    It's €100, that's around €8.33 a month.

I'm finding it absolutely baffling how people can get worked up over this, yet will happily spend as much on a single drink on a night out....

Get a grip. Seriously.

U get a grip - look at what the charge is going to be next year. Up to 5 grand. That's over €416 a month. You'd be hard pushed to spend that on a single drink on a night out! :eek:

• Advertisement

I have being trying to put forward examples of how we can move forward in this country.
    You, on the other hand have been slagging off everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Using the words pal,son etc plus telling others to "gtfo and troll somewhere else"
    Grow up. I won't be responding to any more of your posts so feel free to make sure you have the last word with me ok if it makes you feel better.

Wont respond because you have run out of things to say and can only repeat yourself? Grand you take the "moral high ground":D and prove to me that you cant convince me to not pay this charge.

The only people I have called a troll are those that came here to troll and instead of attacking my posts have attacked me.

Just as you have in your post above there in the highlighted part. Pot and kettle comes to mind.

And if you really want to discuss growing up I suggest you grow up and pay your taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

What do you think would happen to your little bit of private property? The not so civil disobeyers might think they were as much entitled to it as you.

That sounds like you are referring to the government . They love to take our private property :) As for the possible anarchistic consequences of a lot of people snapping at once... I would expect them to snap out of a sense of ethical angry righteousness... not because they would be skanger chavs or commies; and hence their anger would be specifically directed at a few select scumbags but have no other particular agenda other than one similar to squeezing out a turd and flushing . And I doubt that the army or police would turn against their own people so regular scum would still be locked up ( or left to roam the streets as is currently the case). The new USSR is this fu(ked up system of government imposed upon us where true capitalism is sidelined. Anyway tis but a dream :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

........... prove to me that you cant convince me to not pay this charge.

On a serious note, what's you're conversion rate do you think? Seems the poll is speeding away from those in the wrong in this debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

U get a grip - look at what the charge is going to be next year. Up to 5 grand. That's over €416 a month. You'd be hard pushed to spend that on a single drink on a night out! :eek:

Where did you get the 5 grand figure from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Where did you get the 5 grand figure from?

Maybe he has a million euro pile in Dalkey with stunning views of the oil rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

Haven't heard feck all about it tbh, certainly not going to register on the net, they'll have to send me a bill, then I'll probably pay but I'll make sure I get at least that value out of the council over the next year.

squod wrote: »
    On a serious note, what's you're conversion rate do you think? Seems the poll is speeding away from those in the wrong in this debate.

I am not here to convert anyone, I am here to offer my opinion only. I have never once advised anyone to pay it or not to pay it as it is up to them what they do with their own money. I would not for a second tell anyone what to do with their money unlike the anti brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

It'll pay to fix the road. Then it'll pay for some nordie contractor to dig it up again in two months.

Oh yeah, it'll also pay for the sixty different administrators we don't need between the local hospital and the 17 different HSE buildings in the town.

Fool.

Says and shows it all really gerry

• Advertisement

squod wrote: »
    You're wasting your time, as I've said before, there's none so blind as those that cannot see.
    It's his way or nothing else. No other argument can be explored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement