Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miller being sued for claiming Blue Moon is craft.

• 02-05-2015 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see what the outcome will be, seems he may have a good chance of winning as in the states they have a much more clearly defined definition of what a craft brewer is.

http://jrnl.ie/2081500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

But what loss has he suffered that he needs compensation for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Tigger wrote: »
    But what loss has he suffered that he needs compensation for?

Paying a premium for a macro seems to be the main loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Paying a premium for a macro seems to be the main loss.

It might just be re-assuringly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Surely one taste of that vile p!ss would have been enough for him to have known it wasn't a craft beer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Surely one taste of that vile p!ss would have been enough for him to have known it wasn't a craft beer?

On the Last Word one evening last year they had a piece on craft beers and tasting. They had a guy on from Blue Moon doing it, basically a 20 minute or so infomercial. I'd say the small Irish brewers were spitting bullets.

So based on that alone a sizable portion of the listenership would have been fooled into believing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Christ on a bike so the essence of this story is ''Bell-end gets found out so to cover his ass he sues big evil company to strike a blow for the the little guy''. In fairness only an imbecile would think Blue Moon was a 'Craft' or 'Independent' brew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

dpofloinn wrote: »
    Christ on a bike so the essence of this story is ''Bell-end gets found out so to cover his ass he sues big evil company to strike a blow for the the little guy''. In fairness only an imbecile would think Blue Moon was a 'Craft' or 'Independent' brew

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Why? It's hardly that bad and you would need a frame of reference anyway. Also there are many micros making poorer beers!
    dpofloinn wrote: »
    In fairness only an imbecile would think Blue Moon was a 'Craft' or 'Independent' brew

Or perhaps people who are not like us and aren't totally immersed in the world of so-called craft beer...
    Believe it or not, the general public are not like us!

BTW it's a class action complaint, which is probably being brought to make someone money.

Can't access that journal page but I had come across this yesterday and it includes a download of complaint.

http://consumerist.com/2015/05/01/millercoors-sued-for-selling-blue-moon-as-a-craft-beer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

lk67 wrote: »
    Why? It's hardly that bad and you would need a frame of reference anyway. Also there are many micros making poorer beers!

Or perhaps people who are not like us and aren't totally immersed in the world of so-called craft beer...
    Believe it or not, the general public are not like us!

BTW it's a class action complaint, which is probably being brought to make someone money.

Can't access that journal page but I had come across this yesterday and it includes a download of complaint.

http://consumerist.com/2015/05/01/millercoors-sued-for-selling-blue-moon-as-a-craft-beer/

Yeah, Blue Moon isn't that bad. I used to drink it a lot when I moved to New Tork but after a while I found it very acidic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Patww79 wrote: »
    At least it's been discovered before the poor crafties got fooled here. Imagine having to tell the goys that you drank something made by the man, though luckily it's far too mainstream these days to make the mistake. The humanity.

Not a big fan of it myself, but sandpits brewery (coors ) has some of the most gold from GABF.

There are as few similar situations to blue moon happening in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Ipso wrote: »
    Yeah, Blue Moon isn't that bad. I used to drink it a lot when I moved to New Tork but after a while I found it very acidic.

Probably all the oranges the bar tender put in it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Someone could make a few bob here suing the pubs and road houses that claim to sell 'home cooked food'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not to mention "Fine Ales" :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never had a bottled-from-cask-onsite whiskey in the two "whiskey bonders" in Maynooth either, the bastards.

Advertisement